Shane Larkin

Advertisement
Advertisement
SIAP - Shane Larkin became European Champ today with Efes Istanbul after a fine game against Barcelona (21 points 12/12 FT)
A great basketball game with Pau Gasol, Rodrigue Beaubois, Vasilije Micic....
Always nice to see our Canes succeed in Europe.
Jekiri also is having a good career

I still think Shane could find his way back to the league. Needed to improve his shooting and defense and seems like he has.

Advertisement
I still think Shane could find his way back to the league. Needed to improve his shooting and defense and seems like he has.

As I've said for a couple years now, Shane could find a backup PG gig in the NBA in a heartbeat.

He doesn't want to come back, that's really all there is to it.

I still don't know why he is not in the league,
He got tired of being misused. He would have had a shot in Dallas, had he not gotten hurt . Once you get tagged as a role guy, it's tough to get out. Bruce Brown is fighting that war right now...

Advertisement
Almost 60 years on and Rick Barry remains our marquee college/pro player. With John Salmons probably our second best. Not a good look.

He got tired of being misused. He would have had a shot in Dallas, had he not gotten hurt . Once you get tagged as a role guy, it's tough to get out. Bruce Brown is fighting that war right now...
Bruce Brown is a **** good NBA role player. Nothing more, nothing less. He will never be a star on any team, but he can make a long career out of being a good defender, tough rebounder, while chipping in 8 to 10 ppg off the bench.

Almost 60 years on and Rick Barry remains our marquee college/pro player. With John Salmons probably our second best. Not a good look.
James Jones had a **** solid career. You forget that Miami didn't have a program for over a decade. Miami may never have a ton of HOfers like UNC or UCLA,but there's no reason why this can't be a nationally competitive program. L has shown what you can do with this program with the right momentum, Ham did too. The problem is sustaining it, and that will always be an issue.

Advertisement
James Jones had a **** solid career. You forget that Miami didn't have a program for over a decade. Miami may never have a ton of HOfers like UNC or UCLA,but there's no reason why this can't be a nationally competitive program. L has shown what you can do with this program with the right momentum, Ham did too. The problem is sustaining it, and that will always be an issue.
His career as a GM has been better.

As I've said for a couple years now, Shane could find a backup PG gig in the NBA in a heartbeat.

He doesn't want to come back, that's really all there is to it.
He has become a huge star in Turkey, leads the Turkish national team, lives in Istanbul .... why would he even consider coming back to be a random player in the NBA in a US suburb home in Oklahoma or Indiana ?

I'm just surprised that 36 years AFTER the program was resurrected, we don't have any real top flight names to impress recruits (or just plain basketball fans) with. Barry, in his late 70s, is still the most recognizable name (college and pro HoFs, All-Century NBA team, league/playoff MVP, ROY, scoring champ, etc). Hard to believe that just blind luck wouldn't have gotten us one true marquee player since 1985.

I'm just surprised that 36 years AFTER the program was resurrected, we don't have any real top flight names to impress recruits (or just plain basketball fans) with. Barry, in his late 70s, is still the most recognizable name (college and pro HoFs, All-Century NBA team, league/playoff MVP, ROY, scoring champ, etc). Hard to believe that just blind luck wouldn't have gotten us one true marquee player since 1985.
Are you really surprised?

Advertisement
Back