Seth Littrell

Would be the best realistic candidate IMO but not sure people will see enough in his record so far. He is building the next UCF at a tough place to win like North Texas. He will make some P5 very very good soon. Would be a much better choice in my opinion than Neal Brown who is winning at a place like Troy that always has solid teams and has alot more recruiting leeway.

Advertisement
He should be on the short list but I’ve said it before.

I want Campbell, Leipold, Brown, and possibly Rhule/babers to say no first.

Littrell is another nice name and would be very good if he brought Harrell along with him. He was a good (the last good UNC OC) and has done a nice job for three years at North Texas. Like Zbrod said, he shouldn't be a top 5 guy, but he would be in my top 10.

My top five (in order):

1. Matt Campbell
2. Dino Babers
3. Neal Brown
4. Aranda or Venables (tie). Consistently strong DCs year after year at top programs should be considered. Both have been consistently strong for a very long time against top competition.
5. Leach. Just the pure fascination of him in Miami. I actually think he'd be very good and would energize the program in a way that it hasn't been in a very long time. His coaching tree is impressive.

I want a guy that has done more with less. Period. And before anyone references Golden coming from Temple he actually UNDERACHIEVED there with the biggest recruiting budget in conference and never winning the conference in four years.

Advertisement
Would be the best realistic candidate IMO but not sure people will see enough in his record so far. He is building the next UCF at a tough place to win like North Texas. He will make some P5 very very good soon. Would be a much better choice in my opinion than Neal Brown who is winning at a place like Troy that always has solid teams and has alot more recruiting leeway.

0-3 in bowls

Got smoked by utah st this yr

Lost to neal brown last yr

Littrell is another nice name and would be very good if he brought Harrell along with him. He was a good (the last good UNC OC) and has done a nice job for three years at North Texas. Like Zbrod said, he shouldn't be a top 5 guy, but he would be in my top 10.

My top five (in order):

1. Matt Campbell
2. Dino Babers
3. Neal Brown
4. Aranda or Venables (tie). Consistently strong DCs year after year at top programs should be considered. Both have been consistently strong for a very long time against top competition.
5. Leach. Just the pure fascination of him in Miami. I actually think he'd be very good and would energize the program in a way that it hasn't been in a very long time. His coaching tree is impressive.

I want a guy that has done more with less. Period. And before anyone references Golden coming from Temple he actually UNDERACHIEVED there with the biggest recruiting budget in conference and never winning the conference in four years.

That’s why I’m all for Seth. What he is doing with a program that has struggled previously is the key. It’s similar to what Babers did at Bowling Green before Syracuse hired him. Troy was winning before Neal, and will after him. It’s more about the players they accept than the coach with them, similar to Marshall.

I had never heard of him, but after reading his bio, he seems like a very good coach. I wouldn’t hate it if he was hired.

Advertisement
I want someone with established success at a Power 5 whose still hungry. We got it half right with Richt but the dude said himself that he was going to retire until talking to Miami.

Advertisement
Back