Sheldrick Redwine 247 Update

Golden Era

i mean Richt Era
http://miami.247sports.com/Article/Local-CB-Sheldrick-Redwine-Would-Be-Interested-in-Miami-33102972

- “It’s been a great year, schools are coming more,” Redwine said. “This senior season has been fun. All of the games I’ve just been having fun, playing, and leaving it out there for my team, whatever I can do to help the team, that’s what I’m going to do.”

- Talking about how he plays; “I’m a big cornerback, I’m physical, I high-point all of the balls,” Redwine said. “I’m not just a cornerback who can cover, I make tackles, and I make plays all over the field—offense, special teams, defense. If I’m on the field, I’m going to try to make a play. It don’t matter where they play me—I play d-line in practice sometimes and I still try to make plays. Whatever I can do to for the team to make it better.”

- Leader is Louisville

- Likes Texas

- Visited and enjoyed Minnesota

- On Miami “They talk to me here and there, but they haven’t really been on me,” Redwine said. “Jaquan tries to talk to the coaches about me, but it’s up to the coaching staff whether they want me or not.” if they offered, “Yes, I would take them in consideration.”

- Grew up an FSU fan, spoke to them once and never again.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think Al is loyal to the recruiting board. I think this comes from deciding who is a priority and who is not. I think we are slow-playing him. But some of you would complain about stars and say he is garbage if he commits on the spot. I say hey, things will happen down the line. If there is a spot closer to the end after the season, theyll offer and he will have a choice.

Not a offer junky but is it a coincidence that the instate powers (FLA, FSU, UM) aren't recruiting this dude more? I think it says more that we're not the only one crootin the young man than the fact that we don't

I think the kid can play, BUT...

From what I'm starting to realize, these big Division 1 schools really pay close attention to fast twitch athletes with explosion. I had the chance to sit in with a coach and he showed me film of what they considered a plan A prospect, as compared to a plan B. You can see the difference in explosiveness.

Redwine looks like a good, physical corner, but nothing seems to explode off the film. He's making a ton of plays, but nothing that's just wow! He'll still go to a good school, but if you look at his film as compared to some other uncommitted defensive backs, you'll see the difference as well.

Very good prospect though.

We need playmakers at corner. I think we already have a project corner in Jackson. The next corner or 2 needs to be Marcus Lewis and Carlton Davis. Special athletes.

Advertisement
I think he's a difficult guy to evaluate, too. On one hand, dude seems like a freaking ball magnet. He inexplicably seems to never get blocked on place kicks, the ball gets thrown to him all the time, he's always just magically in the right place, etc. He looks tough, too.... bullying kids around. He high points the ball and seems to have tremendous ball skills. But poster above made a good point, there aren't any clips where he looks explosive. It's so difficult to know how a kid's game will translate if they don't appear to be really explosive. I'd have to see him live before I felt comfortable taking a hard stance on whether we're missing the boat here or not. It's just as likely to me that he came here and never saw the field as it is that he goes somewhere else and is an all conference type. Tough decision.

I think he's a difficult guy to evaluate, too. On one hand, dude seems like a freaking ball magnet. He inexplicably seems to never get blocked on place kicks, the ball gets thrown to him all the time, he's always just magically in the right place, etc. He looks tough, too.... bullying kids around. He high points the ball and seems to have tremendous ball skills. But poster above made a good point, there aren't any clips where he looks explosive. It's so difficult to know how a kid's game will translate if they don't appear to be really explosive. I'd have to see him live before I felt comfortable taking a hard stance on whether we're missing the boat here or not. It's just as likely to me that he came here and never saw the field as it is that he goes somewhere else and is an all conference type. Tough decision.

Boom to this. Couldnt have said it better myself. Nothing more really needs to said about this kid. At this point, seems like he is a Plan B- option. Now Rashard Fenton is a kid I really want to end up in this class. Seems like a better overall athlete.

barrow told sheldricks dad he would take him in a heartbeat but said theres too much politics

What politics can there against taking a south Florida kid that physically fits our scheme and is a balle? Please elaborate furthe on your statement.

2015 DB Sheldrick Redwine Sr Year Highlights
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3210492/highlights/175100375

Go Canes
im good friends with sheldricks dad .
Sheldrick went to a canes camp a while back and barrow loved the idea of taking a big local corner ....maybe barrow wanted to redshirt him and try him at ilb but the staff I guess felt otherwise

Advertisement
Ding, ding we have a winner...

Not a offer junky but is it a coincidence that the instate powers (FLA, FSU, UM) aren't recruiting this dude more? I think it says more that we're not the only one crootin the young man than the fact that we don't

FSU anf UF arent exactly in the hidden gem business they pick from the top of the db tree ..

As I mentioned in another thread on him. He would jump on a commitment right away to Miami if they want him. Probably ends up at Texas or somewhere out of the state.

Advertisement
As I mentioned in another thread on him. He would jump on a commitment right away to Miami if they want him. Probably ends up at Texas or somewhere out of the state.

He will do well under Charlie Strong, I'll guarantee that. Not sure how good he'd be for us though.

Advertisement
Back