Shawn Curtis 6'3-245 4.6

CaneSwag8

Canes fan
Larry Blustein brought this kid up the other day and couldn't stop talking about him. His tape really impressed me. Great size and speed for a LB. He's from Ronald Reagan high school in Miami. He played DE and OLB, but was just moved to MLB last game and is really good. I hope this kid somehow gets an offer from Miami. He has some smaller D1 offers and UCF and Miss St. are starting to come after him.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2525508/shawn-leeroy-curtis

Advertisement
Obviously need to look at full game tapes but I would offer him. His tape POPS out at you.

Adrienne Talan and Shawn Curtis are two kids that I would want on my team.

Advertisement
Need backers....We already have missed on a couple of targets this year. Gotta make up for the losses of Figs and Blue.

He's a big kid almost 250 gonna have to stay on top of his weight.
Not sure about his hips he looks kinda stiff. I'd still offer and figure out the rest later.

A little stiff but I would definitely take. Maybe ends up at DE if he outgrows LB.

And as mentioned above. Talan is a beast, just makes play after play after play.

Advertisement
Staff needs to ******* start over with their recruiting board and get realistic.

Close on the following guys to join Mcintosh, Patchan, Jaquan and Gaines on defense:

Shelton Johnson
Curtis (new man crush...this dude hunts)
Carlton Davis
Davante Davis
Talan
Redwine
Hoggins
Fenton
Khalid McGee

Need to get Julius and Calloway on offense too but that side of this class is at least in better shape.

Maybe if we bring in the dudes above it might actually open us up to close with SBB or Irvin but I doubt it, so we might as well get realistic and add some kids that can play.

Last edited:
Obviously need to look at full game tapes but I would offer him. His tape POPS out at you.

Adrienne Talan and Shawn Curtis are two kids that I would want on my team.

Reading the older thread about Talan I would agree he is physical safety but how are his cover skills and ball skills, since INT's change te complexion of a game more than a big hit.

http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/74097-Adrienne-Talan-SS-OLB-6-1-quot-195lbs-4-4

Go Canes.

Talan is so talented that he could legitimately be a D-1 prospect at Corner, Safety or Linebacker. He's unlike any other defensive player down here.

Advertisement
I'd offer this kid. He's a more explosive version of Michael Deeb. He'll outgrow LB and turn into an explosive DE.

I'd offer this kid. He's a more explosive version of Michael Deeb. He'll outgrow LB and turn into an explosive DE.

Wow you went to Micheal Deeb, I really liked his game but UM played recruiting games with him, so he went to ND. I don't Know about Curtis's cover skills but when he plays down hill he arrives with bad intentions he needs to work on his tackling technique cause he comes in to high. He reminds me of Daryl Sharpton, who was always looking for the knockout shot when tackling an as a result missed quite a few sure tackles because he went high and didn't wrap.

I really wish there was tape of this Curtis in coverage , because as of now curtis look like a 1 trick pony, which would be a shame given that 1 trick he has shown is very good.

Go Canes

Smaller offers UCF and Miss St? Both schools would beat the crap out of UM...

Larry Blustein brought this kid up the other day and couldn't stop talking about him. His tape really impressed me. Great size and speed for a LB. He's from Ronald Reagan high school in Miami. He played DE and OLB, but was just moved to MLB last game and is really good. I hope this kid somehow gets an offer from Miami. He has some smaller D1 offers and UCF and Miss St. are starting to come after him.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2525508/shawn-leeroy-curtis

Advertisement
Ronald Reagan HS? Jeez, these HSs are popping up all over the place. New school?

Recruit that Butch Davis kid then let him recruit defensive players. Seriously this kid looks powerful. Butch sent a few 250' LB's to NFL from N. Carolina.

I like the film...I am concerned that the Linebackers that come in almost have be ready to play right away...

our DT's and LB depth is not as strong as I would think it should be after 4 years of recruiting maybe even after 3

Advertisement
Back