Sheldrick Redwine vs. Duke

View as article
Advertisement
Sheldrick Redwine looked real good out there against Duke. I always saw potential even at cb but he looks like a potential NFL prospect at safety if he keeps developing.

Advertisement
7 yards off the ball guarding the slot wr on quick outs and slants. Tough task but he did it really well.
Unfortunately thats something I would't be too confident in against FSU, because FSU's WRs will be more athletic.

He got abused on the 2 minute drill giving up 1st downs to the slot. They better clean up that scheme or have him play press.

Advertisement
His tackling was excellent. His coverage of that little slot receiver was poor. That dude caught a bunch of balls on him.

I'll take the Redwine from Duke all year. That is probably his ceiling if we're being honest with ourselves. If he could cover any better he'd still be a corner.

Good game by him and it appears he is playing with an edge and with urgency. I like that.

7 yards off the ball guarding the slot wr on quick outs and slants. Tough task but he did it really well.
Unfortunately thats something I would't be too confident in against FSU, because FSU's WRs will be more athletic.

FSU has like 2 good WR's...one of them is playing through an injury

The tackle on the play at 1:13 is HUGE for me. I have nightmares of Doritos D giving up 10+ yards on those plays cause one of our guys is blocked and the other can't decide which way to go and misses the tackle.

Advertisement
Unfortunately that's something I wouldn't be too confident in against FSU, because FSU's WRs will be more athletic.

Looks like he is being told to play the slot that way. He is a safety covering the slot so there is no safety help for him or the cornerback on his side. Seems like Diaz wanted Duke to throw those little 2-5 yards slants and outs and they everyone come up and tackle...and considering they only scored two field goals, I would say it was a good game plan. And yes I agree, against FSU I hope they bring in a third corner more often.

Advertisement
His tackling was excellent. His coverage of that little slot receiver was poor. That dude caught a bunch of balls on him.

I don't see how any defender in the world could stop that little dude when you're line up 7 yards away and he's running 3 yard out routes.

Advertisement
Back