Shannon Dawson is the New OC/QB Coach

View as article
since we are pulling receipts, i'll pull mine. we got trolled by Dennis Smith, I got trolled. I got the clue, but it was a troll job.
johnson.PNG

Advertisement
Also where them apologies about Cristobal married to a bro style offense. Told it was cap and i had no inside information. Even Feldman repeated that. Why would he be interviewing air raid man? Some of yall really dont think without anger
I admittedly am surprised Mario went Air Raid. Good for him. Dawson seems to get some heat from the board, but whatever.

Let’s revisit end of the season.

Some similarities to the Lashlee hire on paper.

Remember, there was a lot of talk about how Lashlee failed at previous stops and was only riding Sonny Dykes's coattails.

Yeah, I definitely think this COULD be an excellent hire, but I have some guarded optimism. I'm not a fan of letting a "kick-*** interview" dominate the decision-making progress.

I am hopeful that he will be a good pairing with our QBs and SoFla speed, plus Mario's OL. I thought this might be the guy when that one poster said "a hire has been made" due to the timeline, but I also wanted to hope that a couple of other names were emerging late.

i think it's interesting Mario's complete 180...

last year we hired 2 big time coordinators from 2 big time P5 teams (although Steele left Maryland, he had been a DC at some big programs)... neither one known for being innovative necessarily...

this year he went the complete opposite direction.. 2 G5 guys... with virtually none or very little P5 experience...

Advertisement
Love it or hate it, we do all agree this was a Plan C hire, right?
Point being, with this budget, why? Mario's history? Miami's?
I don't think money necessarily gets you what you want. As the names get bigger, those guys have more options and other schools who are also willing to pay. Miami just had a bad year, so money or not, we're not a can't lose destination when top guys are thinking about their career. For me, these 2 hires are far better than some bland big names that are not part of the current cutting edge of football.

Advertisement
I admittedly am surprised Mario went Air Raid. Good for him. Dawson seems to get some heat from the board, but whatever.

Let’s revisit end of the season.

No, let's not revisit at the end of the season.

The "Mario will never hire an Air Raid guy" bros were adamant that it would never happen. They never said "let's see how/whether Mario modifies it". They just said it would never happen.

It happened.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
His run scheme is great.. we (houston) just couldn’t block worth a **** consistently.. and still scored more than 30 a game. well now he has Mario and Mirabel.. I’m positive we’ll score points
So pretty much Dawson + Cristobal/Mirabal = MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN?

That's a plus.

The best thing about this hire is that it shows Mario is willing to adapt and may not be as obstinate as I once thought. Mario is our guy. Let him continue to stack talent. The talent level disparity between us now and Kentucky 8 years ago is huge. And coaches do progress and mature so let's not be rash. Now, let's hit that portal!

Advertisement
Back