Shawn Davis

I think the staff should just drop a consensus 4 star WR based off the opinions of some message board posters.

Here u guys go again defending the staff blindly when dudes 40 isnt good. We have a right to question it period theres no 4.99 wrs in the nfl
hey didn't the best receiver of all time run a 4.7?

That's still not a 4.99. And let's not start comparing R. Scott to Jerry ****ing Rice.
How the **** did you get me comparing R. Scott to Jerry Rice?? Where did you read that??

When you break out the didn't the best WR of all-time run a 4.7. I'm not calling for Scott's offer to be pulled but it raises a lot of red flags.

Advertisement
Here u guys go again defending the staff blindly when dudes 40 isnt good. We have a right to question it period theres no 4.99 wrs in the nfl

That's still not a 4.99. And let's not start comparing R. Scott to Jerry ****ing Rice.
How the **** did you get me comparing R. Scott to Jerry Rice?? Where did you read that??

When you break out the didn't the best WR of all-time run a 4.7. I'm not calling for Scott's offer to be pulled but it raises a lot of red flags.

Yea no it's called proving a point, not a comparison

I think it's a pretty bad way to make a point.

People on here do realize Rodney Scott runs Track, right?

He's not a burner, obviously, but he has run a 15.6 110m hurdles this year. It is literally impossible to run a 4.99 40 and have a verified track time like that.

Before people freak out over 1 40 from 1 event, maybe just consider that he had (1) he had a bad run, (2), it's a typo, or (3) there was a clock issue.

Any one of those makes 99% more sense than a 4-star WR running a 5 second 40. But hey, people love to hate on kids when they can here

People aren't freaking out only about 1 40.

Slow on tape + 166 lbs+ 5.0 40=people freaking out

I don't know many slow possession type WR that weigh 166 lbs, that alone would have me concerned.
People are freaking out? You are freaking out! Speak for yourself and get over the 40 time.
We get commitments from big time recruits and people find ways to critize. Ridiculous

Uh.... have you read the board? I think there is more than just me talking about his lack of size and/or speed. And I would be careful with labeling him a big time recruit, its early in the process.

Folks, recruits read these boards. There is a guy in charge of our football program, his name is Mark Richt. He has been doing these evaluations for over 30 years and has been very successful. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. These type of comments turn recruits off to our fan base. As you know recruiting is a very competitive business and just about anything can change a kids mind. Let's help our program celebrating the recruits that commit. This kid has offers from big time programs including Alabama ang Florida. Nick Saban is not going to offer someone that is a scrub. Come on guys!

Advertisement
Folks, recruits read these boards. There is a guy in charge of our football program, his name is Mark Richt. He has been doing these evaluations for over 30 years and has been very successful. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. These type of comments turn recruits off to our fan base. As you know recruiting is a very competitive business and just about anything can change a kids mind. Let's help our program celebrating the recruits that commit. This kid has offers from big time programs including Alabama ang Florida. Nick Saban is not going to offer someone that is a scrub. Come on guys!

So on a message board we are supposed to refrain from making comments about recruits?

Again, I'm not calling for his offer to be pulled but that 40 time is very concerning.

So on a message board we are supposed to refrain from making comments about recruits?

Again, I'm not calling for his offer to be pulled but that 40 time is very concerning.

Well, maybe half of the entire prospect board from that event should be alarming???. To make things a bit clearer, I advise you to look at the scratch list at the bottom half of the event before passing your final judgement.

Last edited:

The o ly thing that makes sense is it has to be a political offer. Maybe a teamate or to keep a coach happy it doesnt make sense at all imo

Advertisement

You're a good poster but you're embarrassing yourself here.

He can't commit to Bama or FL for that matter. These kids lie all the time about offers. Even if he was to commit to one of the schools mentioned, he's the type of kid that gets pushed out close to signing day to make room for another kid they want more. Either that or asked to grey shirt. A 166 pound wr is not a possession receiver in big boy college football. Guys that weight, at this level, can flat out fly...see Travis Benjamin. And there are guys at all these programs that get a full ride and never see the field other than scout or special teams. Even the best of the best miss on evals.....NFL draft......Millions spent on the whole eval process, and guys drafted in the first round bust.

Last edited:

He can't commit to Bama or FL for that matter. These kids lie all the time about offers. Even if he was to commit to one of the schools mentioned, he's the type of kid that gets pushed out close to signing day to make room for another kid they want more. Either that or asked to grey shirt. An 166 pound wr is not a possession receiver in big boy college football. Guys that weight, at this level, can flat out fly...see Travis Benjamin. And there are guys at all these programs that get a full ride and never see the field other than scout or special teams. Even the best of the best miss on evals.....NFL draft......Millions spent on the whole eval process, and guys drafted in the first round bust.

You sure seem to know alot is he officially done growing or adding weight? Lol Seriously, I remember going to these combines the only thing to take seriously ( like Geo already stated ) are the drills and one on ones. Some kids train to rock the 40 other fall victim to a high start or just dont have it naturally. Too many fans don't understand HS combines are not run by NFL professionals. Even at the NFL combine a laser malfunctioned when Burns ran his 40 it was like a 4.8 or 4.9 until they realized it. They used the hand time as his official 4.46.

Some guys in this forum are leaving millions of dollars on the table by having a 9-5 job instead of being college coaches. They obviously know more than the Mark Richts and Nick Sabans of the world.

Advertisement

He can't commit to Bama or FL for that matter. These kids lie all the time about offers. Even if he was to commit to one of the schools mentioned, he's the type of kid that gets pushed out close to signing day to make room for another kid they want more. Either that or asked to grey shirt. An 166 pound wr is not a possession receiver in big boy college football. Guys that weight, at this level, can flat out fly...see Travis Benjamin. And there are guys at all these programs that get a full ride and never see the field other than scout or special teams. Even the best of the best miss on evals.....NFL draft......Millions spent on the whole eval process, and guys drafted in the first round bust.

You sure seem to know alot is he officially done growing or adding weight? Lol Seriously, I remember going to these combines the only thing to take seriously ( like Geo already stated ) are the drills and one on ones. Some kids train to rock the 40 other fall victim to a high start or just dont have it naturally. Too many fans don't understand HS combines are not run by NFL professionals. Even at the NFL combine a laser malfunctioned when Burns ran his 40 it was like a 4.8 or 4.9 until they realized it. They used the hand time as his official 4.46.

I know that he has a small frame and he isn't adding that much weight without losing speed. I never said that these combines are the gospel. He didn't look fast in the highlights. Did the laser malfunction on my eyesight? He can probably run faster but his frame is small. Guys that size can eat a house and lift cars and not gain weight, its genetics.

I guess people think a recruit is suppose to run a 4.4 out of the womb...lol......some kids are naturally gifted to be very fast... thats why there is a strength and conditioning program in CFB...to help kids improve in those areas. ... plus nobody expects Scott to come in ans start..redshirt him so he can develop and get that speed up

Some guys in this forum are leaving millions of dollars on the table by having a 9-5 job instead of being college coaches. They obviously know more than the Mark Richts and Nick Sabans of the world.

No one is saying they know more than these guys. But they aren't batting 1000 on their evals, no coach is. And I'm no millionaire but I do just fine. Don't work a 9-5, I own a few companies.

Advertisement

No one is saying they know more than these guys. But they aren't batting 1000 on their evals, no coach is. And I'm no millionaire but I do just fine. Don't work a 9-5, I own a few companies.

Good for you. Maybe you can also be a consultant to these coaches and tell them what they are missing in their evaluations.

I know that he has a small frame and he isn't adding that much weight without losing speed. I never said that these combines are the gospel. He didn't look fast in the highlights. Did the laser malfunction on my eyesight? He can probably run faster but his frame is small. Guys that size can eat a house and lift cars and not gain weight, its genetics.

Does the name Shaq Washington ring a bell? Heard the same thing about him only this kid was 5'7 147 in hs. Scott will prolly be 170ish by the end of the year which isn't bad for a RS candidate. Also, weight isn't as important as strength and body control. Imo

Good for you. Maybe you can also be a consultant to these coaches and tell them what they are missing in their evaluations.

sorry its not an exact science. That's y they miss on evals.

Advertisement
Back