Shannon Dawson is the New OC/QB Coach

View as article
Advertisement
I am referring to seeing the results at the end of the season.

Dawson seems to be a solid hire.

But you responded to a guy who called out all the "Mario will never hire an Air Raid guy" bros. Not about "let's see the results at the end of the season".

I'm not going to pull receipts on every Brofense Bro, but you need to acknowledge that many posters SWORE Mario would never make this hire.

And I want to see the results like everyone else. But that's not the same as the constant negative drumbeat of "Mario just wants to run, Mario will never hire Air Raid, Mario is just about to hire Arroyo" nonsense that has been spamming this board for 3 months.

Advertisement
the-office-michael-scott-lmao-ryq0k9ycl95lzcg2.gif

This is a really interesting hire. Again, a candidate that kinda came out of nowhere. Very pass focussed. Also, his times as OC at UH has shown improvement. Total offense stats for 2020-present:
  • 2020: 53rd
  • 2021: 15th
  • 2022: 17th
The guy is an up-and-coming coach that's hungry. He also isn't some rehash that was recently fired. Lets see where it goes, but I'm pretty happy with it.

Advertisement
Solid hire. I posted that emoji Friday when I heard he was likely. I was hoping for the mystery candidate.

At least it’s an air raid. I told everyone word was Mario was open minded with scheme.
Will you be able to tell us the mystery candidate?

So we got a guy that can be good but can also suck?

Yea definitely sounds like a mario hire.

Show me the guys who were coming here who are always great. Just about every coach at this level has some sort of flags.

Remember, Todd Monken was a fired fossil at UGA 4 years ago. A guy banished from the NFL for sucking ***. He didn't do too poorly in Athens.

To me, I'm more than willing to let the guy show what he can do considering the massive philosophical shift Mario is making. Everybody told me Mario was a neanderthal and won't adapt. Well, that's clearly not true. So let's see how it works out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Show me the guys who were coming here who are always great. Just about every coach at this level has some sort of flags.

Remember, Todd Monken was a fired fossil at UGA 4 years ago. A guy banished from the NFL for sucking ***. He didn't do too poorly in Athens.

To me, I'm more than willing to let the guy show what he can do considering the massive philosophical shift Mario is making. Everybody told me Mario was a neanderthal and won't adapt. Well, that's clearly not true. So let's see how it works out.
Are we sure mario is going to allow him to coach the offense the way he wants to?

Advertisement
Back