SEC announces conference only schedule

Advertisement
The original statement I was agreeing with was that the SEC is not some Uber elite level “Mini nfl” conference. I never argued the ACC was sniffing the SEC, my brother man

Bro, the thing is, back in 2012 A&M and Missouri were expected to be SEC bottom dwellers because they were Big12 teams going to the SEC. THEY WERE NOT BOTOM DWELLERS. END OF ARGUMENT, bro

And FWIW Missouri got clowned in their only 2 Big 12 title games circa 2006-2007. Not sure your age but they were expected to be a SEC bottom dweller and they won the division.
i

I have been following college football for a very long time AND nobody said those two teams were going to be bottom dwellers, especially AM. They always had money and access to talent.

They went into the first game against OU ranked 1 in the country. They were tied at half in that game. Says it was 10-10.

I have a ton of respect for Gary Pinkel. He would have killed it at Miami. I think he would have won a couple titles here.

i

I have been following college football for a very long time AND nobody said those two teams were going to be bottom dwellers, especially AM. They always had money and access to talent.

They went into the first game against OU ranked 1 in the country. They were tied at half in that game. Says it was 10-10.

I have a ton of respect for Gary Pinkel. He would have killed it at Miami. I think he would have won a couple titles here.
That’s cool and I feel like you trying to argue a point that I am not arguing. And I have nothing but respect for Coach Pinkel. But going in to 2013 season Missouri was picked to finish second to last in the East with no player in the Top 3 preseason teams. They won the division

2012 preseason - Texas A&M was predicted to finish 2-6 in conference and finish next to last. They went 6-2 in the west including a win over Alabama in which they opened up as a 14 point underdog

Last edited:
Since Florida in effect “cancelled” its game against FSU, I wonder if they have to pay a buyout/breach penalty? That payment could keep the Noles’ sports program above water........

Advertisement
Back