Shaq addresses fan negativity

Shaq don't pay attention to us we're never gonna be 100% happy. Just do what you do homie don't sweat the rest.

For Gods sake keep him away from this site. There is a thread going on the football board where some "fans" actually would rather see us go 5-8 then 11-2 next year because they hate Golden that much. 5-8!! Smh. If im a recruit and saw that I would really be scratching my head as to what kind of fan base is this?

One that wants to win again...
Its the only way.

Advertisement
Shaq is one of my all time favorite recruits. Can't wait to see him come out of that smoke. That boy is bad and he gets it, like someone else said he is definitely captain material. Need more like him.

Love this kid. I hope he understands that most of us love THE U and our team and players. We hate losing and the refusal to stop doing what is losing. I have a lifetime and 100s of thousands of hard earned $$$$ invested it being a Cane. Al is hired help not doing his job well enough to be kept on. We want the 2016 class to have the benefit of real coaching like our great players of the pass had had. It is not negative, it is wanting the best.

Can't wait to see you run through the smoke young man. And you are right, if Golden suddenly starts coaching better and wins instead of losing, we will cheer him. This is THE U and us old timers remember what that means.

Love this kid. I hope he understands that most of us love THE U and our team and players. We hate losing and the refusal to stop doing what is losing. I have a lifetime and 100s of thousands of hard earned $$$$ invested it being a Cane. Al is hired help not doing his job well enough to be kept on. We want the 2016 class to have the benefit of real coaching like our great players of the pass had had. It is not negative, it is wanting the best.

Can't wait to see you run through the smoke young man. And you are right, if Golden suddenly starts coaching better and wins instead of losing, we will cheer him. This is THE U and us old timers remember what that means.

I resemble that remark

Everything to this point leads me to believe he's an intelligent kid and assuming he EEs then l I believe Shaq's career path is as follows: immediately see's the field frosh year, team leader and leading tackler sophomore year, team captain and accolade-worthy season junior year followed by entry to NFL draft with a chance to be an early round selection. Kid is a monster and I'm praying he has a healthy football career. Can't wait to see him rep the orange and green in the league.

Canton bound.

Holy **** you two...at least let the young man graduate, enroll at UM, practice, and play in a game first.

IIRC, we fans placed some lofty expectations on Kevin Nelson too.

Shaq seems like one for those kids that will be a Cane no matter what. A cornerstone type with elite talent. Let's hope his skills aren't wasted once he arrives.

Advertisement
Well in defense of the fans, we have every right to be pessimistic about Golden and the future of the entire football program in general. But I agree when he said winning would change that. The only problem is every single person would be surprised if we actually had a real winning season (10+ wins. Beating FSU & Nebraska. Win bowl game). If you arent getting over 10 wins every year you DEFINITELY shouldnt b coaching here Because that is what we expect and what the Administration SHOULD expect. And Im sorry, but winning 9 games without winning a bowl or beating FSU isnt a successful season, its average at best. (2013)

So you can look at the fans being ****ed as a negative, or these commits can look at it as our committment to being successful. We expect to win National Championships. And if you win here there is no better place in the country to be. But we are going to hold you to the goals we set.

No matter how much you like or dislike someone, not accomplishing a single goal (beating FSU, winning acc, winning a bowl, 10+ wins, etc) is grounds for being fired.

Coaches may know what a skinny post is, they may know what a wiggle is or a wham block or trap play. But that's part of the equation. If they went by the coaches knowing more than fans, no coach would ever be fired. If I got to the doctor and he operates on me and mess on of my tubes in my stomach up.....I may not know what tube or why I don't feel well but I **** well know something is wrong. No, we are just clueless fans who should be happy El Foldo is blessing Miami with his presence, we should be thankful he won 6 games.

No we may not know more than EL Foldo but we know there are coaches who would kick *** with the talent he has had to work with at Miami. But still he loses and loses, and complains and complains.

And am sorry buy I frankly do not care much about kids committing or not. If they come fine, if they dont, fine as well. We have seen that talent makes no difference to the buffoon we have coaching it. Just follow the pre draft write ups if you clowns think it's just fans.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back