SEC Appears Set to Move to 9 Conference Games & No Divisions

CaneinBroward

Recruit
https://www.espn.com/college-footba...ly-adds-value-tv-protects-season-ticket-sales

They appear to be headed for a set up of 3 permanent conference foes and 6 rotating conference foes each year.

Couple of thoughts:

1. It makes it even tougher for ND to remain an independent. The ACC will be the only major conference to have fewer than 9 conference games. It will be tougher for ND to fill out a schedule.

2. As our insiders are stating it appears a move to the SEC is almost a done deal, who would you like to see as Miami's 3 permanent conference foes if it is Miami, FSU, Clemson, and UNC to the SEC? Personally, I would want to see it as Florida, FSU, and UNC. However, I think Florida would protest and Miami would get stuck with FSU, Clemson, and UNC as its permanent conference foes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Has anyone reported going to the SEC is a done deal? lol

I think UM would be Tier 2 for who the SEC would want given how much they pride themselves on that Southern feel.

To me, the B1G is the conference who will be clamoring for a UM/UNC/UVA - they need new TV markets.
Don't want to put words in anybody mouth, but from my understanding on this site, we're pretty close to a done deal to the SEC

If the Turds had any brains, they'd want to play us every season so they could sell it to SoFla recruits.

But they'll probably want to be the Holes, UGA and their "academic peer" Vanderbilt. 😐

So wahhhh. which three teams wahhh would be wahhhh the Gator wahhhh permanent opponents wahhhh?

Georgia, South Carolina and Kentucky?

Advertisement
So wahhhh. which three teams wahhh would be wahhhh the Gator wahhhh permanent opponents wahhhh?

Georgia, South Carolina and Kentucky?
My prediction is Florida will end up with FSU, Georgia, and Tennessee. You know they'd rather have SC and Kentucky in there though. lol

Advertisement
See the mega conference thread
Never once has a legitimate source stated anything about us joining the SEC being a done deal.

All you see are posters assuming that the remaining good Pac-12 schools will go to the Big 10 and Miami, Clemson, FSU, and UNC will go to the SEC. Even among regular posters its 50/50 between Big 10 and SEC.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I think UM would be Tier 2 for who the SEC would want given how much they pride themselves on that Southern feel.

To me, the B1G is the conference who will be clamoring for a UM/UNC/UVA - they need new TV markets.
The Miami to SEC thing is fan led mental *********ion. Is it possible? Yes, but the SEC probably sees Miami as a second tier. The B1G on the other hand, would love to have another eastern school, in a hot recruiting area join their configuration. Miami to the B1G makes sense, especially seeing that they've already added the West Coast Miami in Southern Cal.

The SEC doesn't see Miami as "Tier 2". We may not be as desirable as other schools, but that has much less to do with how well UM fits the "southern feel" than the fact that they don't want outsiders from recruiting hot beds coming in and taking over the conference.

Give me the B1G & its more sophisticated fan bases.

The University of Miami being "tier 2" in comparison to the Podunk confederate SEC schools, either in academics or in football, is some funny stuff 😂

The SEC doesn't see Miami as "Tier 2". We may not be as desirable as other schools, but that has much less to do with how well UM fits the "southern feel" than the fact that they don't want outsiders from recruiting hot beds coming in and taking over the conference.

Give me the B1G & its more sophisticated fan bases.

The University of Miami being "tier 2" in comparison to the Podunk confederate SEC schools, either in academics or in football, is some funny stuff 😂
Tier 2 in regards to options. We aren't the SECs first choice. Miami joining the conference hurts too many other schools, especially ones that depend on South Florida talent.

Advertisement
Back