Shannon Dawson is the New OC/QB Coach

View as article
Yup, the 25th ranked offense in the country was run, run, pass, punt. I cannot figure out who is more dumb, the Houston fans who posted it originally, or the Miami "fans" who copy and paste it here.......

Awww, come on man, you're ruining it...I just wanted an excuse to bring back THIS GEM:

Advertisement
View attachment 230088View attachment 230088

View attachment 230091

Remember this quote 12 months from now

“Back then they didn’t want me, now I’m hot they all on me” - Mike Jones….. referring to Shannon Dawson’s first 12 months at Miami

paul wall somebody lied GIF by Worldstar Hip Hop

Definitely intrigued to see who his WR coach is gonna be.

I'm intrigued for the sole reason of wondering how it typically goes when a historical pro-style/physicality mentality HC hires an OC that runs air-raid/veer and shoot type offenses. Makes you think what can the offense be with this passing game combined with a Mario run game similar to what they did at Oregon.

Worked pretty well for Pittman hiring Briles. Any other examples out there?
Nick Saban

Not that Mario is on his level but that's the #1 example out there imo. Mario has essentially chosen to stay the course of doing it Nick's way as opposed to going about it Kirby's way. I think Mario chose right this time because Kirby isn't the one plucking elite SoFLA WRs...that would be Saban and Ryan Day

Advertisement
Just came back to say, good hire. Both coordinators are good, with the potential to be great.

It's about **** time. This O could be fun to watch, again. The D could cause some serious problems in the ACC. Our O versus our own D will really do each other good in practice. Our D really had its hands tied last year playing on Saturdays when they were facing our O all **** week in practice. Now, these two units have the potential to really strengthen each other. Iron sharpens iron. Last year it was pudding versus mud.

I think we could make immediate, major strides this year. We are not as untalented as our record would suggest. That is why I was so ****ed last year.

What I find funny is that Dawson's O last year didn't run as much, yet still averaged 13 yards more rushing per game than Gattis' sorry crap.

If TVD stays healthy, I expect a record breaking season for him. Do that and we'll have ourselves a fun season.

This is so wrong lol. Think before you speak.

Took me 3 minutes to see that Jeremiah Smith’s cousin is Geno Smith, who has a fabulous relationship with Dawson. I’m sure there’s plenty of other connections, besides the system recruits itself.
Relationships are good so thats a plus.. Just that no one has heard of the guy before.. He isnt a brand name coach, he was under Dana system, on his own seems like he has struggled.. Atleast he seems to produce more 1k WR than we have had in school history, so he has that going for him

Advertisement
So Miami just needs to hire a WR coach? Unless there's a couple other coaches on their way out.

Advertisement
I never know about these things but Im not jumping up and down with excitement. When this guy has called his own plays and not worked with Dana Holgorsen the results have been average to not great.

Plus, more concerning is the Houston fans seem to be happy he’s gone.
How do you think the divorcees on this board spoke of their high school sweetheart ex-wife when she ditched them for the rich guy down the block?

Advertisement
That’s fine and well but if Ruggiero didn’t want to leave Clawson then it is irrelevant.

Exactly.

We had a bunch of CIS porsters trying to fake-hire Frost and Mullen and Ruggiero and every other dude who had every other reason to stay put (and/or who wasn't even really in consideration)...

Is there any oc who is consistently in the top 25 offenses regardless of where he’s been at?

Football is extremely complicated. 11 players depending on each other.
Matchups, injuries, suspensions.
I have no idea what this guy will do here. But he does have positive things in his favor with players that put up stats and teams that put up points.

As far as a running game with air raid dudes or spread dudes, tcu had Kendre Miller run for almost 1400 yards last year and tcu was 25th in rushing.
Ole miss was number 2 in rushing.

Why do people keep stressing about the run with non pro style teams? Put it to bed already.
Many times the difference between a top 25 v top 50 offense is less than 30 yards per game. That could be one less possession, one WR drop, a fumble, any number of things

Advertisement
Back