SEC Dominance

The SEC "dominance" can be attributed to three people.

Nick Saban: He built the 2007 LSU championship team and frankly their entire program, and then went to Bama after a year and built them into a 3 time champ and perennial contender.

Urban Meyer: He came to a middling UF team and won a billion games quickly including two titles.

Cam Newton's dad: Auctioned his son off like a slave to the highest bidder, and Auburn ponied up.

That is the entirety of the "7 in a row" nonsense. Everything else is riding off coattails, and it's spiraled out of control.

Les Miles was in his 3rd season at LSU when he took them to a title. He took them again in his 7th year. What that also only because of Saban?

Advertisement
The SEC "dominance" can be attributed to three people.

Nick Saban: He built the 2007 LSU championship team and frankly their entire program, and then went to Bama after a year and built them into a 3 time champ and perennial contender.

Urban Meyer: He came to a middling UF team and won a billion games quickly including two titles.

Cam Newton's dad: Auctioned his son off like a slave to the highest bidder, and Auburn ponied up.

That is the entirety of the "7 in a row" nonsense. Everything else is riding off coattails, and it's spiraled out of control.

Les Miles was in his 3rd season at LSU when he took them to a title. He took them again in his 7th year. What that also only because of Saban?

His entire upper class was Saban kids. He hasn't won ish since then and LSU fans hate the dude.

Don't talk to me about 7 in a row when 4 are attributed to one coach who everyone knows is the GOAT, and 2 others are attributed to one of the other 4 best coaches of the decade. It's ridiculous.

Your insecurities and jealousies are showing. Let's revisit this thread after the tournament.

Would any of you feel very comfortable with Oregon or FSU over Alabama on a neutral field? If so, you're a goddam football chick. And the 'crush 90% at Autzen statement" is idiotic. I'm an Oregon fan, but they lost to Arizona at home. Badly. The notion that they'd certainly woodshed anyone in the top half of the SEC is pure fantastic conjecture based on hope.

This thread, now a weekly installment, reveals just how ****made this fan base has become. I suppose we're done not giving a **** about nobody but this U, eh?

We got a Gator infiltrating our board, fellas.

Your insecurities and jealousies are showing. Let's revisit this thread after the tournament.

Would any of you feel very comfortable with Oregon or FSU over Alabama on a neutral field? If so, you're a goddam football chick. And the 'crush 90% at Autzen statement" is idiotic. I'm an Oregon fan, but they lost to Arizona at home. Badly. The notion that they'd certainly woodshed anyone in the top half of the SEC is pure fantastic conjecture based on hope.

This thread, now a weekly installment, reveals just how ****made this fan base has become. I suppose we're done not giving a **** about nobody but this U, eh?

Whatever Biscuits.............by the way go cook some biscuits, brah!

Advertisement
SEC bias has been around at least since the 80's, I remember watching the Canes beat Florida after the announcers would be riding Gator **** the whole **** game. Now that they have cheating down to a fine art form, they are now a legit power conference. It won't last forever and the Canes have to do what they did in the past and start taking them down, one team at a time.

The whole "Is the SEC the beat conference" debate is kind of like the global warming "debate".

You can deny it all you want but you're just wrong every time. Deal with it.

I think a lot of you are missing the point.

-Is the SEC the best conference? In the last 10 years or so, yes. It doesn't mean that they are as elite as people are making them out to be though. Someone hit the nail on the head when they said the SEC is frontloaded in the preseason rankings, so when a team is ranked #8 instead of #20 where they belong, that loss to them doesn't look as bad. That top 5 team that lost to them only drops 2-3 spots instead of 10-12 spots like everyone else does.

SEC is the toughest, but the media and SEC fans would have you believe that the top half of the SEC is as good or better than the top 2 in any other conference and that's just bull****. The top 2-3 in the SEC yes, but the rest tend to be just like everyone else and riding the coattails of those who are on top.

1-2 elite teams does not make a conference as a whole elite.

Advertisement
SEC is clearly the best conference. The lack of caring for education and the amount of cheating they do means they should be MUCH further ahead, though. They are underachieving as a conference.

The SEC has the highest paid head coaches in CFB.
Saban tops them all at $7.2 mil.
You think we can steal away an SEC coach? Really?

How important is a top head coach anyway?

Advertisement
Back