Shannon Dawson is the New OC/QB Coach

View as article
Advertisement
I think before Mario made this choice he obviously wants to be able to have those power concepts but needs that passing attack which I’m sure he relayed to Shannon.

Continue our excellent Oline recruiting with our running backs and now sprinkle in smart good pass catchers and land those elite WR and we’re talking.

Dana took over playcalling or at least more responsibility, during their Memphis comeback. Early season was already disastrous for them.
View attachment 230049
Shanny didn’t start calling plays until towards the end of their 2021 season. When he did run the show, it was a disaster. See Kentucky, Southern Miss. If you want to make excuses for Kentucky, go ahead but try to defend his Southern Miss stint.View attachment 230052
we heard same thing when Coach D was running Golden's defense and Baker was running Manny's. he's our guy now, hope it works.

Advertisement
I watched Houston a lot the last 2 seasons (for gambling reasons) and I really like their offense but a lot of the success was based on having a very mobile QB. So I'm not sure what that's gonna look like with TVD.

They didn't run Tune very much in 2021.

Last year there was much more in the offense for him in that regard, but he also scrambled a ton because they threw the ball much more in 2022 than 2021. I believe it's much to do with the OL being absolutely terrible and unable to generate much push in the traditional running game.

Tune was actually their leading rusher in 2022, whereas in 2021 they had two different backs over 500 yards.

Hopefully Guidry and Dawson can stay here for a couple of years to build some continuity
Don’t see why they wouldn’t, ain’t like they’re big name hires like most clamored for. The only scenario I can see them leaving quickly is if they really suck, if so that’s terrible news.

Advertisement
First half of 2022 31.8 PPG
Second half of 2022 43 PPG (the one outlier game against SMU where is was 77-63 impacts this greatly)

Their defense was trash all year - 33 PPG given up in both first and second half of season

B7FFF2C1-B914-4718-A94B-7856AAC59584.jpeg
514F4F6D-C6C5-4E51-9CC8-872B629204E2.jpeg

Advertisement
They didn't run Tune very much in 2021.

Last year there was much more in the offense for him in that regard. I believe it's much to do with the OL being absolutely terrible and unable to generate much push in the traditional running game.

Tune was actually their leading rusher in 2022, whereas in 2021 they had two different backs over 500 yards.
No in 21 they didn't have a lot of designed QB runs but he made a lot of plays with his legs.

Advertisement
1. Super weird you track another man's comings and goings. Like, really, really creepy "spreadsheet in a basement" weird.

2. I was around, read a bit, but didn't post much for a couple of months because of a monster work project and a very serious family health scare. But thanks for your concern.

3. I've been here for years, when we've sucked, so you can angrily lash out like a child all you want, but I don't think anyone really takes you or anything you say seriously.

4. I mean, you still post here. After 8,000 facepalms and 30% of your life dedicated to a schtick on a message board where no one knows you. Not sure you get what "shame" means.

Congratulations, you managed to get some attention. Now can you please let the grown ups talk about football without trying to derail? Thanks, and go make me a sandwich.
You do the same thing, trying to post receipts on people and being the board resident Karen all over again spreading your Karenbolical **** that's unwanted on this board and you wanna call the kettle black? Really?
46757D8C-73F5-4E2A-BB2D-38E4BA80C830.gif

Then the part that really grinds my gears about you is that after you try to make yourself the smartest guy in the room and belittle a poRster, when said poRster decides to get right back at you with the same energy, you cry wolf and play Karen and run to the maudes and admins, which I don't know why, so please....
46757D8C-73F5-4E2A-BB2D-38E4BA80C830.gif

When you were gone, there was A LOT LESS karening going on, so please, don't start that ****. Keep this
6FAAEE0B-1E9F-466E-9C9E-35D7A03CAD30.gif
off the board and maybe, maybe, people wouldn't be coming at you so much.
tenor (93).gif

Don't like it, tell it to a Maude.
Lol

Lame excuse. Injury is part of the game. It’s okay to regressed some due to injury. But to be ranked in the 100s is inexcusable.
It depends if you have quality depth.

How about our depth on the OL after we lost most of our starters. Haven't some claimed it resulted in the worst UM offense ever?

Advertisement
Back