2022 Shemar Stewart goes A2M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically SS says UM and A&M are even.

Bill Murray Dalai Llama GIF
So he's going to Georgia then.

Advertisement
Texas A&M has long been viewed as the team to beat for Opa Locka (Fla.) Monsignor Pace five-star pass rusher Shemar Stewart. And while the Aggies might still hold the lead 247Sports Crystal Ball heading into Wednesday's National Signing Day, a weekend in Coral Gables has Stewart thinking long and hard about staying home and playing for the Miami Hurricanes.

"They definitely [closed the gap]," Stewart told 247Sports when reached by phone on Sunday night. "It's neck and neck."

Stewart arrived for his official visit on Friday and stayed through Sunday. One of the highlights of the 48-hour extravaganza included bumping into Shaquille O'Neal at Prime 112, which is an upscale steak house in Miami Beach.

"That boy is huge. He's definitely bigger than me," the 6-foot-6, 272-pound Stewart joked.

Stewart also enjoyed getting to hang out with UM freshman safety James Williams, who he has known for years.

"He was just saying that they are waiting on me down there. He also said the program has changed since [Mario Cristobal] got down there," Stewart said.

Speaking of Cristobal, the seasoned recruiter made sure to tell Stewart just how much he's needed in a green and orange uniform.

"He's a great guy," Stewart said of Cristobal. "His message was just that we need you and that you are the missing piece."

While Stewart liked what he heard from Cristobal, he did have one big question for the head coach, and that was in regards to who will be Miami's defensive coordinator those upcoming.

"He said that he has somebody in mind," Stewart said before nothing that he didn't want to say too much.

Stewart is planning to spend the next few days discussing things with his camp before announcing his decision Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. EST live on CBSSports HQ. He will have three hats on the table as Miami, Texas A&M and Georgia are his three finalists.

"We're just going to sit back and talk about it and then go from there," Stewart said. "[My head] is in circles ... Man, at this point it's going to come down to a gut feeling."

Texas A&M has long been viewed as the team to beat for Opa Locka (Fla.) Monsignor Pace five-star pass rusher Shemar Stewart. And while the Aggies might still hold the lead 247Sports Crystal Ball heading into Wednesday's National Signing Day, a weekend in Coral Gables has Stewart thinking long and hard about staying home and playing for the Miami Hurricanes.

"They definitely [closed the gap]," Stewart told 247Sports when reached by phone on Sunday night. "It's neck and neck."

Stewart arrived for his official visit on Friday and stayed through Sunday. One of the highlights of the 48-hour extravaganza included bumping into Shaquille O'Neal at Prime 112, which is an upscale steak house in Miami Beach.

"That boy is huge. He's definitely bigger than me," the 6-foot-6, 272-pound Stewart joked.

Stewart also enjoyed getting to hang out with UM freshman safety James Williams, who he has known for years.

"He was just saying that they are waiting on me down there. He also said the program has changed since [Mario Cristobal] got down there," Stewart said.

Speaking of Cristobal, the seasoned recruiter made sure to tell Stewart just how much he's needed in a green and orange uniform.

"He's a great guy," Stewart said of Cristobal. "His message was just that we need you and that you are the missing piece."

While Stewart liked what he heard from Cristobal, he did have one big question for the head coach, and that was in regards to who will be Miami's defensive coordinator those upcoming.

"He said that he has somebody in mind," Stewart said before nothing that he didn't want to say too much.

Stewart is planning to spend the next few days discussing things with his camp before announcing his decision Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. EST live on CBSSports HQ. He will have three hats on the table as Miami, Texas A&M and Georgia are his three finalists.

"We're just going to sit back and talk about it and then go from there," Stewart said. "[My head] is in circles ... Man, at this point it's going to come down to a gut feeling."
"Orange and Green"

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
"While Stewart liked what he heard from Cristobal, he did have one big question for the head coach, and that was in regards to who will be Miami's defensive coordinator those upcoming.

"He said that he has somebody in mind," Stewart said before nothing that he didn't want to say too much."

giphy.gif

After 24 years of following recruiting, I can’t currently remember a success story from this type of recruiting process. Anyone want to refresh my memory? I’m sure I’m forgetting some cases.

Success for us? Or a kid having success on the college level period?

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back