Shane Larkin signs with the Boston Celtics

Advertisement
Apparently he turned down a $6.3 million 2 year deal to stay in Europe to take a 1 year, minimum salary with the Celtics which looks to be about $1.5 mil. He must really want to be back in the US. Glad he's doing what he wants.

That's quite a big $ difference. Europe must suck.

I'm guessing he's just betting on his own future. NBA salaries are sky-rocketing and if he can ball out this year he might be able to pick up a better contract than he could in Europe. Plus with him obviously coming from a loaded family, I'm also guessing just the prestige of being in the NBA is a lot more attractive to him than making more money in Europe.

Advertisement

I'm guessing he's just betting on his own future. NBA salaries are sky-rocketing and if he can ball out this year he might be able to pick up a better contract than he could in Europe. Plus with him obviously coming from a loaded family, I'm also guessing just the prestige of being in the NBA is a lot more attractive to him than making more money in Europe.

Seems like this. If he has a good year he could really make bank in the NBA.

Even the mid-level exception is now around $8 million per.

Europe will always be an option for him, while the NBA is pretty much now or never

Larkin - Boston
Mac - Wizards
Reed - Suns
Walker, Brown, and possibly Huell in the next year or two

We will have a nice contingent of NBA players. Does anyone know what's the most amount of NBA players we've ever had at once?

Larkin - Boston
Mac - Wizards
Reed - Suns

We will have a nice contingent of NBA players. Does anyone know what's the most amount of NBA players we've ever had at once?

We've never had more than 2 at a time. Tim James had a cup of coffee in the NBA and Salmons/JJ had long careers. Reed and Mac should be solid NBA players for a while and Walker/Brown could potentially be lottery picks.

Advertisement
Larkin - Boston
Mac - Wizards
Reed - Suns

We've never had more than 2 at a time. Tim James had a cup of coffee in the NBA and Salmons/JJ had long careers. Reed and Mac should be solid NBA players for a while and Walker/Brown could potentially be lottery picks.

In 12-13 we had Salmons, James Jones, and DeQuan Jones
in 13-14 and 14-15 we had Salmons, James Jones, and Shane Larkin

Seems like this. If he has a good year he could really make bank in the NBA.

Even the mid-level exception is now around $8 million per.

Europe will always be an option for him, while the NBA is pretty much now or never

This. The longer he's away from the NBA the harder it will be for him to come back

Advertisement
If the Cavs end up dealing Kyrie like he wants Shane may just end up in the finals this year. That would be pretty cool to see.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back