SFL HS Facilities - American Heritage Plantation

My friend played softball at AH, she was a top player in the state...97% sure they didn’t make mom work. They make exceptions for their top athletes

Advertisement
Big believer that less is more in sports and in life. I’m training a middle school kid in basketball and we even use a really crappy ball and a pseudo ****** outdoor court/going out for 3 hours in 35-40 degrees so when we play pickup with other people and clearly much nicer hoops and a ball he performs better (among other things). It’s nice to have things but I’m pretty anti-privilege when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Honestly...
All that fancy **** is nice to have, but it doesn't necessarily produce better football players. And the state of Florida proves that. We have some of the worst facilities in the country and still produce the most D1 and NFL football players.
So they can have that ****.

What I would like to see for Florida is better coaching pay. Texas/Georgia obviously have the facilities AND the pay, but I'd gladly take just the pay.
A lot of coaches down here are doing it for free. Even as a coordinator I only get $2000. My buddy in GA coaches O-line and gets a $10k stipend. That's over 2x as much as a Head Coach in Florida. (plus his teaching salary is higher)

i remember one writer pointing out the contrast during the northwestern/carroll game in 2007: the southlake carroll team had some fancy contraption they could hook up to their shoulder pads to hydrate them, and the northwestern team was sharing jars of pickle juice.

of course northwestern won

Honestly...
All that fancy **** is nice to have, but it doesn't necessarily produce better football players. And the state of Florida proves that. We have some of the worst facilities in the country and still produce the most D1 and NFL football players.

What I would like to see for Florida is better coaching pay. Texas/Georgia obviously have the facilities AND the pay, but I'd gladly take just the pay.
A lot of coaches down here are doing it for free. Even as a coordinator I only get $2000. My buddy in GA coaches O-line and gets a $10k stipend. That's over 2x as much as a Head Coach in Florida. (plus his teaching salary is higher)

We’re talking about Broward Public Schools....shiiit. Don’t hold your breath.

You’d make about the same if you coached the girls tennis team

Advertisement
i remember one writer pointing out the contrast during the northwestern/carroll game in 2007: the southlake carroll team had some fancy contraption they could hook up to their shoulder pads to hydrate them, and the northwestern team was sharing jars of pickle juice.

of course northwestern won
I remember watching that game on TV.
Carroll was on like a 40 game winning streak or something like that.
Jacory was "bombs over Baghdad" that game, airing it out all over the place.

The speed difference in that game was blatant.

Compared to 1974 southwest high , one large warehouse fan for A/C in locker room .
You’d hang you jock on a little hook and the next day it stiff as a board practice uniform was always wet and smelly got washed once a week or you’d take it home yourself to wash.

Weight room was one broken universal machine the worst.

We never taped ankles to expensive our trainer was the science teacher whom never was around do if someone got hurt like I did the coach Skeens grabbed me by the shoulder pads and dragged me off the field as my dislocated the referee held my ankle so it wouldn’t drag on the grass.
I layed on the sideline alone about 15 minutes till the a Miami News sports reporters came and yelled A LITTLE HELP HERE MAN DOWN NEEDS HELP

AMAZING THE DIFFERENCE

GOCANES

Honestly...

When I coached up in Mass right out of college, I was a position coach and made $4k. And that’s the lowest paying public school district in the state.

my buddy was at Katy and was only a receivers coach and made $7k right out of college.

Bro wtf. No wonder kids from sc blow up late. I didn’t even consistently have access to the weight room as a basketball player. Our weight room was so ****** and small lol. I’ve only seen one school in South Carolina with extremely nice facilities and it’s been dubbed Dorman University and it’s not close to what hall are posting

Advertisement
I’ll never forget the first time I walked into Elsik High School in Houston in 1984. I did the first month of ninth grade there before we moved to Miami.
the school is about 1/4 mile from its rival School and they share a stadium. The weight rooms were under the bleachers.
But the entire athletic complex is freaking amazing. They have like 4 full tracks with 100 yard fields in each. 2 other open green spaces for sht like lacrosse. 12 full sized tennis courts. And the kicker of all of it is a **** indoor heated natatorium complete with full sized Olympic pool and a 10 meter platform.
Mind you, 3 years earlier I was in a public school in Brooklyn that had an asphalt playground with nothing on it except a **** spray painted wiffle ball diamond. We had to bring our own bats.
I thought I had enrolled in college or some sht.

And this was back in 1984!! I can only imagine how crazy it must be now

When I coached up in Mass right out of college, I was a position coach and made $4k. And that’s the lowest paying public school district in the state.

my buddy was at Katy and was only a receivers coach and made $7k right out of college.

Me next time I walk into the Deerfield High front office....
mad the rock GIF

When I graduated from Palmer Trinity in 94 we literally didn't have a gym (for lifting).

Advertisement
My friend played softball at AH, she was a top player in the state...97% sure they didn’t make mom work. They make exceptions for their top athletes
Parents probably paid.

Their "work" consist of sometime directing traffic for games, cleaning bleachers, classrooms, security detail during school sh-t like that...your friend or mom might not have mentioned it.

Softball ain't holding weight and they got football players parents doing this.

They don’t scholarship anyone. Sony’s parents worked at AH. I’m pretty sure a softball player’s parents either paid or worked there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back