Shaq and Pinkney- Salute!

reg

Sophomore
Over the past 4 months Manny Diaz has stepped his game up to another level, as it relates to him proven himself to be one **** of a recruiter. He literally recruited Enos right off of Alabama's campus, fresh off a championship game, when everyone and their mama knew that Enos was going to be the man at Bama this year on the offensive side of the ball. Manny's recruitment strategy and execution, regarding the portal, may never be done again...Ever!!! ****, he even recruited his own fan base back from stepping off the ledge by convincing us that there is truly a "New Miami."

I submit that Diaz greatest recruiting job so far, may be the fact that he convinced Shaq and Pinkney to return for their senior years. To us fans, these two returning was the obvious choice. However, as we all painfully know, at The U, when it comes to the draft, the obvious/right choice is rarely ever made by our players who are eligible to leave early.

Most of the talk/concern this spring has been about pretty much every unit on our team, except for one.....Linebacker's. Why? Shaq and Pinkney! (Not to take away from Lil Romeo at striker). We would be in some really deep s'hit on the defensive side of the ball, had these two decided to leave. In fact, coach Baker recently just stated thst Shaq and Pinkney were the "Heart and Soul" of our defense.

For every bad angle that we've watched these two take over the years, we have watched them make 5 times more plays! Here's to these two young men for making the right decision on improving their draft status by returning to The U. Here's to them for being true "Die Hard" Canes. Here's to their parents for raising two great young men (Shaq daddy, you may no longer be posting or reacting on this board, but I know you are still lurking ma****er! From one man to another, but more specifically, one father to another, you've done an amazing job with Shaq.)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Diaz has done MANY things right since he took charge.

Getting Shaq and Pinckney back for our defense AND let's not forget getting Jeff Thomas back for our offense, ENOS, his use of the portal all served to give this team Coastal championship and further potential.

Without those moves, we would be middling and completely out of any consideration at best.

Glad to have those two back ......because without them our defense would have taken a giant step backwards this year.

Next Diaz projects:
* Improving the OL,
* Developing a championship caliber QB,
* Stopping the exodus of early entrants that would benefit MORE by staying an additional year

Last edited:
DILLY DILLY
QuerulousDarlingFalcon-max-1mb.gif

I know this about Shaq and Pinckney, but to also get Jeff Thomas back from the portal...Salute to Manny
You are right! I am not sure how I forgot to mention Jeff Thomas when I referenced the recruiting prowess that Diaz have shown over the past few months. Great call!

Advertisement
100% agree. We would be in big trouble if they would have declared. With that said, we need to step up our LB recruiting. I don’t ever want to watch a defense where we are starting the likes of Glen Cook and Romeo Davis again, and have GA Tech run for a million yards on us. I still have nightmares having to watch them play.

100% agree. We would be in big trouble if they would have declared. With that said, we need to step up our LB recruiting. I don’t ever want to watch a defense where we are starting the likes of Glen Cook and Romeo Davis again, and have GA Tech run for a million yards on us. I still have nightmares having to watch them play.
G-Tech just had another 27 yard run on us. Lol. That game will forever be ingrained in my head!

Diaz has done MANY things right since he took charge.

Getting Shaq and Pinckney back for our defense AND let's not forget getting Jeff Thomas back for our offense, ENOS, his use of the portal all served to give this team Coastal championship and further potential.

Without those moves, we would be middling and completely out of any consideration at best.

Glad to have those two back ......because without them our defense would have taken a giant step backwards this year.

Next Diaz projects:
* Improving the OL,
* Developing a championship caliber QB,
* Stopping the exodus of early entrants that would benefit MORE by staying an additional year

And recruiting better fits on OL and at LB. both positions are concerns moving forward. Getting Shaq and Pinck back for their Senior seasons is going to prove the difference between an 8-4 year versus 11-2 which I believe we will get, thanks to Enos’ arrival to fix our much antiquated offense, JT4 coming back along with Shaq and Michael, the use of the Portal to unheard of precision, and no let up from the defense this year even though we’re replacing multiple starters especially in the secondary.

Advertisement
And recruiting better fits on OL and at LB. both positions are concerns moving forward. Getting Shaq and Pinck back for their Senior seasons is going to prove the difference between an 8-4 year versus 11-2 which I believe we will get, thanks to Enos’ arrival to fix our much antiquated offense, JT4 coming back along with Shaq and Michael, the use of the Portal to unheard of precision, and no let up from the defense this year even though we’re replacing multiple starters especially in the secondary.
Not sure if the bolded part is realistic, but I am with you in hoping so.

One thing is for sure, imo, our front seven should be lethal!

Advertisement
Back