Seth McLaughlin & other Bammers

Saban after the game.

dave chappelle hate GIF

Yep; the OL was one of the weakest it’s been in a while for Bamer. They were 122nd in sacks allowed, 95th in TFL allowed, & 46th in rushing. Compare that to 2022-23, when they weren’t even a CFP participant:

30th in Rushing
45th in Sacks Allowed
40th in TFLs

It was a precipitous drop off along the OL.

Advertisement
Yep; the OL was one of the weakest it’s been in a while for Bamer. They were 122nd in sacks allowed, 95th in TFL allowed, & 46th in rushing. Compare that to 2022-23, when they weren’t even a CFP participant:

30th in Rushing
45th in Sacks Allowed
40th in TFLs

It was a precipitous drop off along the OL.
Probably could have used Cohen.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
All I know, is on that 2nd down, with Bama driving, I couldn't help but notice how bad that LG blew his assignment and got beat to the punch and bulldozed by Graham on Michigan, putting Alabama way behind the sticks. While they would get it back and more on the very next play, I can't help but think that play (the third down pass) was meant for the TD, and the LG blowing his assignment and ******* up that drive.

McLaughlin on the 4th down was just icing on the cake, but that second down was the play.

and I'd like to tell Michigan, you're welcome for taking Javion Cohen from Alabama.

Alabama is likely in the national title game with Javion Cohen on the team. Its wild how the ripple effects of CFB can play out. That was the moment. Cool to see the butterfly effect.

If you're an upperclassman at Alabama and been there for a while...I'd be interested. Those guys are pros pros, even if they may not be at the talent level of one, they work like one because they've been there for a while and they do too many good things there for me to dismiss any of the players that have been there for a while.

Cohen was our best lineman last year. I'd take any of those upperclassmen. They are at worst, very useful. At best, they are your best in the position room and set a standard for work.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back