Semi OT - Ruiz Private Jet

Advertisement
@Timmy T-Bag$ .....Oops...You aren't a Butch Hater....my bad
View attachment 183462
**** nah Bro I am a Butch Soldier!!! I thought he was a fantastic coach and what he did under the circumstances he inherited is nothing short of a miracle. You can debate his game day coaching decisions (I don’t think he was terrible at that) but NOBODY and I mean NOBODY can argue his talent evaluation and bringing in the right players and setting the culture. In regards to that he is unmatched. This was before all the recruiting rankings from various sites you could utilize. If UM would have ponied up some coin and he stayed we would be arguing between him and Satan for best college coach of all time. That’s even if Satan would have been able to amass the talent he did with UM already running as a well oiled machine with many national championships by the time he got to Bama.

Yeah man; that 747 had my eyes wiiiide open bro. I didn’t completely comprehend just a Marvel such a beast of an aircraft was, but sheesh. The amount of cargo it can carry w/o even a hitch of complication is awe astonishing.

Cherish that memory bro; wish I had the privilege of boarding one or just seeing one in the flesh.
Flew on one to San Juan years ago and the **** thing spooled on the runway lifted off like you were in your living couch, got to 35K and you literally could not feel the movement of motion in that thing. It was like a flying box with hundreds of people. Smoothest flight I have ever had, and on approach to land just settled like a seagull on the ocean waves...smooth as silk. A little loud I will give you that, but very very cool.
My wife looked at me after the flight and said "that was something, one of the best flights we have had in years"..
This from a guy who is a frequent flyer on all types of aircraft.....loved that old behemoth.....great memories, and they are cherished...

Advertisement
Yes, and Travolta lives in a "fly-in" community in Ocala, he has access to a private airstrip in the neighborhood.

1650920410430.png

Let me clarify, Air Bus is a totally separate company; I’m well aware of that. The model I saw was the 747 Dream Lifter (not in person, but a sketch & computer animation)…it was referred to as their air bus, by my cousin, not “an” Air Bus.

If u’re ever in L.A, there’s an aviation museum on the backside of LAX. I haven’t been in a while, but I’m pretty sure they r back open after Covid. My cousin worked for Boeing for yrs, man. It was his first job straight from college back in the late 80’s.

Crazy to think that SR71 was conceived in one of those warehouses by LAX. Talk about hiding in plain site.

One of my all-time favorite planes. LOVE that plane.

Have you read the book by Ben Rich, who was the Project Manager of SR71 development? It is a relatively short read but nonetheless very informative and fascinating how they had to "invent" technology to support the goal of that plane. American ingenuity at its best.

Advertisement
Have you read the book by Ben Rich, who was the Project Manager of SR71 development? It is a relatively short read but nonetheless very informative and fascinating how they had to "invent" technology to support the goal of that plane. American ingenuity at its best.

No, but I would love to read that book.

I do remember reading an article on the SR-71 when I was a kid, maybe it was in Reader's Digest or something. It was talking about the fact that because the SR-71 flew so high and fast and under extreme temperatures, that the plane was actually getting "stronger" with age. Blew my teenaged mind.

Used to want to be a pilot/astronaut when I was a kid (growing up near the Space Coast), I built model airplanes and launched those balsa wood rockets, earned the Aviation merit badge on my way to Eagle Scout. Somewhere along the way, I got nervous about committing to a ROTC scholarship, and then I ended up hating UM Engineering anyhow.

My nephew is doing aeronautical engineering at UCF now, so I get to live vicariously.

You’ve probably heard this before….but I love this story…

Advertisement
No, but I would love to read that book.

I do remember reading an article on the SR-71 when I was a kid, maybe it was in Reader's Digest or something. It was talking about the fact that because the SR-71 flew so high and fast and under extreme temperatures, that the plane was actually getting "stronger" with age. Blew my teenaged mind.

Used to want to be a pilot/astronaut when I was a kid (growing up near the Space Coast), I built model airplanes and launched those balsa wood rockets, earned the Aviation merit badge on my way to Eagle Scout. Somewhere along the way, I got nervous about committing to a ROTC scholarship, and then I ended up hating UM Engineering anyhow.

My nephew is doing aeronautical engineering at UCF now, so I get to live vicariously.
I agree Skunk Works is a great book imo.
Amazon product ASIN 0316743003

Advertisement
Not sure why people are still doubting Ruiz..

But he has repeatedly proven himself and put his $$$ where his mouth is.

He has convinced banks he's worth billions. Buying the 2nd most expensive home ever sold in Dade county
He's convinced the University of Miami he can help, and that's with Rad and Mario in charge, not just some "desperate leaders" like we had before...
He's won lawsuits against the government and other large corps...
He had a private commercial airliner built for himself
Him and his family are all Miami alum...
He owns multiple valuable businesses
He's already written checks to dozens of players including our star QB
He's helped convince not just football players, but even male and female basketball players to transfer to Miami...

But some Miami fans are still like 🤨🤨🤨... "Hmmm, this guy is suspicious..."

I guess battered fan syndrome and it just seems too good to be true.

So he's probably dropping 150 mil or so for this....not too shabby. Just did a 2 sec google comparison.

"Roman Abramovich's Boeing 767-33A ER – 170 million USD

The custom aircraft is even fitted with an anti-missile system. The Boeing 767-33A ER has a maximum speed of 850 km/h and a maximum flight range of 11,090 kilometers, enough to fly from London to Singapore non-stop."

lol so flares and chaff

Good luck avoiding those missiles though

Advertisement
Back