2022 Shemar Stewart goes A2M

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Shemar/Moe officially can't use the no DC excuse tomorrow or 3-4 excuse. Who knows what Mario told him this past weekend but we just hired a top DC who plays an aggressive 4-3 defense. Shemar would feast in this type of defense but we will see if the Jumbo oil/snake money wins out.
Never believed the 3-4/4-3/DC nonsense. To me, all that is pretext for “bags”. Let’s be real / the only reason why SS would go to atm is money, and atm is giving him much more than we are.

Advertisement
Does this mean shemar to UM? Or nah

I have no info but I’d say no. Too late but his excuses have dried up quickly. Steele is a top Dc who has produced NFl talent so if he doesn’t pick Miami, Miami never had a chance cause he has everything he needs right here at home

Playing time
Friends and family
NIL deals
Top defensive coach

Advertisement
Publix isn't paying a college DE with golds. They're conservative AF

lol…u right.

But this kid, signing auto’s and shaking hands out front of some place, at some strip mall (no, not THAT kind of strip), would generate some buzz and foot traffic.

I think handlers need to wise up and really think of the many more opportunities NIL can be had in a big INTL city like Miami, rather than focusing on a one time bag payment.

Im not really that creative but even I can think of many many opportunities for NIL deals for kids. ****, Id represent Hedley and see if I could have him sign auto’s and hanging out at area Outback Steakhouses once or twice a month, for $10 or $15K. Theyve got an advertising budget to spend.

Never believed the 3-4/4-3/DC nonsense. To me, all that is pretext for “bags”. Let’s be real / the only reason why SS would go to atm is money, and atm is giving him much more than we are.
And this is a problem.We can't compete with TAM and all the money they spent on the whole class but we need to find a way to out bid them for 1 dude who is in our back yard.

Floored me when people thought we were going to have some advantage when the NIL deals were legalized. We can have the best recruiter in the world and we would not have much of a chance for the truly top tier talent on a yearly basis. Being runner up is a testament to what Mario can do. That won't keep this place from being a toxic **** hole when we inevitably miss on the top talent tomorrow
If you think any school is able to throw 100 million every few years just to bag recruits your crazy. I gotta see it to believe it.
I doubt these kids ever see most of that money.
I’m not a lawyer but maybe some in here can chime in. But the amount of money the Texas schools are spending cart Blanche is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Advertisement
I feel you on this but from another perspective….
Let’s say you’re Shemar. You’re being told by Jimbo that A&M is the best place for you, you’ll get playing time, we’ll give you this great NIL opportunity, etc… looking at the past two classes alone on the DL there’s about 10 4* or higher kids they’ve signed not including yourself. It’s one thing to bet on yourself because you think you’re better, but at some point you have to realize that there’s only a certain amount of snaps in a game and Ole Jimbo has made the same promise to you as he did to those other 10 DL players regarding playing time.
This hasn't stopped the conveyor belt of Alabama DLinemen being Day 1/2 NFL Draft picks.

I’m not trying to go after you, BCA, or anyone in particular, but is this actually how you all think?

Mario has been here for two months. He’s probably going to lose to either the national champion or the biggest public spending recruiting effort in the history of college football, with half a staff (a bed he made of course), and no longevity with prior relationships. You are disappointed in this? You actually expected him to just flip a switch and come out on top in almost every battle when it comes to the biggest players in South Florida? Moss, Kelly, Skinner, Wes, these are all nonexistent because they already happened or something?

Again I am not trying to be provocative or attack anyone, I just cannot understand this line of thinking on a significant level. But I’m also taking a very long term approach with Mario. It’s going to be a long time before I decide how I feel about him, positively or negatively, and this entire upcoming year is just the first step.
What will be the excuse when this happens with the elite ‘23 kids?

5-star DL Shemar Stewart - The Miami Monsignor Pace product was aware of who Miami was hiring was when contacted by phone shortly after news broke that former Auburn, LSU, Clemson, and Alabama defensive coordinator Kevin Steele. Stewart isn't super familiar with the Hurricanes' new defensive play-caller, but it is worth noting that Steele runs a four-man front, which has been important for Stewart's camp to know at this stage of the process. It sounds that as of Tuesday night, Stewart hasn't come to a final decision on whether he will be signing with Texas A&M or Miami. With things in motion on that side of the ball now, Miami has ground a strong push through Wednesday morning and early afternoon ahead of Stewart's 1:30 p.m. decision, which will be live on CBSSports HQ. It also sounds like Stewart had knowledge of the move ahead of reports Tuesday. Texas A&M is the unanimous 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite and I haven't heard anything that would lead me to consider moving a forecast off the Aggies.

Advertisement
5-star DL Shemar Stewart - The Miami Monsignor Pace product was aware of who Miami was hiring was when contacted by phone shortly after news broke that former Auburn, LSU, Clemson, and Alabama defensive coordinator Kevin Steele. Stewart isn't super familiar with the Hurricanes' new defensive play-caller, but it is worth noting that Steele runs a four-man front, which has been important for Stewart's camp to know at this stage of the process. It sounds that as of Tuesday night, Stewart hasn't come to a final decision on whether he will be signing with Texas A&M or Miami. With things in motion on that side of the ball now, Miami has ground a strong push through Wednesday morning and early afternoon ahead of Stewart's 1:30 p.m. decision, which will be live on CBSSports HQ. It also sounds like Stewart had knowledge of the move ahead of reports Tuesday. Texas A&M is the unanimous 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite and I haven't heard anything that would lead me to consider moving a forecast off the Aggies.

Tearing Milwaukee Bucks GIF

This hasn't stopped the conveyor belt of Alabama DLinemen being Day 1/2 NFL Draft picks.
Like I said in another post. When you can sell NFL draft picks the way Bama can, then you can do those kinds of things. Same thing with Bama and their WR’s. A&M has Myles Garrett and then no other first or second round DL since Ty Warren in ‘03. We’ve had the same amount of first round DL drafted in round one in the last 2 years than they have in the last 2.0.

Advertisement
U can't talk the talk and look like a fool
Exactly for a dude to talk about building a gd stadium
To not put down an nil that he can’t say no to
That would have sent a huge msg to the sec
Mario and Ruiz need to get shemar for the optics alone
If they lose shemar
The sec will know they can still come pluck whoever they want from south Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back