2022 Shemar Stewart goes A2M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
90% of this board really believed Miami would compete in the NIL world with SEC and Texas schools. Go look back at the threads when it was approved in Florida. Realistically Miami can’t even compete with most schools bc nobody in Miami cares about Miami football unless they win.

And no it won’t get audited and no the gravy train won’t stop. They’ll just fire Jimbo and do the same with the next guy. The only hope is that the mega donors die and their kids don’t care as much.
I was attacked for saying only the rich will get richer and now all the bags can now be legal and tax write-offs. IRS is going have a field, too.

So, all the hoopla with Mario and how we are investing in the program and we are right back where we were….getting outbid by SEC teams. Frustrating to say the least.
first of all, A&M is in a class of their own.

blaming mario for losing to A&M who spent TWENTY FIVE MILLION on a recruiting class when mario got here two months ago is just dumb

So, all the hoopla with Mario and how we are investing in the program and we are right back where we were….getting outbid by SEC teams. Frustrating to say the least.
I’m not trying to go after you, BCA, or anyone in particular, but is this actually how you all think?

Mario has been here for two months. He’s probably going to lose to either the national champion or the biggest public spending recruiting effort in the history of college football, with half a staff (a bed he made of course), and no longevity with prior relationships. You are disappointed in this? You actually expected him to just flip a switch and come out on top in almost every battle when it comes to the biggest players in South Florida? Moss, Kelly, Skinner, Wes, these are all nonexistent because they already happened or something?

Again I am not trying to be provocative or attack anyone, I just cannot understand this line of thinking on a significant level. But I’m also taking a very long term approach with Mario. It’s going to be a long time before I decide how I feel about him, positively or negatively, and this entire upcoming year is just the first step.

I'll also add in that I don't blame the players

I mean these low income families / players getting offered more money then their family will ever make in a lifetime to go there and get a free education? yeah even with my orange and green glasses on I can't be mad at the kids

Advertisement
I’m not trying to go after you, BCA, or anyone in particular, but is this actually how you all think?

Mario has been here for two months. He’s probably going to lose to either the national champion or the biggest public spending recruiting effort in the history of college football, with half a staff (a bed he made of course), and no longevity with prior relationships. You are disappointed in this? You actually expected him to just flip a switch and come out on top in almost every battle when it comes to the biggest players in South Florida? Moss, Kelly, Skinner, Wes, these are all nonexistent because they already happened or something?

Again I am not trying to be provocative or attack anyone, I just cannot understand this line of thinking on a significant level. But I’m also taking a very long term approach with Mario. It’s going to be a long time before I decide how I feel about him, positively or negatively, and this entire upcoming year is just the first step.

Sorry, missing my point. I don’t blame Mario at all. It’s not his fault that we just can’t seem compete with the “Big Boys”….when we think we’re are ready they just move the goal posts on us.

Sorry, missing my point. I don’t blame Mario at all. It’s not his fault that we just can’t seem compete with the “Big Boys”….when we think we’re are ready they just move the goal posts on us.
I gotcha. And yes, it will and should always sting when we lose a dog like SS, no matter the circumstances.

A&M decided they wanted to buy a championship team and they are in that group of one percenters who actually have the means to do it. Not thrilled with how things have started but cant blame Mario for this one. Cant blame a kid for not turning down that much money either. Shoot I dont even blame A&M... If I had that kind of dough I would do the same thing for UM.

The system is definitely broken though, cant have complete free agency free for all with no salary cap, structure or rules. Every sport needs some sort of competitive balance, its not good for college football

Advertisement
8F5A7C25-8398-4257-9D32-CF3BCC9EEDCA.jpeg

What do you want Mario to do when teams don’t have a salary cap in college **** football A&M paid all that money just to loose 3-4 games a year who gives a **** **** em one player don’t make a **** team

Well maybe we get lucky and Shemar follows his "heart" but hard to argue with a $1m bag as others have all said

That said, crazy to think about where we would be without Ruiz. Dude came outta nowhere and is seriously dedicating his money and time to UM (and to fight the NCAA & NIL FL laws!). Win or lose with Shemar, Ruiz deserves a huge thank you from all of us.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well maybe we get lucky and Shemar follows his "heart" but hard to argue with a $1m bag as others have all said

That said, crazy to think about where we would be without Ruiz. Dude came outta nowhere and is seriously dedicating his money and time to UM (and to fight the NCAA & NIL FL laws!). Win or lose with Shemar, Ruiz deserves a huge thank you from all of us.

Crazy thing to me is that we lost all those OL to Texas for 50k, now A&M is giving out millions? Based on the NIL deals lifewallet has, we should be right there with what Texas is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back