2022 Shemar Stewart goes A2M

Status
Not open for further replies.
“But bro Miami is a big city. There’s so much money there. These po dunk towns won’t be able to keep up.”

Boys are so caught up the in “dumb redneck” mindset. They have no idea that their are guys who wear worn out, 10 year old jeans everyday, with more money in his bank account than what Star Island is worth.
We will never compete w oil money. They live breathe and eat football there. We don’t here and our fans don’t care as much.

Advertisement
Floored me when people thought we were going to have some advantage when the NIL deals were legalized. We can have the best recruiter in the world and we would not have much of a chance for the truly top tier talent on a yearly basis. Being runner up is a testament to what Mario can do. That won't keep this place from being a toxic **** hole when we inevitably miss on the top talent tomorrow

Advertisement
He wants to be coached by an $EC coach then he has no excuses now.

C41B3456-6024-4C6E-BC89-FBE6B4426220.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Floored me when people thought we were going to have some advantage when the NIL deals were legalized. We can have the best recruiter in the world and we would not have much of a chance for the truly top tier talent on a yearly basis. Being runner up is a testament to what Mario can do. That won't keep this place from being a toxic **** hole when we inevitably miss on the top talent tomorrow
I said it the SEC got more money than the big city u can't compete with that oil money. They save that **** too they wear the same pair of wrangler jeans for years.

Advertisement
It will get way worse next year, just wait. This year i dont think anyone saw a school dropping $25M on a crooting class. A&M just bought the #1 class and set the bidding limit. Now EVERY school is on notice and will have to step up.

Texas offering $50K per OL? Others will offer $100K. Someone will offer $200K. etc.

A&M offering $1M per 5 star? What do you think Top 5, 5 Star QB's will start going for? $2M? $3M? etc.

Painful to say, but actually hope NCAA puts some cap or limit on this. Otherwise its just a full on bidding war w/ no salary cap.

(Regarding NIL deals) Thats just the thing though. When the wording came out with the new NIL laws, wording also contained was ‘of fair market value.’ I know that is obviously subjective, but seemingly, there can be a ‘cap.’

If an app owner or local business wants to advertise, using college athletes, what would he pay a person fair market value to be in an ad for them? If $1M?…great. $500K? Great. But fair market value for the NIL dollars invested has to be in play. That is part of the compliance of the whole thing.

I think, if the business’ were there, Miami kids are probably in a position to demand higher advertising payments than, for example, a town like Madison, WI. (i’m just using this college town as an example) The economy in a city like Miami is much higher and robust than smaller college towns.

I think NIL is still in its early stages. But it seems if Miami area business’ can get on board, not with UM’s help, but rather someone directly representing the kids, our local kids stand a chance to make significantly more than other kids from smaller towns. Because fair market value is probably higher in Miami than some podunk town in the middle of South Carolina, for instance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back