Serious question: At this point, does ANYONE have ANY idea

BuddyRyans46

Thunderdome
as to when the NCAA is going to FINALLY announce our punishment? Seriously...does ANYONE have even the slightest idea? Just curious, because all I heard from January, was that it was DEFINITELY going to come down at some point over the summer (July/August), and obviously, that wasn't the case, and now no one seems to be discussing it. Any chance they just plumb forgot about us?! or decided to just "drop the issue" altogether?!! :D:D:neonu:

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
An interesting theory I was pondering (although probably not sound). I just didn't want to waste everyone's time by starting a new thread. Now that the opportunity has arisen, however...

Do you think the NCAA is waiting to see if we are relevant (i.e., post Florida State game)? Miami is a polarizing team, but we make for good tv ratings. There might be general outcry if Miami is in the midst of a march to a bcs bowl and they step in and ***** everything up. It is a totally crazy thought, but perhaps they keep waiting because we keep winning. More collusion than I give them credit for, but thought I would indulge a conspiracy theory since there appears to be no rational explanation for the delay.

I am waiting until after Thanksgiving to ask this question.

We're undefeated. We already beat Florida. We have one of the best coaches in America. Do what I did in August and decide to live in the now. Enjoy this season and f*ck those communists.

Advertisement
I don't mean to derail this thread by being serious for a moment, but isn't the COI scheduled to meet again at the end of this month? That would seem to be a logical time to announce, if true.

An interesting theory I was pondering (although probably not sound). I just didn't want to waste everyone's time by starting a new thread. Now that the opportunity has arisen, however...

Do you think the NCAA is waiting to see if we are relevant (i.e., post Florida State game)? Miami is a polarizing team, but we make for good tv ratings. There might be general outcry if Miami is in the midst of a march to a bcs bowl and they step in and ***** everything up. It is a totally crazy thought, but perhaps they keep waiting because we keep winning. More collusion than I give them credit for, but thought I would indulge a conspiracy theory since there appears to be no rational explanation for the delay.

No. They're too incompetent to even think of trying something like that.

The COI length of ruling usually takes well over 4 months, especially for big cases like this. When it happens, it happens. No rhyme or reason really.

Advertisement
Sorry, guys. Didn't mean to bring up a sore point, but I just don't understand the reason for the delay in simply announcing our punishment!

Advertisement
Back