Shannon and Skip, Shannon keeping it 100

Why would I listen to a disingenuous pos? We'll see if he continues to get top 3 recruiting classes and the best players out of the portal. NIL is just getting started and ALL the best players aren't gonna congregate at three or so schools now. If things were status quo for him he wouldn't be in the media talking about Ruiz or aTm.
It's 9 different teams between 2000-2010, and 6 different teams from 2010-2020 with one of them winning it 5 times. That is a decrease in parity. People weren't crying for playoffs because it was the same teams year in year out, people were crying for the playoff because the ratings were obviously arbitrary and there wasn't a consensus on what two teams should play for the NC. You missed with the sport wasn't designed for parity.. whatever to that.
From 2000-10 8 different programs won. Texas, UF, Bama, USC, OU, LSU, AUB, OSU..11-present Bama, CU, FSU, OSU, UGA, LSU
& yes bro Ppl were for sure clamoring for a playoff system during that time thinking it would create parity for the Cinderellas like USF or Boise ST to get a shot. Only to find out just like with the BCS only 3 or 4 teams realistically have a shot due to the design of the sport. Meaning the top programs year over year can get the best talent…as for Saban again bro actually step back and listen. Bama is a have surrounded by a bunch of have nots. The haves will never be threatened by changes like NIL, playoff expansion or transfer portal. They’ll just adjust. Programs like WVU, Wyoming, Louisiana and other G5 lower p5 programs are the ones who will see it’s best players leave for nil and development at programs like Bama, Miami, Texas etc. We don’t need a 7-10 year sample size to see it won’t hurt them. This idea that Bama would fall off due to these rules was always laughable. TP is free agency with no legislation or salary cap..the top prospects will go to the best spots..Bama is that right now. And until that dude retires thers no realistic rule change that will change Bama being Bama..but hey maybe I’m wrong and they miss the Bama invitational this year and don’t sign a top 5 class..I doubt it tho

Advertisement
Miami has the college world shook
Not sure if average Pac 12 Big 12 or Big Ten fan know what's really going on in Miami. Our eco chamber and real football dudes yes, but not average fans across 'Merica... IMO. (moved down from Ohio to SWFL 3 years ago)

From 2000-10 8 different programs won. Texas, UF, Bama, USC, OU, LSU, AUB, OSU..11-present Bama, CU, FSU, OSU, UGA, LSU
& yes bro Ppl were for sure clamoring for a playoff system during that time thinking it would create parity for the Cinderellas like USF or Boise ST to get a shot. Only to find out just like with the BCS only 3 or 4 teams realistically have a shot due to the design of the sport. Meaning the top programs year over year can get the best talent…as for Saban again bro actually step back and listen. Bama is a have surrounded by a bunch of have nots. The haves will never be threatened by changes like NIL, playoff expansion or transfer portal. They’ll just adjust. Programs like WVU, Wyoming, Louisiana and other G5 lower p5 programs are the ones who will see it’s best players leave for nil and development at programs like Bama, Miami, Texas etc. We don’t need a 7-10 year sample size to see it won’t hurt them. This idea that Bama would fall off due to these rules was always laughable. TP is free agency with no legislation or salary cap..the top prospects will go to the best spots..Bama is that right now. And until that dude retires thers no realistic rule change that will change Bama being Bama..but hey maybe I’m wrong and they miss the Bama invitational this year and don’t sign a top 5 class..I doubt it tho
You leaving Miami out of the 2000-2010 list is really disconcerting considering where we are. There will be more haves now with NIL and that's gonna water down the teams that used to be the only haves. That definitely threatens their ability to stack as much talent as they're used to getting. Do you think it's better for a have not like wvu to play a stacked 'have' team or a watered down 'have' team? Once again, saban crying about NIL tells me all I need to know. The rest of it, we're just gonna have to wait and see.

You did not read my post. I said I was in favor of the NIL. I just think comparative resources should be part of the discussion about NIL.

Folks here are touchy when you simply ask about NIL amounts. I wonder why.
How would you know if I read your post or not? I did read the whole thing. The part in bold is the part I have a problem with. I think limiting resources for those that have more is a “salary cap.” I’m strongly against that because it limits earnings potential. Do you understand?

I never suggested a cap. I said I was fine with NIL.
I would like it to be more transparent but only so I’d know who has recruiting and retention advantages. What’s wrong with that?

Advertisement
You leaving Miami out of the 2000-2010 list is really disconcerting considering where we are. There will be more haves now with NIL and that's gonna water down the teams that used to be the only haves. That definitely threatens their ability to stack as much talent as they're used to getting. Do you think it's better for a have not like wvu to play a stacked 'have' team or a watered down 'have' team? Once again, saban crying about NIL tells me all I need to know. The rest of it, we're just gonna have to wait and see.
Your right. From the 2000/01 szn to 2010/11 Miami, lsu, OSU, usc, AU, UF, Bama, Texas (that’s 8, who am I missing?)

I have a perfect example for you, this off szn Alabama lost a 5star WR from the 21 class who only played last szn when 2 guys went down in the TP class to Texas..they replaced him with UGA Starting WR and Louisvilles best WR..Drew sanders another former 5star left Alabama for Arkansas because he couldn’t see the field at Bama..jaymir Gibbs who I think is the best Running back in nation transfered from GT to Bama. if you actually believe that the rest of CFB would catch up to and beat Bama, UGA etc etc at the top of the sport by acquiring Kids who couldn’t see the field at those places then that idea will be proven wrong..Bama uga etc will lose some good talent..but they will replace that with great talent. That will continue. If all things are equal rules wise, the bigger, more invested programs will always have the upper hand

Last edited:
Your right. From the 2000/01 szn to 2010/11 Miami, lsu, OSU, usc, AU, UF, Bama, Texas (that’s 8, who am I missing?)

I have a perfect example for you, this off szn Alabama lost a 5star WR from the 21 class who only played last szn when 2 guys went down in the TP class to Texas..they replaced him with UGA Starting WR and Louisvilles best WR..Drew sanders another former 5star left Alabama for Arkansas because he couldn’t see the field at Bama..jaymir Gibbs who I think is the best Running back in nation transfered from GT to Bama. if you actually believe that the rest of CFB would catch up to and beat Bama, UGA etc etc at the top of the sport by acquiring Kids who couldn’t see the field at those places then that idea will be proven wrong..Bama uga etc will lose some good talent..but they will replace that with great talent. That will continue. If all things are equal rules wise, the bigger, more invested programs will always have the upper hand

2010AuburnBCS
2009AlabamaBCS
2008FloridaBCS
2007LSUBCS
2006FloridaBCS
2005TexasBCS
2004Southern CaliforniaBCS
2003LSU, Southern CaliforniaBCS, AP, FWAA
2002Ohio StateBCS
2001Miami (Fla.)BCS
2000OklahomaBCS

OU, Miami, OSU, LSU, USCw, UT, F, bama, AU. 9 teams, 2 repetitions.

2021GeorgiaCFP
2020AlabamaCFP
2019LSUCFP
2018ClemsonCFP
2017AlabamaCFP
2016ClemsonCFP
2015AlabamaCFP
2014Ohio StateCFP
2013Florida StateBCS
2012AlabamaBCS
2011AlabamaBCS

bama, fsu, OSU, clemson, LSU, UGA. 6 teams with same two repetitions but with one team winning 5 times. That's most definitely less parity. Ask yourself, what are the major bag schools in p5? Well there they are with fsu thrown in. Without NIL is was going to stay those same few teams with the occasional fsu thrown in. Here's to hoping NIL spreads the players out that have been stacking in those same 4 or 5 teams. If those same stacked players get spread into 10 or 15 teams instead of 5, well then that's good for parity and good for college football.

Anybody that thinks those coaches care about every player yall wylin. They care about winning and making that bank bruh, not all coaches but the snakes and the kids know who the snakes are I dont gotta say it. And its usually the ones complaining

Advertisement
How exactly is HE threatened tho? The same thing was said about the playoffs being made..then it became the Bama invitational..then playoff expansion..that’s ridiculous. And who could forget transfer portal..Bama just Gets the best available..now this..as tho Bama doesn’t and won’t have a top 3 class again and didn’t have the number 2 class last cycle..so I ask again did you actually listen to the interview and what points he made…and lastly there was soooo much parity pior to 2010 when it came to naming a champion that even back then ppl were crying for a Playoff system ..fun fact from 2000-2010 8 different programs won a title..from 11-present that number is 6..parity never existed in cfb. The sport isn’t designed for there to be parity. Never was
Because top 3 is not good enough for Saban. THAT is the answer to your question. Did you miss him flipping out when he landed the #2 recruiting class?
Saban feels threatened by anything challenging his #1 position. Before NIL did he mention the “haves and have nots?” No. Why? Because he did not feel threatened.

Advertisement
If we wrote a map to success in college football what would it look like?

Get the best coaches. Get the best players. I think that's it.

Im not trying to be a prick, I just think the formula is simple. Executing the formula is not as easy as saying!

Yep!

Because top 3 is not good enough for Saban. THAT is the answer to your question. Did you miss him flipping out when he landed the #2 recruiting class?
Saban feels threatened by anything challenging his #1 position. Before NIL did he mention the “haves and have nots?” No. Why? Because he did not feel threatened.
Lol yeah ok. Again..did y’all actually listen to what he said?? Or did you go off headlines? His problem and most cfb coaches for that matter is the structure of NIL..dude is 70 and this Bama team might be his best..to think he’s “threatened” so he is voicing this opinion..yea i don’t see how that even correlates given the fact Bama is using both nil and the transfer portal as well as anyone

Advertisement
Lol yeah ok. Again..did y’all actually listen to what he said?? Or did you go off headlines? His problem and most cfb coaches for that matter is the structure of NIL..dude is 70 and this Bama team might be his best..to think he’s “threatened” so he is voicing this opinion..yea i don’t see how that even correlates given the fact Bama is using both nil and the transfer portal as well as anyone
You want to listen to his double talk, you go right ahead. I don't need to hear what he's saying to know why he's really crying. He's *****ing because this current 'best team' could very well be the last one where he's stacked well over his head in talent. His current team is primarily a BAG team. Bags are not going to cut it anymore. Kids can legally get paid now. He's not going to be able to throw a Dodge Charger at an unhappy depth guy and keep him by saying 'you think Miami will give you a charger?' Miami can offer the Charger and maybe even more now.. right on out in the open. He may be using the portal and NIL well, but he's not the only one using it well. AND THAT'S HIS PROBLEM. He does not want other teams to be able to purchase players like he's been doing since he was at LSU with Mark Emmert. He's used to be being the king of it all and one of only a few teams buying the majority of player talent. Showing up with a McDonalds bag isn't going to cut it anymore. The paid players are gonna get spread out among more teams. The only reason players are going to get spread out now is because of NIL. bama style bag were why only a few teams could stack overwhelming talent but NIL equalized that ****. If you can't see the clear reason he doesn't like his overwhelming advantage going away, I don't know what else to tell you.

edit: The dudes who were doing all the cheating are the ones complaining about NIL the loudest because that cheating advantage is gone now. There may never be a utopian competitive balance in college football because some teams are always willing to spend more on their programs. There was absolutely no competitive balance in football with certain teams cheating and the ncaa turning a blind eye to the bags. NIL wont fix the balance issues but it will **** sure make it better for the teams willing to spend money on their programs LEGALLY. Certain teams aren't going to be able to cheat their asses off like they have been for decades. Not only is it great that kids can profit from their hard work, but cutting the cheating off at it's knees is the bonus I really love.

Last edited:
I listened to all of his interviews. It’s great that he suddenly wants what is best for fans. Hallelujah. Dude almost singlehandedly ruined the sport with his multimillion dollar support staff, absurd waste on facilities and the behind the back alley booster deals. Great.
So NOW he is interested in an NFL model where there is actual parity.
Thank you, coach Saban for looking out for the little guy.

If anything, he want schools like Miami to suffer from limitations on how many 4 and 5 stars we land in the name of “the have nots.” Once that happens, expect him to enjoy watching the game from his living room.

I listened to all of his interviews. It’s great that he suddenly wants what is best for fans. Hallelujah. Dude almost singlehandedly ruined the sport with his multimillion dollar support staff, absurd waste on facilities and the behind the back alley booster deals. Great.
So NOW he is interested in an NFL model where there is actual parity.
Thank you, coach Saban for looking out for the little guy.

If anything, he want schools like Miami to suffer from limitations on how many 4 and 5 stars we land in the name of “the have nots.” Once that happens, expect him to enjoy watching the game from his living room.
Lol Miami is not a “have not” Miami was just not invested in its football up until now.. this funny..Bro he’s been talking about playing a 9 game conference schedule since like 2010..2020 they played a 10 game sec schedule and won the chip lol..all this stuff you saying he’s literally never said ..he used a NFL model as a example of what cfb hasn’t been but the direction big tv executives want to take since the nfl model is the most lucrative.

he’s not operating at a different set of rules..every school has the same opportunity to invest in its football operations..Alabama hired Saban and decided too do so at a level nobody else was willing too. And they’ve reaped the benefits on the field with titles and in profits by doing so..so how is that a waste?..look at Miami now..we’ve had this ability to do so but wanted to be cheap just getting by instead of being willing to invest so we could compete 365..to say he single handily ruined the sport? How? You want to know the ppl ruining what we love about the sport? Go look at the tv executives and the admin types doing everything for a profit..the fact is this NIL is a problem as currently constructed and all these head coaches feel that way..as a Yankees fan I get those evil empire vibes when it comes to how ppl look at Alabama lol..that’s cool. But he’s 💯 percent right on NIL..was right about the transfer portal as well. It’s on Miami to just beat the goat

Yea you sound like a HATER.

Why should their be a salary cap and why should they pay their own tuition..while on scholarship?. Really wanna hear the thoughts on it

Who told you that is what Rashada or Nico is getting though?.

In that case i also feel like regular students shouldnt get financial aid..why am i paying some tax to fund these regular ppl's enc 101 class and room and board?. Their parents should foot the whole bill or they need to hit the stripper pole or work somewhere. See how that sounds.

I personally am indifferent to NIL so dont attack me thinking im some fan of it because UM is doing a good job on it. I also was a college football player at one point.
There should be no salary caps for anything, and no one (i.e., current taxpayers) should be forced to foot the bill for anyone else (although currently that's exactly what I'm doing, obviously).

Advertisement
Back