SEC Athletic Directors meet in Birmingham with Greg Sankey, SEC commissioner

Advertisement
Two weeks aren't making any difference. Dumb people really seem to be subscribing to Trumps "One day you'll wake up and covid will be gone".
its still going to be around, just have to learn to live it, including playing college football. What if another virus with similar attributes comes next year, do we shut down again and wait for a vaccine. At some point you get on with life, even with ICU units full, 1000 people dying very day. etc.

Advertisement
its still going to be around, just have to learn to live it, including playing college football. What if another virus with similar attributes comes next year, do we shut down again and wait for a vaccine. At some point you get on with life, even with ICU units full, 1000 people dying very day. etc.

College football is a luxury. If we encounter a second epidemic without a vaccine or treatment football won't be the only luxury you'll lose. We need to circle the wagons and focus are effort on defeating this one. All this half measure bull**** if for defeatist.

College football is a luxury. If we encounter a second epidemic without a vaccine or treatment football won't be the only luxury you'll lose. We need to circle the wagons and focus are effort on defeating this one. All this half measure bull**** if for defeatist.
You're entitled to feel anyway you want but why come to a college football board to talk about this??? I mean what kind of answers are expecting to get here??? The convo you're looking for is on other sites that deal with this content directly and yes they talk about the sporting aspect of it as well....
Please don't take this in a manner that suggests that I'm trying to jump on you , I'm not....
For the most part people just wanna talk football and the hopeful positives that could come out of playing ball this season....
To just keep repeating the same things over and over really isn't doing much of anything... I mean you see the engagement you get from people when you get into it... what are you expecting to be different once engagement begins???

You're entitled to feel anyway you want but why come to a college football board to talk about this??? I mean what kind of answers are expecting to get here??? The convo you're looking for is on other sites that deal with this content directly and yes they talk about the sporting aspect of it as well....
Please don't take this in a manner that suggests that I'm trying to jump on you , I'm not....
For the most part people just wanna talk football and the hopeful positives that could come out of playing ball this season....
To just keep repeating the same things over and over really isn't doing much of anything... I mean you see the engagement you get from people when you get into it... what are you expecting to be different once engagement begins???

He’s just here to talk politics, Covid, and shill at this point. That’s his shtick now. He doesn’t want a football season under any circumstances. Easier to just scroll by.

It’s interesting you have to ask yourself why sports are starting up in the first place? I would say it’s to keep revenue streams flowing. Yes, for greedy owners. If that’s true then technically speaking D1 football is the most important revenue stream since it pays for other sports and scholarships. Funny, haven’t seen that argument anywhere. You really think major league soccer gains more revenue on tv with this silly tournament? More than college football?

Advertisement
This might be the most pathetic take I have ever seen on this site :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:

The president and my personal hero has proclaimed that the virus will dissappear one day!

Football message board guyz tell me it is here to stay and we have to live with it or be a puzzy?!

Which extremely intelligent side do I pick?!

It’s interesting you have to ask yourself why sports are starting up in the first place? I would say it’s to keep revenue streams flowing. Yes, for greedy owners. If that’s true then technically speaking D1 football is the most important revenue stream since it pays for other sports and scholarships. Funny, haven’t seen that argument anywhere. You really think major league soccer gains more revenue on tv with this silly tournament? More than college football?

It has been mentioned over and over again how vital the revenue is. Everyone knows that’s why they are trying to have a season so bad. Entire athletic departments could fold without football. Sankey mentioned this in his interview pretty much. He said the ramifications of his decisions could impact years down the line.

It has been mentioned over and over again how vital the revenue is. Everyone knows that’s why they are trying to have a season so bad. Entire athletic departments could fold without football. Sankey mentioned this in his interview pretty much. He said the ramifications of his decisions could impact years down the line.
I’m not talking about people in the industry though. I bring this up because a big reason we won’t have college football has to do with non sports fans.

Advertisement
Dude gets a throbbing hard on over this and won't stfu already.

Advertisement
Back