2022 Shemar Stewart goes A2M

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the difference now of why shemar SHOULD come here after being disregarded by this school for 3 and a half years is now our 8 million dollar coach is here so you should forget about the disrespect by this school previously & the relationships you've built up elsewhere is also irrelevant. You gotta come to the crib otherwise our coach is a failure? Am I reading that right?
No. You’re not reading it right. I’m pointing out that there have been more than a few insider types that have said Shamar was coming to Miami recently, and that sentiment has now changed. I then said that we have some disadvantages, such as the coordinators, that don’t seem to be taken care of. Given that we are in a trailing position going into the weekend and those disadvantages unresolved, it seems that our highly paid coach that specializes in recruiting is our best option and we specifically sought him out in the market to help us with keeping kids like this home. I do not think it’s unreasonable to expect Mario to have a chance here and it’s up to him to land Shamar. I don’t think he is a failure if he doesn’t deliver, but it is what we got him for.

Further, this premise is ridiculous on its face. To say we aren’t going to land him because we ignored him is complete horse ****. He basically lived on campus this summer. If you said we had a ****** product and our staff sucked for 3 years so AM beat us for him, I buy that. To say we ignored him is just insane. I’m old enough to remember people saying he was going to pop over the summer because he was around so much. We might have done a terrible job with selling him but I can’t agree we ignored him

Advertisement
Advertisement
Do we really not have a DC yet? I get making sure you have the right guy in place but i didn’t think it would take this long.

I'm not worried about the bags. My concern is that Shemar is really close to the TAMU commits. Class chemistry has become a bigger factor in the last decade as recruits become more connected. LeBron kind of kicked it off when he went to the Heat.

With that said, we have a great shot. Let's see how this weekend goes.
What about being close to grandma and Coach Moe?

Length of time of recruitment is the only factor besides the DC factor (which I do not believe myself is the reason but the excuse if he chooses elsewhere for Moe to save face). We just got back into this on 12/8 when Mario was hired. A month and a half is all we have had to do this work. I remain hopeful that the draw of playing for the crib and being close to grandma and Moe remains alluring. I still don’t understand for the life of me, given ATMs recruiting at DLine for the past few years, how they remain attractive for a kid like this. So much going for him if he chooses us, so many questions if he chooses ATM. I do wear green and orange glasses and expect a turnaround under Mario, but what has ATM done with Jimbo at the helm and all of their recruiting success? That leads me to believe that time of recruitment is the only factor.
Miami was recruiting him for years and he had an Oregon offer. Close the deal.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We absolutely do not have a DC....
I absolutely do not understand how you are getting negative reactions for this. No one is announced, no one is on campus recruiting, no one is in the school’s systems, and our recruits (Stewart) are clearly under no impression that one is hired. Even giving the benefit of the doubt that one is hired, if that person is locked in a janitors closet in the basement of Hecht and is not doing their job or with their name out there, then the semantics don’t really mean a whole lot. I respect what our insiders bring, but it’s clear that no one knows anything.

He’s
So the difference now of why shemar SHOULD come here after being disregarded by this school for 3 and a half years is now our 8 million dollar coach is here so you should forget about the disrespect by this school previously & the relationships you've built up elsewhere is also irrelevant. You gotta come to the crib otherwise our coach is a failure? Am I reading that right?
he’s probably going to choose A&M and hit the portal in a year or two, the man is a stud but A&M is has 8 Stewart’s in its Class, he will miss home and Mario will show him we brings in players.

Not saying you're wrong but they have zero dudes from South Florida committed to TAMU. And one dude committed from FL (lakeland). Other than a recruiting trip and maybe UA game he can't be that close to them. He's been to UM like 10 times and most of our commits were there too. Anyway, like you said, let's see what Mario's got cooking this weekend!
He's from Miami he's gotta know Fla kids better than the recruits at ATM.

Advertisement
Do we really not have a DC yet? I get making sure you have the right guy in place but i didn’t think it would take this long.
It is just technicalities at this point. some would say that just because we aren't paying them, announcing them, filling out the rest of the staff positions on the defensive side, or sending them out on the road recruiting for us in the crucial final days leading up to signing day doesn't mean it isn't a done deal. Those kinds of things.

I mean Manny barely was recruiting the man. That's what makes this so amusing on here. When moe came out and said how he barely heard from Manny. He wasn't telling y'all Manny doesn't call me to kick the bobo. The process for underclassmen so coaches can talk to kids is he has to go through the coach. The coach sets up a call and when he's on the line the kid takes over the call. At that point it's the only way for a coach to speak to a kid. Plenty of coaches from that point will establish a relationship with the parents(didn't happen in this case either)as well and talk on speaker that way it's not technically a violation. But still common practice is through a kids coach. Whether y'all wanna acknowledge it or not shemar was not a priority here at all with previous staph. The reason we here now is entirely on Mario. The guy everyone seems to already be getting like hoes over.
Do we have a fighters chance in your opinion?

this is an indictment of manny diaz:

“Their [manny diaz] effort, who they were prioritizing and going after,” Marquez said. “Shemar, being the high-caliber player he is, I didn’t feel like they [manny diaz] were putting their best foot forward with him. They were recruiting guys out of state harder or even guys of a lower caliber even in the state more than Shemar.”

“Cristobal’s first phone call I believe he made was to Shemar,” Marquez said. “That showed us where his mind was at and about who he needed to get and what was the priority. That right there kind of set it off because Manny didn’t do those things. I spoke to Manny maybe two times on the phone. We never even went into the coach’s office at Miami until Cristobal.”
Two times?! 2?! Never went into the office?! WTF?!
1643423478193.gif

He’s

he’s probably going to choose A&M and hit the portal in a year or two, the man is a stud but A&M is has 8 Stewart’s in its Class, he will miss home and Mario will show him we brings in players.
And he can go elsewhere when he hits the portal. I’m fine with kids that didn’t wanna play for Manny coming home, but Mario shouldn’t let kids shun him and then accept them back like nothing happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back