Shaq Q talking

"Gonna be a lot different from what everyone had been accustomed to seeing the last three year's" remark made me put my skyrocket in flight.

Advertisement
Is there a video of Manny and Shaq/KJ's full press conference from media day? I've seen some of the SEC ones pop up on youtube in the last day or two but can't find any full videos of ours.
There is a thread IIRC called ACC Media Day that has links to all the pressers - KJ, Shaq, and Manny. Also, go to WQAM.com to hear the interviews with Joe Rose from those 3.

Outstanding young man! First class from the first day he stepped on campus.

I have no doubt Poppa Shaq is beaming with pride - as he should be. We all should be as well.

Saw this video on TOS and he continues to impress. Has Ray Lewis presence when he speaks. Shout out to Beason for mentoring this kid.

I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this kid, he's been great since day one. But nobody has a Ray Lewis presence except Ray Lewis. And while it's true that he made a business decision and I don't knock him for it, my soft old Cane heart wishes he'd have lied to me and said it was because he loves the school so much.

I hope he earns that first round pick to go with his first round talent.

Advertisement
I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this kid, he's been great since day one. But nobody has a Ray Lewis presence except Ray Lewis. And while it's true that he made a business decision and I don't knock him for it, my soft old Cane heart wishes he'd have lied to me and said it was because he loves the school so much.

I hope he earns that first round pick to go with his first round talent.

Didn’t think I needed to explain but I will, at the same time in college he has a Ray Lewis presence not the presence Ray has now.

One of the new U players that will give back a lot back to the Communtiy and university.
He’s going to be a hit when he comes back to future Paradise camps.
When he succeeds in the nfl we will get more Lb recruits that want to be like him.

Advertisement
I really want the first few series for his main role to be to spy on Franks. Running QB's have given us issues in the past under Diaz but I would love to let Shaq stay home, seek, and destroy.

I disagree. Pure passers have hurt us far more than the dual threat guys. That kid at Toledo, that UVA kid looked like Brady for a half 2 years ago. Either way, obviously we will need a plan to stop Franks when he decides to run.

I disagree. Pure passers have hurt us far more than the dual threat guys. That kid at Toledo, that UVA kid looked like Brady for a half 2 years ago. Either way, obviously we will need a plan to stop Franks when he decides to run.

Advertisement
I'm pulling for Shaq tough. Dude stuck w/ us as a highly touted recruit despite the chit show of Golden. He's represented this University in this most outstanding way any student athlete could ever have done.

We saw him blow up every QB and RB he faced in HS. I need that killer mentality to be there this year. He's 100000% right, he is a 1st talent. Hoping he could have a Roquan Smith's Sr year and smoke anyone in his way. We're going to miss him...maybe one of the more underappreciated Canes we've had.

Advertisement
We’d have to talk criteria, what are yours?

Probably worth its own post is the truth. It's got to be an all-encompassing criteria, factoring in character, leadership, performance, and importance.

I'd guess it comes down to Duke Johnson vs Shaq Quarterman, so you're right we'd need to hone in on criteria before we touched a battle of titans like that.

Advertisement
Back