Shemar Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
No Henderson was apparently committed to Miami...Henderson threw a fit at an all star game because he didn't start. Rumph and Banda were there and basically told him to man up and relax. He didnt like that.
That's exactly what happened...

Advertisement
that’s my guess is that he’ll even outgrow the SDE spot. Iirc, he’s already 265 so we’ll have to see how his body projects.

He can be 300 pounds for all I care, as long as he keeps moving the way he moves. But you're correct that the obvious projection is to move inside in a 4-3. Who knows, maybe we'll use more 3-4 with him, Taylor and Roberts out there? We should be more multiple with our defensive line schemes regardless.

Advertisement
No Henderson was apparently committed to Miami...Henderson threw a fit at an all star game because he didn't start. Rumph and Banda were there and basically told him to man up and relax. He didnt like that.

Do we really believe that story? You're All In on Miami until that one moment? Even if it's true, it shows that Rumph was a terrible recruiter because he misread the kid.

So many misses at CB, smh. When one kid flies off, yes, I side with the coach. When it happens again and again and again, I think we know where the real problem was. Rumph was a decent developer. Maybe he would make a good CB coach in the league. But he was a serious liability at Miami.

This reminded me of another similar story... Who was that running back that showed up to campus for early admissions, was told he wasn't yet admitted academically, and promptly flipped to UF? Can't remember if he ever amounted to anything. Probably not since I can't remember, lol.

This reminded me of another similar story... Who was that running back that showed up to campus for early admissions, was told he wasn't yet admitted academically, and promptly flipped to UF? Can't remember if he ever amounted to anything. Probably not since I can't remember, lol.

Crowley?

Do we really believe that story? You're All In on Miami until that one moment? Even if it's true, it shows that Rumph was a terrible recruiter because he misread the kid.

So many misses at CB, smh. When one kid flies off, yes, I side with the coach. When it happens again and again and again, I think we know where the real problem was. Rumph was a decent developer. Maybe he would make a good CB coach in the league. But he was a serious liability at Miami.

Yes that was confirmed by credible posters.

Advertisement
He can be 300 pounds for all I care, as long as he keeps moving the way he moves. But you're correct that the obvious projection is to move inside in a 4-3. Who knows, maybe we'll use more 3-4 with him, Taylor and Roberts out there? We should be more multiple with our defensive line schemes regardless.
We can't find one effective LB, let alone 4.... not sure the 3-4 suits us

Advertisement
Unless the kid balloons up to 300+, he is an SDE. He was never an amazing 1st step guy but he has the athleticism, pass rush ability and motor to play SDE at 280 and not be a liability from a pass rush standpoint. Plus, he carries it extremely well. He is “listed” at 265, how often are kids actually accurately listed? My money is on him not weighing that much. His frame is elite though and he will definitely pack it on but we need more grown men on the outside. Chad Thomas played End up around 280, this kid can do it. He can set the edge and bring an element for an SDE that we haven’t had under Manny in that department as well as have plenty in the tank to rush the passer. Maybe slide him inside on 3rd downs etc. He is a freak. Again, unless he gets up near 3 bills and its just not making any sense any more lol, he can do it. JMO

We will cross that bridge when he signs.

Can we stop polluting the thread dedicated to our prized recruit by mentioning some Bama doofus over and over again?
You're right. I agree. Just had to throw that memory out there since y'all brought it back to my mind lol

Unless the kid balloons up to 300+, he is an SDE. He was never an amazing 1st step guy but he has the athleticism, pass rush ability and motor to play SDE at 280. Plus, he carries it extremely well. He is “listed” at 265, how often are kids actually accurately listed? My money is on him not weighing that much. His frame is elite though and he will definitely pack it on but we need more grown men on the outside. Chad Thomas played End up around 280, this kid can do it. He can set the edge and bring an element for an SDE that we haven’t had under Manny in that department as well as have plenty in the tank to rush the passer. Maybe slide him inside on 3rd downs etc. He is a freak. Again, unless he gets up near 3 bills and its just not making any sense any more lol, he can do it. JMO

We will cross that bridge when he signs.
A more athletic Chad Thomas would be a nice outcome for him. Especially since he won't be wasting 2 years lining up in a frog stance like CT had to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back