Serious Question

Advertisement
I'm sure he could get some level of college job right now if he really wanted, but why would he? He's 64.

Advertisement
BBB club - butch only wants to coach at miami to right his wrong
NOT BBB club - no one else wants butch
Reality - he gets paid enough to do nothing at ESPN so only the Miami Job and writing his wrong interest him.
Real Reality - he isn't a long term coaching solution.
Miami Reality - we have never had a long term coaching solution.

Reality - he gets paid enough to do nothing at ESPN so only the Miami Job and writing his wrong interest him.

/close thread....

/close message board

So we have the benefit of waiting?

Advertisement

Yes, but for what? There are reasons it should be done this week. If there is a compelling reason to wait, then wait. (Talking to Herman, for example)

Yes, but for what? There are reasons it should be done this week. If there is a compelling reason to wait, then wait. (Talking to Herman, for example)

I am waiting for 1 of 2 things (because of our situation with Butch):

1. Firing in the NFL, or

2. Current College HC wants out of their gig

If I were Butch and Miami passed on me again, I'd do everything in my power to land another job in the Coarstal.

Maybe GT next year. (If he gets word, maybe even this year lol)

counter question

If not Butch or Mark.....why are monkey boy and the rest of the stooges coaching prospects?

If we dont get Mark or Butch just bring fuggin Al Golden back.

Advertisement

1. Firing in the NFL, or

1. You cannot wait for this. The Harbaugh thing was a one-off. Their season still has over a month left. The caveat to this is, you know for a fact someone is getting fired, and that someone has already agreed to take the job. I don't believe this is the case. But you can't wait, hoping for someone to get fired. It just hamstrings the guy you do hire, if no NFL candidate emerges.

2. This I could see. We're only talking about another few days here.

The ESPN job is a comfortable gig, and Butch looks comfortable at it...At least he wouldn't have James to answer to....

Advertisement

IMO, The Butch reality is that he assumed Miami would be cheap and lazy on this hire, and thought he was be the easy pick with the fan support.

He had no clue we would pay what we're rumored to be willing to pay, and had no clue a guy like Mark Richt would be available.

1. Firing in the NFL, or

1. You cannot wait for this. The Harbaugh thing was a one-off. Their season still has over a month left. The caveat to this is, you know for a fact someone is getting fired, and that someone has already agreed to take the job. I don't believe this is the case. But you can't wait, hoping for someone to get fired. It just hamstrings the guy you do hire, if no NFL candidate emerges.

Saban was hired on 1/3/2007

Harbaugh is a second name (12/30/14)

It happens, coaches get fired or give up in the pros, so too me it is worth the wait for another week or 2.

1. Firing in the NFL, or

Saban was hired on 1/3/2007

Harbaugh is a second name (12/30/14)

It happens, coaches get fired or give up in the pros, so too me it is worth the wait for another week or 2.

Again, you're talking about two exceptions. Both those were known well in advance by the school (even though Saban denied it for awhile). We don't have that right now. And if you wait, then you are giving the new guy about a month before NSD. Cannot do that based on hope.

1. Firing in the NFL, or

Don't you think we have a finger on the pulse
Im sure they gauged Kelly interest
you think a great NFL coach is going to get fired all the sudden

You wait if you want Chud or similar that is about all waiting will do now

Advertisement
Back