Serious Discussion re: alabaga's Recruiting Decline

I know many have for several years just assumed alabaga would have the top recruiting class and find it difficult that 2018 and forward will mark an end to their recruiting dominance, not success. I don't follow alabaga's recruiting much, but I do know of their success in snagging the "top" talent from other states and SoFl specifically. As an example of their recruiting decline, I point to:

Example A: Jobe, Pope and Gurvan for Miami. These were prospects alabaga desperately wanted and traditionally would have got, but not this time 2018. It's reasonable to assume they now have to move on to Plan B guys.

I'm sure others here, more in touch with recruiting, can list some other top talent from other regions/states alabaga was recruiting, but opted to stay home or go elsewhere. By building a list we can clearly show the affect other teams success and coaching changes is having on alabaga's recruiting. Feel free to list the kids you know, that have committed elsewhere instead of alabaga.

Advertisement
Advertisement
premature-celebration-5.gif

I'm not sure if it's entirely on point, but I'd just like to make the observation that Tuscaloosa is a ****hole, surrounded by a sea of racist rednecks.

Advertisement
They will get there's still but every team in america will decline because we r bac. Every team will drop off cause of the fence

I know many have for several years just assumed alabaga would have the top recruiting class and find it difficult that 2018 and forward will mark an end to their recruiting dominance, not success. I don't follow alabaga's recruiting much, but I do know of their success in snagging the "top" talent from other states and SoFl specifically. As an example of their recruiting decline, I point to:

Example A: Jobe, Pope and Gurvan for Miami. These were prospects alabaga desperately wanted and traditionally would have got, but not this time 2018. It's reasonable to assume they now have to move on to Plan B guys.

I'm sure others here, more in touch with recruiting, can list some other top talent from other regions/states alabaga was recruiting, but opted to stay home or go elsewhere. By building a list we can clearly show the affect other teams success and coaching changes is having on alabaga's recruiting. Feel free to list the kids you know, that have committed elsewhere instead of alabaga.

Bama is pretty sure they're still in it with a lot of these kids. Are you so sure they're wrong?

Bama is pretty sure they're still in it with a lot of these kids. Are you so sure they're wrong?

I'm not sure about anything in recruiting because things are fluid, but I'm certain that if Jobe, Hall and Pope stay with us then there are three guys that I can say are examples their recruiting missed on this time. Never said they wouldn't be a recruiting success, see my first sentence. For those who know military strategy know that by limiting an opponents access to resources impacts their effectiveness. Rather it's ball bearing factories in Germany, radar sites in Iraq or human assets in SoFl. Resourse limitation to any functional degree affects the opponent.

Clemson only had room for 14 last year.. I think Bama is pressed for space. But to OPs point. Bama survives on a SoFl stud or two in every class.

Advertisement

first off its May bruh, I wouldn't count out Bama and those shady bagman they have for any of those kids you mentioned when its may and Bama has so much time to weasel their ways in.

Secondly over the years they lost Kirby, Cristobal, Kiffin, and Napier and replaced them all with recruiters who were a step down from them. Recruiting had to eventually take a hit but Im sure they will rack up their usual top kids come NSD

Idk if it has had any effect on recruiting yet but it seems that the NFL is starting to look at alabama players as some what damaged goods. The think the are over worked and in on too many plays. I don't remember the stats I am sure someone can look it up but alabama starters are in on way more snaps than avg vs starters on other teams

Retarded thread is retarded. Until Bama is taken down on the field their recruiting isn't slowing down. One it's early and two they have never been that big of a presence in SFLA anyway. It's seems they have been because they dip in and only take difference makers but numbers wise it hasn't really been a hot bed for them. FSU LSU and the Suckeyes have done more damage in SFLA than them. Now this year there happens to be a bunch of difference makers in SFLA and thus far outside x Williams we are keeping them out but they won't stop pursuing them and even if they miss they will get replacements from elsewhere. A stack that Baga finishes in the top 5.

Advertisement
Bruh this is retarded.
I think Bama might be getting a small class this year (close to 20), which will absolutely be the only reason they don't finish with the top class. But, neither will we. Theres almost no chance in **** we finish #1 . In order to do that we would definitely need to get Parsons or some other 5* guys or two.
This isn't Bama falling off at recruiting. This is what Miami finally getting coaches who are good looks like. We'll see if we finish top 5 this year, but I'll guarantee you Bama does, even with a small class.

Advertisement
Back