Shannon Dawson is the New OC/QB Coach

View as article
Advertisement
Galloway has the connections but coming here would be a lateral move... probably with a raise though. I'd love to see it happen...but he's AHC/passing coord/WR coach at UNC. Would be a grand slam.
He makes about $450k. With saving some coin on Dawson and Guidry there should money in the budget to throw money at the problem that is WR

A lot of us are happy. The ones who aren't, never are and will never be. There's a saying, I'm sure you've heard it before. It goes like this: Misery LOVES company. And it's true as ****. These people are miserable and they'll stay miserable.
Being a realist isn't being pessimistic. It's an average hire. Right system, questionable coach. Maybe he's evolved. Maybe not. Being unsure doesn't make us miserable, just skeptical.

Advertisement
Pulling up the 2022 Houston footage tonight...

Calculate Zach Galifianakis GIF

Advertisement
Is there any oc who is consistently in the top 25 offenses regardless of where he’s been at?

Football is extremely complicated. 11 players depending on each other.
Matchups, injuries, suspensions.
I have no idea what this guy will do here. But he does have positive things in his favor with players that put up stats and teams that put up points.

As far as a running game with air raid dudes or spread dudes, tcu had Kendre Miller run for almost 1400 yards last year and tcu was 25th in rushing.
Ole miss was number 2 in rushing.

Why do people keep stressing about the run with non pro style teams? Put it to bed already.

I don’t think that’s the standard.

What you’re looking for is an OC that had a positive impact on the offense compared to the trend line before him, and maybe even look at after him.

Then you can project to what Miami probably should be, and argue whether he is or isn’t the guy to get you there.

That’s been the problem with a lot of the OC names we’ve seen. They produce a lot of years that are either below or right at what the school’s floor is.

Like Southern Miss at the 120-ish ranked F+ offense one year under Dawson. Any JAG off the street could get you that. That school isn’t going to get much worse.

Advertisement
Being a realist isn't being pessimistic. It's an average hire. Right system, questionable coach. Maybe he's evolved. Maybe not. Being unsure doesn't make us miserable, just skeptical.

Stop injecting logic into this conversation. What you're attempting to do here is the equivalent of teaching quantum mechanics to a chimp with a learning disability.

The full time mopes AND the full time slurpers are what make this fan base so frustrating. Just like any political hyper-polarization.

I don't know much about this guy but:

1) i like the system a lot, should be fun to watch and much easier for recruiting. If he succeeds, it will help Mario's reputation on offense a ton
2) I'm happy Mario is open to this style of offense
3) I like this hire much, much better than when Gattis came on. This guy has mixed reviews, everyone hates Gattis at his previous stops

Advertisement
Rational.

There’s a lot of things to like, and some to not. I think it’ll work out but only time will tell.

Advertisement
Back