Off-Topic Shawn Ryan Show - The Energy War - Alex Epstein

Advertisement
Didn't realize how many people DONT die from climate change since the proliferation of fossil fuels. In fact the industrial age has seen it reduced the risk by 98%.

I think we can call off the code-red people.

1654643680602.png

How much solar is powering your house? I have some and can attest its neither cheap nor is its production environmentally friendly. I also have battery powered garden tools. But I wont be giving up my ICE cars or my utilities service any time soon.

Just where do you think your batteries come from, where do solar powers come from? Domestically? Lol.

Keep dreaming that there is a green solution anywhere on the horizon...
Only my pool uses Solar. Tell your Brethren and elected friends to stop accepting money from foreigners to build and buy their products. Like I said a thousand times it's your own people causing your pains. Instead of directing your anger at them, the Black guy easier to blame.

Advertisement
You are the Biggest one sider Flounder I ever spoke to! Wind power and solar are not detrimental in any meaningful way. Battery power does have some chemical and disposal harms/issues. So does Nuclear. I like a combination of non-fossil alternatives because they are more environmentally friendly and lower consumer costs in the long run. Don't like DeSantanis, but agreed with his recent solar legislation (that'll shut Shurthing up on solar). I also like Nuclear because it can safely generate environmentally friendly power, but does have serious waste disposal issues. We know Petroleum has become too problematic and Expensive, comes with foreign controls, supply and price dictated by speculation and special interest, oil spills etc. Green is not a Religion, but man seeking alternatives like has been done successfully over the generations. I use battery powered lawn equipment. So happy not to buy gas, oil and maintenance anymore. Yes- its quite amazing to watch it unfold ;)
China is invading the US with its windmills and we handed it to them. A couple of years ago I watched a documentary about a windmill company in the Northeastern US that was doing business in China partnering with a company to sell their windmills there. The parter company paid off a US employee to give them the software that runs the windmills. Once they got their hands on the software, they started producing their own windmills and selling them at a lower price. To add insult to injury, the state government where US windmills were being made purchased the Chinese windmills killing their local company and it's employee's jobs.

Our US companies are just so **** dumb. They build their plants in China for the cheap labor. In the process, they hand them the blueprints to their products and manufacturing processes.

The only Chinese laws (without special government permission) are for art because they have art that is thousands of years old. There are malls in China thst have nothing but fake counterfeit products from fake Nike shoes and clothing, sun glasses, watches, hand bags, and even golf clubs from all the popular manufacturers.

Windmills are a viable energy option. We need our governments to stop undercutting our US manufacturers by buying Chinese windmills. It's literally a matter of national security.

Our government needs to protect alternative energy manufacturers such as GE windmills and Telsla solar.

The Florida solar legislation passed and then vetoed is BS. People are being lazy buying into the political lies about solar in Florida. The politiitans that passed the anti solar legislation claimed that solar is subsidized by FPL customers when excess solar is sold back on the grid.

Completely false. FPL pays a wholesale price for excess solar electricity and then gets to charge a retail price to it's customers haven done nothing. If the legislation were signed into law, it would have given FPL the excess electricity for free. The State of Florida doesn't subsidize or provide any encentives to its residents other than being paid wholesale for excess electricity put onto the grid from passive solar residents. A state that is known for its sunshine doesn't do anything to promote the use of it as an energy source.

Solar residents help FPL reduce demand. With more people turning to electric cars, alternative energy is a necessity to fill future increased electric energy needs.

Florida has an ample supply of sunshine and wind. What we don't have is the political will to make Florida the pinnacle state using these resources as energy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Only my pool uses Solar. Tell your Brethren and elected friends to stop accepting money from foreigners to build and buy their products. Like I said a thousand times it's your own people causing your pains. Instead of directing your anger at them, the Black guy easier to blame.
Lol. Just stop... You don't have a pool. And Solyndra says hi...

I skipped this one for now and coming back to it as I am watching the Rob O’Neil interview (3 hours long - Seal who killed Bin Laden) so I don’t have any insight into this one yet.
Just watched the Rob O'Neil interview! Ho Lee ****!

So a few chapters into Epstein's book, and I'm convinced the green agenda is about depopulation...hear me out.
Solar/wind has been around for decades, and it's still a joke. Accounting for 3% of the energy use. Fossil fuels supply 80%. Hydro and nuclear make up the rest. Not only is there a war on fossil fuels, but hydro and nuclear as well - with no viable alternative in place who can support such an idiotic agenda?

The worlds food supply is entirely dependent on natural gas a fossil fuels to make fertilizer, and grow/harvest/process/transport foods/livestock.

There are no alternatives in place, I believe the current trend of making energy scarce and expensive is the first domino to fall...

Shawn is a real one lol.. Spent time working around and living at the same spot years back. Love watching Shawn 's show as I get to see some great people who I have not seen in a while.

As well as Evan Hafer (Black Rifle Coffee) I remember when it was forced fed over Starbucks/Dunkin Donuts in the ground stages.

Last edited:
Advertisement
"I want to stress this, China owns the entire supply chain of solar, wind & batteries. And China can stop it at any time" - Alex Epstein
The depth which I can go into this whole supply chain risk management, supply chain risks and, supply mitigation would scare the **** out of people so I will keep quiet on the subject..

The depth which I can go into this whole supply chain risk management, supply chain risks and, supply mitigation would scare the **** out of people so I will keep quiet on the subject..
The company I work for builds industrial vehicles, we've had a banner year or two, record unit sales. Only problem - lead time is 18mos due to supply chain issues. I'd love to hear some insight if you felt like providing any.

Advertisement
China is invading the US with its windmills and we handed it to them. A couple of years ago I watched a documentary about a windmill company in the Northeastern US that was doing business in China partnering with a company to sell their windmills there. The parter company paid off a US employee to give them the software that runs the windmills. Once they got their hands on the software, they started producing their own windmills and selling them at a lower price. To add insult to injury, the state government where US windmills were being made purchased the Chinese windmills killing their local company and it's employee's jobs.

Our US companies are just so **** dumb. They build their plants in China for the cheap labor. In the process, they hand them the blueprints to their products and manufacturing processes.

The only Chinese laws (without special government permission) are for art because they have art that is thousands of years old. There are malls in China thst have nothing but fake counterfeit products from fake Nike shoes and clothing, sun glasses, watches, hand bags, and even golf clubs from all the popular manufacturers.

Windmills are a viable energy option. We need our governments to stop undercutting our US manufacturers by buying Chinese windmills. It's literally a matter of national security.

Our government needs to protect alternative energy manufacturers such as GE windmills and Telsla solar.

The Florida solar legislation passed and then vetoed is BS. People are being lazy buying into the political lies about solar in Florida. The politiitans that passed the anti solar legislation claimed that solar is subsidized by FPL customers when excess solar is sold back on the grid.

Completely false. FPL pays a wholesale price for excess solar electricity and then gets to charge a retail price to it's customers haven done nothing. If the legislation were signed into law, it would have given FPL the excess electricity for free. The State of Florida doesn't subsidize or provide any encentives to its residents other than being paid wholesale for excess electricity put onto the grid from passive solar residents. A state that is known for its sunshine doesn't do anything to promote the use of it as an energy source.

Solar residents help FPL reduce demand. With more people turning to electric cars, alternative energy is a necessity to fill future increased electric energy needs.

Florida has an ample supply of sunshine and wind. What we don't have is the political will to make Florida the pinnacle state using these resources as energy.

No BS. Who are the peoples in the US that do all the above? Like being an alcoholic, you must first recognize and State who is causing your pains. Step 2. Stop race based policies. Step 3. Start doing right by the American economy, manufacturing and education.

The company I work for builds industrial vehicles, we've had a banner year or two, record unit sales. Only problem - lead time is 18mos due to supply chain issues. I'd love to hear some insight if you felt like providing any.
I can do it later today after I get home. The supply chain is now watched at the C-Suite level. Why? Because the supply chain could destroy a company's profits. That is the reason the pay for Supply SME has skyrocketed. It is no longer looked at as if anyone can do that and it is not that important to a company. Every company needs to be able to do the three main things of SCRM plan, which are to identify, assess and mitigate potential problems/shortcomings. They also need to be able to map out their supply chain via supply chain mapping. The goal should be to become supply chain resilient. There will always be supply chain issues, but if your supply chain program is resilient, it should be back up in running in no time.

Google why Amazon is successful, it is not because they were using USPS (as often said). They were one of the first companies to institute supply chain resiliency, which they did yearly. Initially, they only used UPS. During an end of year supply resilience review, they realized that they had a single point of failure with UPS (who were trying to raise the prices at the time, ironically) as the only game in town for them. They expanded to other companies to help deliver their goods. This helps lead to one of/if not the greatest supply chain operations the world has ever seen during COVID. It was all made possible years early when they identified the importance of supply chain resiliency.

Why is supply chain mapping so important?

A company can map out their Tier1-4 suppliers, which allows them to monitor and predict natural disasters, accidents, sabotage, political/policy changes and ethical issues. Which also shows the suppliers location, airports/ports/shipping lanes/truck routes/railing systems. If you have all of this information, you are allowed to reroute or order from an alternative supplier (hopefully, the company is ensuring that suppliers are not in the same location).

I will give you an example...When there were small rumblings about COVID, I immediately researched it and got way ahead of the problem (I am sure the company's President was tired of b****ing lol). I knew that a lot of our supplies came from the country where COVID originated. Utilizing supply chain mapping, they immediately identified the possible disruption to the SC, assessed the ramifications and mitigated the disruption by quickly requisitioning large amounts of supplies and paying premium shipping costs for faster delivery. It was very risky to do at the time, but I believed in the data from the supply chain mapping. We never ran out of anything when the rest of the world was short on these things.

Sorry but I could go on all day about this stuff lol...

I can do it later today after I get home. The supply chain is now watched at the C-Suite level. Why? Because the supply chain could destroy a company's profits. That is the reason the pay for Supply SME has skyrocketed. It is no longer looked at as if anyone can do that and it is not that important to a company. Every company needs to be able to do the three main things of SCRM plan, which are to identify, assess and mitigate potential problems/shortcomings. They also need to be able to map out their supply chain via supply chain mapping. The goal should be to become supply chain resilient. There will always be supply chain issues, but if your supply chain program is resilient, it should be back up in running in no time.

Google why Amazon is successful, it is not because they were using USPS (as often said). They were one of the first companies to institute supply chain resiliency, which they did yearly. Initially, they only used UPS. During an end of year supply resilience review, they realized that they had a single point of failure with UPS (who were trying to raise the prices at the time, ironically) as the only game in town for them. They expanded to other companies to help deliver their goods. This helps lead to one of/if not the greatest supply chain operations the world has ever seen during COVID. It was all made possible years early when they identified the importance of supply chain resiliency.

Why is supply chain mapping so important?

A company can map out their Tier1-4 suppliers, which allows them to monitor and predict natural disasters, accidents, sabotage, political/policy changes and ethical issues. Which also shows the suppliers location, airports/ports/shipping lanes/truck routes/railing systems. If you have all of this information, you are allowed to reroute or order from an alternative supplier (hopefully, the company is ensuring that suppliers are not in the same location).

I will give you an example...When there were small rumblings about COVID, I immediately researched it and got way ahead of the problem (I am sure the company's President was tired of b****ing lol). I knew that a lot of our supplies came from the country where COVID originated. Utilizing supply chain mapping, they immediately identified the possible disruption to the SC, assessed the ramifications and mitigated the disruption by quickly requisitioning large amounts of supplies and paying premium shipping costs for faster delivery. It was very risky to do at the time, but I believed in the data from the supply chain mapping. We never ran out of anything when the rest of the world was short on these things.

Sorry but I could go on all day about this stuff lol...
Thank you for the insight! Good stuff.

Advertisement
Back