Other Sports Serena

I’ll bite...Who’s been a more dominant tennis player than her??

Well lets see:
Steffi Graff played almost 200 more matches than her and has 32 LESS losses.
Steffi Graff has 30 more titles than her.
Steffi Graff has more than 60 more weeks at #1

Look at Serena's GS wins. She was beating up on nobodies after 2011. Her biggest competition during her main run was Henin who she had a losing record against at GS and Capriati who also had a winning record against her at slams. Her biggest "rival" was Sharapova, another overrated player. Not really impressed by the WTA tour now when Lucie Safarova was making slams finals, a nobody btw.

So to cap it off Serena's 1 slam over Graff shouldn't make her the best when Graff wrecks her at everything else and played less years.

Advertisement
Well lets see:
Steffi Graff played almost 200 more matches than her and has 32 LESS losses.
Steffi Graff has 30 more titles than her.
Steffi Graff has more than 60 more weeks at #1

Look at Serena's GS wins. She was beating up on nobodies after 2011. Her biggest competition during her main run was Henin who she had a losing record against at GS and Capriati who also had a winning record against her at slams. Her biggest "rival" was Sharapova, another overrated player. Not really impressed by the WTA tour now when Lucie Safarova was making slams finals, a nobody btw.

So to cap it off Serena's 1 slam over Graff shouldn't make her the best when Graff wrecks her at everything else and played less years.
Thank you for your thoughtful educated response. Your argument is very valid. Graff was actually my favorite female tennis player before Serena started dominating. I think Serena played legit competition but since she was so dominant they seemed like scrubs. Her serve is so lethal and powerful it was hard for opponents to have a service return game against her. That’s the main reason she dominated so easily. I will concede that she may not be the best all around tennis player of all time but I still believe she is the most dominant tennis player of all time male or female. Unfortunately she has been knocked down a few notches after having a child and is not the same as she was a few years ago kind of like what happened with Tiger with his back and cheating scandal. I think Tigers road block is psychological though. I still feel Serena has enough in the tank to break the grand slam record and will be rooting for her until she retires. I was a huge Pete Samprass fan back in the day too. Once again thank you for your mature response and insight. That is lacking sometimes on this site and people start attacking each other without honest debate like mature adults.

Advertisement
Back