Serious Question: Are we recruiting anyone?

rwrig

Recruit
I haven't seen or heard Miami being mentioned with any recruits? Did we just say the **** with recruiting and rebuilding through the portal?

Advertisement
Not much recruiting going on, Diaz knows he is gone so he is burning down any chance of this team getting better the next few years

We offered two new Corners & a couple OL’s just last week.

Also hosted a few recruits to the GTech game on unofficial visits.

But we’re not going hard for too many other spots & there’s also not much traction taking place because the season was a fail & the word is out that Manny is a goner.

Which is why it would’ve been more advantageous to just rip the bandaid off quicker or do what LSU did & announce a departure at the end of the season, because then you get a better gauge of which coaches will be interested in the job & that is always something that can be sold to recruits.

But likely, they are waiting before they make any moves until they know they have Mario secured.

Last edited:

But we’re not going hard for too many other spots & there’s also not much traction taking place because the season was a fail & the word is out that Manny is a goner.

Which is why it would’ve been more advantageous to just rip the bandaid off quicker or do what LSU did & announce a departure at the end of the season, because then you get a better gauge of which coaches will be interested in the job & that is always something that can sold to recruits.

But likely, they are waiting before they make any moves until they know they have Mario secured.
Lol, The people who say Manny is a goner are people posting on web sites. Tell us who put the word out Manny is goner. Mario aint coming here, Oregon's freaking loaded with Nike money currently they in the college playoff to come to a team that hasnt been relevant in 20 years.

Advertisement
Lol, The people who say Manny is a goner are people posting on web sites. Tell us who put the word out Manny is goner. Mario aint coming here, Oregon's freaking loaded with Nike money currently they in the college playoff to come to a team that hasnt been relevant in 20 years.
I have no idea if Mario is interested, but I am tired of the "Nike money" crap. Nike doesn't give a tone of money to Oregon football; they give stuff - equipment, buildings, etc.. Anyone who does any research can see this. Mario is 26th in coaching salary.

The total salary for Oregon assistant coaches is about $6 million. That makes them the 13th ranked public school.

These are very good numbers. They are not holy s*** numbers.

No, they're probably not top level SEC numbers, but believe the 2021 figures for assistant coaches are significantly more than Miami is allocating.

I have no idea if Mario is interested, but I am tired of the "Nike money" crap. Nike doesn't give a tone of money to Oregon football; they give stuff - equipment, buildings, etc.. Anyone who does any research can see this. Mario is 26th in coaching salary.

The total salary for Oregon assistant coaches is about $6 million. That makes them the 13th ranked public school.

And that aint stop Willie from cranking up the bus and hightailing outta there to fsu either

Shame on you for bringing facts and not suckering to the hyperbole that is Oregon could buy the United States w their Nike money mantra.

Advertisement
Shame on you for bringing facts and not suckering to the hyperbole that is Oregon could buy the United States w their Nike money mantra.
Oregon has never been a big spender program, but they do have the support of their boosters & are willing to invest into becoming a winning program, because they actually care.

It’s not so much that Oregon’s boosters can rival Texas, TAMU, Bama, UGA etc, it’s just that whatever they’re willing to put in the pot is exponentially more than anything that the Miami guys are ever willing to put in lol.

Oregon has never been a big spender program, but they do have the support of their boosters & are willing to invest into becoming a winning program, because they actually care.

It’s not so much that Oregon’s boosters can rival Texas, TAMU, Bama, UGA etc, it’s just that whatever they’re willing to put in the pot is exponentially more than anything that the Miami guys are ever willing to put in lol.

Facts, unfortunately.

Theres going to be 19-22 coaching openings, Not including possibly Florida, Ucla and even Penn state. If Mario leaves Oregon he will have his pick of Jobs. My guess LSU or if Florida opens up which might be the best job in the country.

Advertisement
Theres going to be 19-22 coaching openings, Not including possibly Florida, Ucla and even Penn state. If Mario leaves Oregon he will have his pick of Jobs. My guess LSU or if Florida opens up which might be the best job in the country.
I have a hard time imagining Mario in Gainesville of all places

Mario is going to get paid big bucks to stay at Oregon if they make the playoffs. My guess is top 10 easily. Maybe top 5.

Which is why it would’ve been more advantageous to just rip the bandaid off quicker or do what LSU did & announce a departure at the end of the season, because then you get a better gauge of which coaches will be interested in the job & that is always something that can be sold to recruits.

Wait did I miss something? Rumblings of Manny gone regardless of finish?

Advertisement
Florida the best job in the country? Why have only two coaches been successful there?

Corner back recruiting made a huge and I mean huge impact on this game.
And a 3 win fsu team has a dude like cooper on the team and 2 studs on their current class.
And we have the best db recruiter in the nation that surprise!!!! Manny can’t get along with and has been rumored to already have a job waiting.
Anyone thinking that graves and Rodgers are gonna stick once trob leaves is dreaming. And we will be stuck again with shty *** corners. Don’t even get me started in linebackers.
FSU’s class is gonna stick while whatever it is we have is falling apart.
Everyone is in La La land and pegging their hopes on Cristobal. If he comes (and that’s an Everest sized if) it will be way after nsd and we will be portal and scrap metal shopping.
You all have to understand that the bag droppers and frontrunners are now aware of the importance of the portal. MSU and tucker let the cat completely out of the bag. I’m telling you that Clemson is gonna throw their church at the portal and any playoff team that doesn’t win it all is gonna splash the pot as well.
3 classes manny found a way to Fck it up and he couldn’t salvage anything with the portal except some marginal defensive end that isn’t getting drafted.
Thank you Blake.

Advertisement
Back