Shannon Dawson is the New OC/QB Coach

View as article
And then you have a not jaded houston fan who knows more than the average Houston fan saying dana didn’t call plays

They won't listen man, too busy believing the scorned twitters, and starting fights among themselves. Thanks for your input, keep it coming. Really excited to see what this looks like, especially with a strong OL.

Advertisement
NO. No idea where that comes from. Dana did have a meeting with him and the QB about what Dana wants but again we were scoring 30 a game before that meeting. Dana’s tempo didn’t match Dawson’s
Thanks. You were there, literally, so it seemed pertinent to shut that rampant speculation down. “Houston fans said” doesn’t matter when “staffer said the opposite”.

Let me also ask this (genuinely curious): if Dawson was such a garbage play caller that Dana had to take the reins mid-season, why was he still retained by Dana? Surely if you’re complete trash and predictable enough to force your employer’s hand and assume your responsibilities in the middle of a season, you’d be let go.

Doesn’t add up.

Advertisement
Given the time it took to get here I can see why some are pretty meh on the hire. Like that it’s basically a 180 of “Mario’s offense”

If the WR coach hire ends up being a guy that can recruit and has some experience as a play caller or pass game coordinator (I.e. Jeff Scott) then I will be pretty content about it.

LMAO!

This is why you guys have GOT to stop listening to fans.

Houston had 3 backs play last year. In 13 games, they COMBINED for 254 carries. Combined. That's 19 running back carries per game, for the entire running back room.

Tune averaged 38 passes per game.

If your QB is throwing is 38 times a game, and your backs are running it 19 times a game, let me know how you come up with "run, run, pass, punt" LOLLL.

Houston also ranked 117th in the country in number of punts.

So they rarely run, they rarely punt, but the offense is run, run, pass, punt.

Please, please stop bringing this bull**** to the board. The vast majority of people here have literally zero brain cells, they're very easily polluted.

Think I saw 502 passes and 400 runs in 2022. Unconfirmed.

Advertisement
LMAO!

This is why you guys have GOT to stop listening to fans.

Houston had 3 backs play last year. In 13 games, they COMBINED for 254 carries. Combined. That's 19 running back carries per game, for the entire running back room.

Tune averaged 38 passes per game.

If your QB is throwing is 38 times a game, and your backs are running it 19 times a game, let me know how you come up with "run, run, pass, punt" LOLLL.

Houston also ranked 117th in the country in number of punts.

So they rarely run, they rarely punt, but the offense is run, run, pass, punt.

Please, please stop bringing this bull**** to the board. The vast majority of people here have literally zero brain cells, they're very easily polluted.
If I have to punt on first down to score 35 I’ll do it. 😂

How many more people in this thread will say Dana called plays though? Over/under 24.5?
Bored Nick Kyrgios GIF by Tennis TV

Advertisement
He didn’t call plays.. he started giving input on what he would like to see more of. There is a difference in the two
Great! Can’t wait for offensive guru Mario Cristobal to start giving Shanny some input. When Shanny runs his own offense, it’s been a disaster. See Southern Miss.

Advertisement
The hire is fine.

Always funny to see the same group of mopes belly ache about everything. Wouldn’t have been happy no matter who was hired.

The mopes aren’t fans of UM. They’re people who follow UM for whatever reason, but are really just looking for a reason to **** on the program every chance they get. Sad mofos.
I agree there will always be those who oppose any hire. At this point we don’t really know how this will work out. What we do know is coaches don’t drop passes or fumble the football.

Advertisement
Back