Shalala's Current Role

That being said, why is Donna taking a leadership role with the MLS/UM potential deal? I was under the impression, Shalala and the BOT, didn't want to fire Golden because they didn't want to commit to a new head coach without the new President's approval. It's a total contradiction.
This is the problem when Internet jibberjabber becomes fact. You guys bought into that whole jerky theory that they didn't fire Cooch Golden because they didn't want to saddle some nerd Mexican who thinks a football is full of candy with a new football coach?

Advertisement
Are you a season ticket holder & how many games do you attend every year? Just wondering.

First of all, I want to go on record by saying I believe Miami needs to leave Sun Life Stadium. If there is any opportunity of playing in the new stadium, Miami needs to take it. Miami needs to play closer to campus and/or the city. It would inject an incredible amount of buzz into the program and it could potentially save it. Unfortunately, I don't think it will happen.

That being said, why is Donna taking a leadership role with the MLS/UM potential deal? I was under the impression, Shalala and the BOT, didn't want to fire Golden because they didn't want to commit to a new head coach without the new President's approval. It's a total contradiction.

Advertisement
Back