Shannon Dawson is the New OC/QB Coach

View as article
I really hate most of you on this board
not wrong the big lebowski GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
They never heard of this guy, he doesnt move a single needle in south florida

they heard bout his system ans will soon enough hear bout him

We did not have a chance with previous OCs. We now have at least a good selling point

Advertisement
This hire doesn't curl my toes, but I also recognize that it might end up being a really good hire. You never know how guys are gonna perform until they're actually in the weeds hacking away.

The things I like about the hire:
- Love the move to an uptempo O that has the potential to put up a lot of points.
- I actually like that he's from G5. The theory is that he will be hungry like Guidry appears to be. Real hunger and a chip on his shoulder could carry him to success.
- Cribby likes him. Jay seems to be fine with him.

They never heard of this guy, he doesnt move a single needle in south florida
You don’t think kids that’s life is football can go to you tube and see his offense versus say Gattis? These kids have never experienced this down here before, so when they see the numbers pile up they’ll come. Kids want stats and to get to the league. Opportunities is the key.

Let’s see after spring if we pick up portal wr’s and the type of quality versus the last year. We won’t have south Florida kids leaving going to wake because the oc , scheme and offense suck.

I posted awhile ago Mario told recruits and HS coaches expect a dramatic change to the offense and scheme. I‘m sure they didn’t buy it because we sure didn’t. Mario has at least shown us he’s open to big change after last years abortion, it obviously set off red flags for him and the way he did business. For that I tip the cap.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I know nothing about Dawson, but I've liked Houston's offenses for as long as I can remember and I love air raid. If my stupid *** got excited about gattis because of his Broyles award, then its only fair enough to see how this plays out.

Last edited:
Advertisement
LMAO!

This is why you guys have GOT to stop listening to fans.

Houston had 3 backs play last year. In 13 games, they COMBINED for 254 carries. Combined. That's 19 running back carries per game, for the entire running back room.

Tune averaged 38 passes per game.

If your QB is throwing is 38 times a game, and your backs are running it 19 times a game, let me know how you come up with "run, run, pass, punt" LOLLL.

Houston also ranked 117th in the country in number of punts.

So they rarely run, they rarely punt, but the offense is run, run, pass, punt.

Please, please stop bringing this bull**** to the board. The vast majority of people here have literally zero brain cells, they're very easily polluted.
3oz8xLd9DJq2l2VFtu (2).gif

CIS hot takes are always perfect. Never hysterical or emotional with heavy vaginal discharge.

You don’t think kids that’s life is football can go to you tube and see his offense versus say Gattis? These kids have never experienced this down here before, so when they see the numbers pile up they’ll come. Kids want stats and to get to the league. Opportunities is the key.

Let’s see after spring if we pick up portal wr’s and the type of quality versus the last year. We won’t have south Florida kids leaving going to wake because the oc , scheme and offense suck.

I posted awhile ago Mario told recruits and HS coaches expect a dramatic change to the offense and scheme. I‘m sure they didn’t but because we sure didn’t. Mario has at least shown us he’s open to big change and last years abortion obviously set off red flags for him and the way he did business. For that I tip the cap.
I expect guys to sell this guy, I never heard of anyone pulling up a "shannon dawson" offense.. Hopefully he proves it on field in fall because he is not a guy who rings bells is all I am saying.. UH fans are happy he is gone.. We have been thru this before and have been warned before, we have warned fans of other teams about what they gonna get.. I understand the politics of it also and know many want Mario to succeed. I got fam on team RIGHT now, but this guy have to prove himself here away from Dana, I wish we got a more proven guy.. Thats not wrong to say unless this place is just circle jerk or thread ban

Atleast "air raid" is a good brand and we can sell that until the games are played

Advertisement
Back