2022 Shemar Stewart goes A2M

Status
Not open for further replies.
If A&M is really dropping $30 million per recruiting class, lets talk about what that means in terms of booster money backing up the program's recruiting. I don't mean overall net worth of the boosters, but money that they are, collectively, willing to blow on ensuring their college team has the horses to win a natty. A core assumption I'm going to make is that, if I was giving this money, I wouldn't just donate $30 million if I can't replace it. I would want to set up some sort of investment vehicle to fund my NIL bag creating machine, so I can do this year after year.

Assuming I can get an annualized return of 4%, conservatively, that means they have $750 million worth of investments from which they don't give a **** about seeing a return. They're willing to let that money sit and do nothing but help fund their team. If you assume 7% returns, that still means they're talking about $430 million working for their school instead of their personal accounts. If they assume a higher rate of return, they could also underfund and allow gains to make up the difference, but that hasn't worked well for government pensions in the past, so we'll assume this is "fully funded", at least in effect (even if there isn't actually a Texas A&M investment account out there). Since we're talking about wealthier people with access to better investments than my Vanguard ETF, I'd assume they can confidently get 7% returns, and the $430 million number is closer to what these boosters collectively have in money set aside for the program.

So what's the point of all this? I'm talking specifically to you Mr. Ruiz! Park $500 million in a blind trust, with the sole purpose of funding NIL deals for UM. Please? I'm in for a grand if you do the rest.

Advertisement
gotta say I’m a bit disappointed that this could possibly come down to the highest bidder smh. Thought we had somewhat weakened that angle. Recruiting the elite is ALL about $$$ now and this favors the $EC. They've been doing it behind the scenes for decades. The NIL is just a pretty bow on top. Doesn’t help Florida has its own balls in a chastity device with NIL legislation smh. The green is what matters. We are in a bad economy ..His coach moe probably has his house being paid off riding on this smh. Visit with Shaq and Rohan Marley are nice but in the end money makes the world go round.

Other states have legislation (or don’t have legislation preventing it) that allows schools arrange NIL deals and events on behalf of their athletes. It allows NIL to be offered, essentially pay for play, to prospective athletes as a recruiting tool.

Illegal in Florida. We can’t even tell a recruit what our players are getting in NIL to clear the air for them. That’s why it’s so important Ruiz is very public about his operation. It’s advantageous to the school for him to do that.

UM can’t even orchestrate a signing event for their players. That’s not the case in Alabama, Texas, Louisiana, etc
I do not think that is accurate. Florida has passed legislation

If A&M is really dropping $30 million per recruiting class, lets talk about what that means in terms of booster money backing up the program's recruiting. I don't mean overall net worth of the boosters, but money that they are, collectively, willing to blow on ensuring their college team has the horses to win a natty. A core assumption I'm going to make is that, if I was giving this money, I wouldn't just donate $30 million if I can't replace it. I would want to set up some sort of investment vehicle to fund my NIL bag creating machine, so I can do this year after year.

Assuming I can get an annualized return of 4%, conservatively, that means they have $750 million worth of investments from which they don't give a **** about seeing a return. They're willing to let that money sit and do nothing but help fund their team. If you assume 7% returns, that still means they're talking about $430 million working for their school instead of their personal accounts. If they assume a higher rate of return, they could also underfund and allow gains to make up the difference, but that hasn't worked well for government pensions in the past, so we'll assume this is "fully funded", at least in effect (even if there isn't actually a Texas A&M investment account out there). Since we're talking about wealthier people with access to better investments than my Vanguard ETF, I'd assume they can confidently get 7% returns, and the $430 million number is closer to what these boosters collectively have in money set aside for the program.

So what's the point of all this? I'm talking specifically to you Mr. Ruiz! Park $500 million in a blind trust, with the sole purpose of funding NIL deals for UM. Please? I'm in for a grand if you do the rest.
Now you’re talking

You don't know how close this is to the thinking of a person at the forefront of the UM NIL movement.

Advertisement

We just need 500k canes fans to each donate $1k towards a blind trust.

Advertisement
The money not long enough this way. One of A&M’s boosters is under the age of 35.. and bagged up. That’s just one. Now imagine the old money
No doubt. I wouldn’t even think of comparing wallets with those boosters. I’m just in NSD Eve mode. Thinking micro right now. If that’s the only hurdle for it to make sense for SS camp, and 500k to a mill is the magic number, we should find a way.

Million for a lineman haha wow college football is done as we know it.

Yea kids got paid in the last but mostly just a handful. Now everyone has their handout. What a mess
It's the Wild West right now. The NCAA were asleep at the wheel and there's almost no regulation about these deals.

It'll calm down when boosters realise they're not getting anything like the ROI for their dodgy NIL deals. If you're throwing $1m at every kid in a signing class and not winning EVERYTHING, how long until you stop bankrolling it? If multiple teams in your division, let alone conference, are throwing that kind of money around there's going to be a lot of disappointed boosters.

The money not long enough this way. One of A&M’s boosters is under the age of 35.. and bagged up. That’s just one. Now imagine the old money
Agree with this. But like one poster said..kid is from Opa-Locka..even if they came somewhat close to TAMU..he is living in Miami (probably Brickell downtown after freshmen year), with upper 6 figures in his pocket, access to anything he wants including clubs, strip clubs, parties, etc, playing for the home town team, and playing with his boys. If he chose TAMU because we were 300k apart in figures.....then hey, it is what it is I guess. Reality is, if you have money and are at UM (and we are winning)..you might as well be a pro athlete in town.... ****, Melvin Bratton talks about how when they were broke at UM, they got VIP treatment all over town. Better treatment than the Dolphins players.

We will see tomorrow.

Advertisement
It's the Wild West right now. The NCAA were asleep at the wheel and there's almost no regulation about these deals.

It'll calm down when boosters realise they're not getting anything like the ROI for their dodgy NIL deals. If you're throwing $1m at every kid in a signing class and not winning EVERYTHING, how long until you stop bankrolling it? If multiple teams in your division, let alone conference, are throwing that kind of money around there's going to be a lot of disappointed boosters.
And not only everything you just said, but

nevada is on the west coast of the USA.

Why? I get that these are top recruits but we weren't even in the game with either one 7 weeks ago. Perspective please.
Mtv Multiple Personalities GIF

Advertisement
Why? I get that these are top recruits but we weren't even in the game with either one 7 weeks ago. Perspective please.
I'm not saying it *should* go up in flames, I'm saying it *will*

this your first NSD on CIS?

first time GIF

Anywhere from 500k to $1M is the word. Depending on what Miami/Ruiz is actually offering. I’ve said before I heard it was $100k from someone and $500k from someone else was his LifeWallet/MSP deal. Maybe it’s $125K per year over 4 years and the other person just said $500k. Idk.

He’ll get 7 figures from A&M
I wonder what Moe's cut will be..

“But bro Miami is a big city. There’s so much money there. These po dunk towns won’t be able to keep up.”

Boys are so caught up the in “dumb redneck” mindset. They have no idea that their are guys who wear worn out, 10 year old jeans everyday, with more money in his bank account than what Star Island is worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back