Shannon Dawson is the New OC/QB Coach

View as article
Even if that was true (it’s not) we only scored less than 30 one time and it was against an elite Tulane defense (ring a bell?) in which we scored 24. He was for sure married to running the ball a lot more early in the season but THAT was on Dana. It wasn’t until tune spoke up himself to Both coaches that we went full on pass the ball and it worked but still.. we were scoring 30 a game regardless
For the life of me I will never understand why a head coach has to interfere with a guy he hired a job to do. like if you didn't want the guy to be your OC then why hire him or keep him on staff? It sounds like there isn't any danger of that with MC this year and that Dawson will be able to run his offense without much interference, which is how it should be.

Advertisement
All that Kentucky **** needs to stop. Judge him when he was with Holgerson and running the O’s that he came up in. Not what Stoops made him run.
He bringing holgerson with him? Wouldn't it make sense to judge when he ran his own show

Can someone whose smarter than me explain why Houston fans want the guy who put up 35+ ppg the last two years fired? I can't imagine having a top 15 offense two years in a row and being happy he left.

No one likes getting dumped. No one. So you deflect and act like you never liked the person that much.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Honestly not sold. Holgorsen did much of the offensive game planning and Houston fans have said he took over playcalling midseason.

I hope he ends up being good, but after that long-*** process.. not impressed. Flame me all you want lol

Advertisement
Can someone whose smarter than me explain why Houston fans want the guy who put up 35+ ppg the last two years fired? I can't imagine having a top 15 offense two years in a row and being happy he left.
Because 99% of the time a coach leaves a school for another job, there's some rationalization of why he was actually terrible. They had the #17 offense in the country this year. On the other side of the ball, their defense was at #105. They didn't lose because of a lack of offense.

Aint gonna hear me argue. For what miami is paying i expect more.

Ill take it over arroyo and others.
And so will I....I'll back him 100%....I thought we could do better though. As far as what other people think, I learned along time ago not to care what others think. Their gonna think what they want regardless, so why waste time worrying about it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He was solid. He developed Mullens. I think it’s a solid hire with a high ceiling. The scheme is a perfect fit and Mario just have gotten that through his think skull
Dawson took over in 2016. I mean it's not a bad season but seems like Mullens regressed going from Monken in 2015 to Dawson in 2016.

YearSchoolConfClassPosGCmpAttPctYdsY/AAY/ATDIntRate
2013Southern MississippiCUSAFRQB913627649.317766.45.11314108.7
2014Southern MississippiCUSASOQB1021836559.724706.86.3129122.5
*2015Southern MississippiCUSAJRQB1433152163.544768.69.03812155.2
*2016Southern MississippiCUSASRQB1124338463.332728.58.52411149.8

Not many kind words for Dawson on the UH 247 site. Said the offense only got better halfway through the year when Holgerson took over play calling. They are really, seriously not upset and said yall told us about D'nofrio, now we are repaying the favor.

Not directed at you, of course. But that's some backerds logic they're using. Onofrio was a lump on fire on our sidelines. At least this dude had some success at different places.

Advertisement
Back