- Nov 3, 2011
Good this other schools never slide incentives under the table to convince top notch prospects to sign with them.
Let's be honest hear shamar Stewart can go to ucf and still be a top 15 pick. We need him more the he needs us. But why not the U tho you can stay home and still accomplish the same goals you would at LSU. I hope the kid don't overthink this.
There’s a human element that factors in. Plenty of can’t miss prospect have missed. And as physically gifted shamar is I wouldn’t list him as a can’t miss prospectLet's be honest hear shamar Stewart can go to ucf and still be a top 15 pick. We need him more the he needs us. But why not the U tho you can stay home and still accomplish the same goals you would at LSU. I hope the kid don't overthink this.
Yes who wouldn't love to live in a cow town college environment? That is just negative recruiting fodder from cow town schools.Miami Hurricanes’ first-round NFL draft record tied by Alabama
One thing working against the Hurricanes: Stewart values getting the college experience away from home.
“I’ve been trying to get out of town,” he said.
1. Miami wants him on campus for June cookout on the 1st; not sure if he will go. LSU wants him on campus first weekend of June.
2. He's looking for a. good environment, b. good coaches, and c. good facilities.
3. He wants to visit OSU, Clemson, Bama, and UGA. Maybe A&M.
4. Will probably wait til NSD to sign.
5. Orgeron leading LSU's recruiting of him; Van Dyke leading Miami's. He talks to DVD every day. Getting to know Simpson better. Says Simpson "knows his stuff".
6. DEs being drafted is a big deal to him.
7. Wants to major in Marine Biology. Miami has a top Marine Biology program (of course).
Unfortunately it has nothing to do with terrain. He wants to go somewhere and be the guy, be the big fish in the small pond.Yes who wouldn't love to live in a cow town college environment? That is just negative recruiting fodder from cow town schools.
James Williams comes from worse situation.....played at Pace as well..had the bigtime sec offers........and is a caneI know nothing about the kid's home situation but if the SEC schools are offering big bags and we can't or aren't offering the same, why would he stay home if you rightfully say he would be a first round pick no matter where he goes? can't fault a kid for changing the trajectory of his family's finances.
Bags ain’t big enuff to change a family financial trajectory. Friday-Saturday night trajectory for a while, sure.
You can make good money on visits and still come to Miami.Maybe the numbers are inflated or rumor but haven't we heard about some of these kids receiving $200k or more? That's not forever life changing but certainly isn't something that would easily be passed up either.
Drive for half hour west on the Tamiami trail stop, at the Miccosukee casino, pick up a Cuban guajiro, and he'll catch a bigger gator without a gun or boat.