Off-Topic Shawn Ryan Show - The Energy War - Alex Epstein

RangerGranger

Gnome Sayin'?

There is cheap energy vs green energy. This guy squares it from a moderate perspective.

Alex Epstein more or less breaks down Green Energy for 2 hours and he gives an interesting perspective of why Green Energy is anti-human. His book is titled "Fossil Future", but he actually advocates for nuclear energy due to it's ability to scale.

Pretty interesting to say the least & highly recommended.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
For the record, Alex Epstein will not have committed suicide in the near future.

Just saying.
Bill Gates Smile GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

Advertisement

There is cheap energy vs green energy. This guy squares it from a moderate perspective.

Alex Epstein more or less breaks down Green Energy for 2 hours and he gives an interesting perspective of why Green Energy is anti-human. His book is titled "Fossil Future", but he actually advocates for nuclear energy due to it's ability to scale.

Pretty interesting to say the least & highly recommended.

I’ve been watching Shawn’s interviews for
years. He does a great job.

"Green" is a religion; a detrimental one at that - its quite amazing to watch unfold.

Good listen btw.
You are the Biggest one sider Flounder I ever spoke to! Wind power and solar are not detrimental in any meaningful way. Battery power does have some chemical and disposal harms/issues. So does Nuclear. I like a combination of non-fossil alternatives because they are more environmentally friendly and lower consumer costs in the long run. Don't like DeSantanis, but agreed with his recent solar legislation (that'll shut Shurthing up on solar). I also like Nuclear because it can safely generate environmentally friendly power, but does have serious waste disposal issues. We know Petroleum has become too problematic and Expensive, comes with foreign controls, supply and price dictated by speculation and special interest, oil spills etc. Green is not a Religion, but man seeking alternatives like has been done successfully over the generations. I use battery powered lawn equipment. So happy not to buy gas, oil and maintenance anymore. Yes- its quite amazing to watch it unfold ;)

You are the Biggest one sider Flounder I ever spoke to! Wind power and solar are not detrimental in any meaningful way. Battery power does have some chemical and disposal harms/issues. So does Nuclear. I like a combination of non-fossil alternatives because they are more environmentally friendly and lower consumer costs in the long run. Don't like DeSantanis, but agreed with his recent solar legislation (that'll shut Shurthing up on solar). I also like Nuclear because it can safely generate environmentally friendly power, but does have serious waste disposal issues. We know Petroleum has become too problematic and Expensive, comes with foreign controls, supply and price dictated by speculation and special interest, oil spills etc. Green is not a Religion, but man seeking alternatives like has been done successfully over the generations. I use battery powered lawn equipment. So happy not to buy gas, oil and maintenance anymore. Yes- its quite amazing to watch it unfold ;)
Tell me you didn't watch the interview in the OP without telling me you didn't watch the interview. If you're that lazy maybe you should leave the conversation.

"Oil has become too expensive" LOLOLOL....

Advertisement
Shouldn't you be off the grid writing your manifesto on an old swing arm typewriter. No, I didn't listen because I have read for years, listened to various experts and know from first hand experience all about the Petroleum Industry Mongols.

Shouldn't you be off the grid writing your manifesto on an old swing arm typewriter. No, I didn't listen because I have read for years, listened to various experts and know from first hand experience all about the Petroleum Industry Mongols.
How much solar is powering your house? I have some and can attest its neither cheap nor is its production environmentally friendly. I also have battery powered garden tools. But I wont be giving up my ICE cars or my utilities service any time soon.

Just where do you think your batteries come from, where do solar powers come from? Domestically? Lol.

Keep dreaming that there is a green solution anywhere on the horizon...

What’s your first hand experience?

Advertisement
I skipped this one for now and coming back to it as I am watching the Rob O’Neil interview (3 hours long - Seal who killed Bin Laden) so I don’t have any insight into this one yet.

thx4theanalysis

Advertisement
Back