Shavar Manuel Update

University of Miami coaches Mark D’Onofrio and Randy Melvin visited IMG Academy’s practice on Wednesday afternoon
One of the prospects D’Onofrio and Melvin wanted to show their face to was five-star defensive lineman Shavar Manuel.

-Says “It means a lot to me to see them here and to know that they want to come see me,” “I appreciate all the coaches that come see me.”

-Building a relationship with Melvin, who was hired in February.

-Says “Coach Melvin is new to the staff, so we are getting to know each other,” Manuel said. “Me and coach Jethro were kind of tight. Coach Melvin stepped in and the first day he had the job he contacted me.”

-Early impressions of coach Melvin.

-Says “Coach Melvin is a great dude,” “He is a good leader and a great role model. He emails me every day to see how I am doing. He wants to talk to me every day. He is one of those coaches that is good annoying. He is going to stay on top of me because he sees the potential in me.”

-UM Vs FSU last year

-Says “That day the defense played hard,” Manuel said. “They were coached hard and came up just short. I had a great time while I was down there.”

-State of the Miami program.

-Says “I think they are going in a good direction now,” “I think they are going to be one of the top teams in the ACC. They are going to be close to Florida State. They are a powerhouse team and they will get back.”

-Grew up a fan of the Hurricanes, but he also says those childhood feelings won’t enter into his college decision.

-Says “They always had all the talent and they were fun to watch,” “I had some family that was big Miami fans, and there was just something about them that I liked. I like how they play football. I will always like Miami, but now I have to try and make the best business decision for me.”

-Currently recovering from a knee scope to clean up a torn meniscus injury. He was cleared to start running on Tuesday and he hopes to be able to fully participate in football activities on June 2nd.

-Plans to visit schools like Louisville, LSU, Clemson, and Georgia this summer. He does not have a time table on when he would like to make a decision.

-Says “I will just take my time. I don’t have a specific date on the calendar. It can happen any time and any day.”

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/...Relationship-With-Coach-Randy-Melvin-37269103

Advertisement
Not getting my hopes up. I've heard " grew up a canes fan" too many times to be let down.

From a conversation at a house party/BBQ last year, lets say with people close to him, I can tell you there is much love for Miami, but no confidence in Golden and especially with Donut. Still a chance because they big Canes fans and would "prefer spending weekends in Miami than sitting in a hotel room in Tally" (notice the quotes). These kids know being a NFL $$ Millionaire in 3-4 years is a real possibility and that's why he's at IMG. They want coaches they believe can show on the field results, play in big national matchups and win, play for conference titles and "win" and be a BCS contender. Sadly all things Al is not.

Advertisement
Needs to realize we probably have a tremendous upgrade at Head Coach and Def Coord after next year...

Advertisement
From a conversation at a house party/BBQ last year, lets say with people close to him, I can tell you there is much love for Miami, but no confidence in Golden and especially with Donut. Still a chance because they big Canes fans and would "prefer spending weekends in Miami than sitting in a hotel room in Tally" (notice the quotes). These kids know being a NFL $$ Millionaire in 3-4 years is a real possibility and that's why he's at IMG. They want coaches they believe can show on the field results, play in big national matchups and win, play for conference titles and "win" and be a BCS contender. Sadly all things Al is not.

Who close to Shavar do you know? There is a relative of Shavar on this website and in the past he has said your information was false and unsubstantiated.

Last year, you said Team Tampa had heavy interest in Miami but Cain & Ray Ray quickly dismissed the Canes. I want to make sure your information is factual and you are not trolling.

Who close to Shavar do you know? There is a relative of Shavar on this website and in the past he has said your information was false and unsubstantiated.

Last year, you said Team Tampa had heavy interest in Miami but Cain & Ray Ray quickly dismissed the Canes. I want to make sure your information is factual and you are not trolling.

I'd like to know as well..

Advertisement

For one I would never state peoples names I met or had conversations with on a freaking public social network forum like this. I'm a professional and businessman as well and have zero interest in so called "trolling"! I have no desire to pretend to be an insider following HS football players to get an "inside scoop". My conversation was brief, about U and the current state of the program. I even placed quotes so that you would know I had no inside information where this kid may be going.

As far as previous statements go I attended a 7 on 7 practice (not Cain and Ray Ray's team), but Lawson's. I spoke to several of the kids about recruiting and their thoughts on Miami. They shared with me (quote again. don't put your deciphered thoughts in here), "everybody like Miami because they got so much to do and put guys in the league. But they gone down and don't have all the stuff (facilities) other programs have. Not a lot of people down there go to the games and I ain't feeling their coaches". Something to that effect because it's been a while. I've never stated where a kid is going even if I know from my Buddy who's in touch with many of the top players in the Tampa Bay area. That is those kids moments and I'll never exploit them publicly. As as you, Kyle Liburd, making sure my info is factual, now that's absurd. I mean do you place that much value in a conversation at a BBQ where someone said "they Canes fans and would rather spend Saturday's in Miami vs sitting in a hotel room in Tally"? I know the father of a top Cane defensive recruit, but haven't talked to him in a while, but if I did he would give me insights that are unavailable to this forum, but I'll never reveal his identity. So take what I say and accept it or not, I could not give a rat's ****.

For one I would never state peoples names I met or had conversations with on a freaking public social network forum like this. I'm a professional and businessman as well and have zero interest in so called "trolling"! I have no desire to pretend to be an insider following HS football players to get an "inside scoop". My conversation was brief, about U and the current state of the program. I even placed quotes so that you would know I had no inside information where this kid may be going.

As far as previous statements go I attended a 7 on 7 practice (not Cain and Ray Ray's team), but Lawson's. I spoke to several of the kids about recruiting and their thoughts on Miami. They shared with me (quote again. don't put your deciphered thoughts in here), "everybody like Miami because they got so much to do and put guys in the league. But they gone down and don't have all the stuff (facilities) other programs have. Not a lot of people down there go to the games and I ain't feeling their coaches". Something to that effect because it's been a while. I've never stated where a kid is going even if I know from my Buddy who's in touch with many of the top players in the Tampa Bay area. That is those kids moments and I'll never exploit them publicly. As as you, Kyle Liburd, making sure my info is factual, now that's absurd. I mean do you place that much value in a conversation at a BBQ where someone said "they Canes fans and would rather spend Saturday's in Miami vs sitting in a hotel room in Tally"? I know the father of a top Cane defensive recruit, but haven't talked to him in a while, but if I did he would give me insights that are unavailable to this forum, but I'll never reveal his identity. So take what I say and accept it or not, I could not give a rat's ****.

Whoop, can you confirm any of this?

The reason Kyle is asking you if your trolling is because jrock asked you who you knew that gave you false info. That I know of you never answered jrock

Advertisement
Needs to realize we probably have a tremendous upgrade at Head Coach and Def Coord after next year...

Don't bank on it.

AG and his crew ain't leaving anytime soon. Unless he decides to voluntarily step down.

The reason Kyle is asking you if your trolling is because jrock asked you who you knew that gave you false info. That I know of you never answered jrock

I recall that JRock put GH under a rock...after not addressing to whom in the kid's family had stated that Shavar's folks didn't jazz with Golden, GH took a sabbatical. They must figure out that JRock is elsewhere

I'd like to know as well..

Me too....

Advertisement
Back