Shannon Dawson is the New OC/QB Coach

View as article
after reflecting on this hire for 24 hours, i rate it an A+ hire.

1670980659415.jpg

Advertisement
Do yourselves a favor and check out Houston’s offensive numbers before Dawson was named OC. When Dana got the job in 2019, their numbers fell off a cliff compared to the 2018 Applewhite/Briles offense. The 2020 offense was better but still nothing special. Their best two seasons under Dana were the two seasons Dawson called plays. I’m not sure what the three Houston fans in existence were expecting but considering their offense got way better the last two years than it was the two years prior, you’d think they’d acknowledge the reason. The whole “Dana took over play-calling” rumor is just a fabrication because their offense got better in the second half of the year. What they fail to mention is the second half schedule also got way easier. They played their three toughest opponents (Texas Tech, Kansas and Tulane) in the first five weeks. Even then, the only time they failed to put up 30 points was against Tulane when they only scored 24.

Houston also had an offensive exodus that 2019 season.

King redshirted after like 3 games. Their stud WR did the same. Jarrid Williams got hurt and was done for the season and came here.

So Houston went realllll young in 2019. Which is one reason why they had their best offense last year. That was the payoff for the Year 0 in 2019.

And somewhat of a concern if we’re being honest. You can’t have that many years of bad offense, and only get a payoff once the team is as experienced as last year’s. The offensive system needs to create a higher floor year to year.

King redshirted after like 3 games. Their stud WR did the same. Jarrid Williams got hurt and was done for the season and came here.

So Houston went realllll young in 2019. Which is one reason why they had their best offense last year. That was the payoff for the Year 0 in 2019.

And somewhat of a concern if we’re being honest. You can’t have that many years of bad offense, and only get a payoff once the team is as experienced as last year’s. The offensive system needs to create a higher floor year to year.

Roster management ... have to reload in every recruiting class ... not just every 4 years.

Casual Houston fan: How was the game?

Rabid Houston fan: Sucked. Staff is great, but we have the worst OC. Runs too much. I hate his play calling. His shirt seems ill-fitting. I'll bet he doesn't like South Park.

Casual Houston fan: Yikes. What was the score?

Rabid Houston fan: 44-40, Houston.
Yea blame the OC for not scoring enough not the defense for giving up 44 lmao. and some fans want to really believe Houston fans. Dawson has actually been an OC for many teams.

Roster management ... have to reload in every recruiting class ... not just every 4 years.

Maybe. But that was also Dana’s first year. He didn’t have the ability to load or reload yet.

He got there and implemented his more slowed down, precision watch Air Raid.

King hated it. He wanted a more space and pace offense. Which was less thinking and just go fast.

Which is why he came here to play for Lashlee.

Advertisement
I think you shouldn’t listen to any fan base really without diving deeper. The smarter sports people regardless of the sport are the ones who aren’t as dramatic on the internet. So when you see the masses cheering but one guy making points on why they’re wrong, usually the one guy is who you should be listening to. Most of the SMART uh football fans are ****ed off. We want Dana gone and this is just another excuse for him to fail going into spring

I think you shouldn’t listen to any fan base really without diving deeper. The smarter sports people regardless of the sport are the ones who aren’t as dramatic on the internet. So when you see the masses cheering but one guy making points on why they’re wrong, usually the one guy is who you should be listening to. Most of the SMART uh football fans are ****ed off. We want Dana gone and this is just another excuse for him to fail going into spring
I feel like Dana is still living off that WVU Orange Bowl win.

Advertisement
Ive been telling these ****ers to listen to me. They are just ignorant.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Waited ‘til February 14th to hire a guy people have never heard of who failed miserably in his stint at Kentucky and who most Houston fans are happy is gone.

Nice work, Mario.
You have no clue what most Uh fans feel about this. I do, many friends who are Uh boosters and they are not happy. Stop spewing untrue sound bites.

They averaged 36 points per game in 2021 though.

Advertisement
Back