Shannon Dawson is the New OC/QB Coach

View as article
We weren’t going to hire someone better than a OC like Dawson. After two ridiculous searches and the season we had, the jokers here really had expectations that we were going to pull some master OC from a big time program. This exceeded my expectations because the fact pattern indicated that Mario’s OC job is not attractive, money be damned. I think he will put up good numbers

Advertisement
Is there any potential offensive skill position (notability WR) that Dawson could pull from Houston for us?

What’s the misinformation?

Oh, god. Please don't make me run through 40 pages looking for specifics.

But talking in absolutes like the guy got absolutely got benched when, as you say, we have someone in the know right here saying otherwise. Or taking scorned Houston tweets as gospel. Also pitching negativity without context. A lot of UK stuff where the roster was bad and Stoops was stubborn and known to interfere. But then trying to nitpick away 36 points a game in 2021 and 2022. Mopes want to have their cake and mope it too.:)

Not many kind words for Dawson on the UH 247 site. Said the offense only got better halfway through the year when Holgerson took over play calling. They are really, seriously not upset and said yall told us about D'nofrio, now we are repaying the favor.

If they don’t have kind words for Dawson I would love to see what they say about Belk cause he took multiple steps back with that defense last year

Advertisement
Idiots that judge him on UK have no idea about that one year. Stoops makes Mario look like Mcvay. He brought in air raid guys and wanted them to run the ball 40 times. They had almost 2000 yards his one year. Now go look at Houston this year.

You mean idiots like that sloppy **** @nystateofmind

We weren’t going to hire someone better than a OC like Dawson. After two ridiculous searches and the season we had, the jokers here really had expectations that we were going to pull some master OC from a big time program. This exceeded my expectations because the fact pattern indicated that Mario’s OC job is not attractive, money be damned. I think he will put up good numbers

Brian Johnson bro bro.

Also, Dorsey unqualified!!

Advertisement
Potentially unpopular opinion...

This is the 2nd OC we've hired where the vibe of the team we hired him from are:

A) glad he's gone
B) claim he wasn't as involved in the offense as it would seem.

If I'm being honest it scares the s*** out of me. It just seems like Gattis all over again.

SaFla highschool coach told him.
George Costanza Wow GIF by hero0fwar

Advertisement
I dont care what all the Houston fans say. we have fans on here that would want saban fired for going 15-0 because he didnt win games by enough points.
...and Canes fans who swear Steele sucks yet apparently Saban thinks differently. Not sure what the Houston fans were complaining about anyway. They had top 20 offenses under Dawson.

He wanted the ball in tunes hands much more. More rpo’s and quick game and less of the hail Mary’s to tank and golden. We couldn’t block well enough for those also a lot more 5 wide and motion. Dana helped for sure. He didn’t take away the calls
How is Dawson with motion, generally? I'm interpreting from your post that he either wasn't using it enough or was it that Dana wanted it used for other reasons than Dawson was using it? Does Shannon use it to determine coverage or gain leverage? After the Super Bowl, I know it's the popular thing to talk about now. But, always curious how/why coaches use motion.

Sorry to interrupt the hysteria (everyone, click Ads!) here with a few football questions. Would just like to learn as much as I can about this dude.

Advertisement
I don’t remember that being the case at all.

People legit wanted Lashlee as a Top Choice. Not the best of the horrible choices.

Lashlee also didn’t really have a long career of failure.

The issue with Lashlee is to what degree he was responsible for any of it, including the successes. Was he just Gus’ and Dyke’s OC like people are Jimbo’s OC?

Lashlee just felt young and modern.

The big issue with Dawson, besides his lack of success almost his entire career, is that there’s no tempo to anything he runs. There’s no RPO. There’s maybe some read option.

It’s basically the offense Kentucky was running with Tim Couch in 1998.

Whereas Lashlee’s version of the Air Raid was the modern take on it.

You’re the type of idiot that would’ve come up with something against whoever was hired.

Already figured out your MO, it’s so obvious. Next time try to be more discreet.

Advertisement
Back