SEC announces conference only schedule

thegap is so HUGe that the SEC is 25-23 vs the ACC since 2016. That includes Bama playing teams like Duke. You notice you haven’t seen top ACC teams play vandy?
I’ve watched top SEC teams play Vandy…sometimes they hold their own. Vandy is a bad example because they’re just there to collect an SEC TV check. The hardest job in P-5 is the Vandy Job.

The talent gap is huge (and don’t use Duke…the 2Nd/3rd most talented team in the ACC has lost to Duke 2 years in a row) and I won’t dispute the inter conference record, it’s just crazy to believe someone would write Auburn is average. Florida (now) isn’t average; the problem is Miami keeps playing down to this **** ACC comp that many of you want to believe they must be good. They’re not.

Advertisement
this schedule is for sure getting pushed to 9/26. Pac and SEC both starting same dates. only way i dont see it going that route is if theyre doing 2 weeks between every game

Remember when the SEC was at its peak but then a BIG 12 school won its division within two years of joining the conference. People on here saying ACC teams would lose over there but Missou won their division. GTFO. Are they better? Sure. But they are not some NFL Lite division that the media plays them up to be
Yeah, when Texas A&M and Missouri joined it was the SEC Homer song and dance.

Texas A&M, with a first year head coach went 6-2 in the ALMIGHTY GAUNTLET OF THE SEC WEST with a win at Alabama (who went on to win a NC). Their 2 loses were extremely close games including at LSU and a season opener against UF. That was also their best record in over ten years.

In their second season in the SEC Missouri had their best football season ever going 7-1 in the SEC including going on the road to stomp all over a Top 10 Georgia team.

Enough with the bullsh*t

Last edited:
Advertisement
Games UF doesn't play anymore:

Eastern Washington @ Florida
South Alabama @ Florida
New Mexico State @ Florida
Florida @ Florida State

And they will add two SEC West teams.

LOL Florida might just lose MORE games with a 10 game schedule than they would have with their 12 game schedule!

Never said we were on par, but they are top heavy.

You act like every team in the SEC is good.

Georgia is good, never won anything, the rest of the conference are riding Bama and LSU coattails.

SC, Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky, A&M, Vanderbilt, miss st, olemiss, tenn, florida are all average programs.

Auburn won with Newton without him they are also average.

auburn also played fir another recently without newton.

imagine acc with 3 clemsons (bama, LSU, Georgia) then a FSU with Fisher, who gets it right once every 5-10 yrs (Auburn, Florida). Throw in A&M. Middle of the road -lower tier s. Carolina, mizzou, ole miss, MSU , Kentucky Tennessee

auburn also played fir another recently without newton.

imagine acc with 3 clemsons (bama, LSU, Georgia) then a FSU with Fisher, who gets it right once every 5-10 yrs (Auburn, Florida). Throw in A&M. Middle of the road -lower tier s. Carolina, mizzou, ole miss, MSU , Kentucky Tennessee

The thing us oeople act like all those teams are always good at the same time.

Bama is consistent and last few years so has Georgia and Lsu.

But most of the time is a two good team conference and a bunch of overrated teams.⁰

SELECTING ORGANIZATION
2019LSUCFP
2018ClemsonCFP
2017AlabamaCFP
2016ClemsonCFP
2015AlabamaCFP
2014Ohio StateCFP
2013Florida StateBCS
2012AlabamaBCS
2011AlabamaBCS
2010AuburnBCS
2009AlabamaBCS
2008FloridaBCS
2007LSUBCS
2006Florida

Advertisement
The thing us oeople act like all those teams are always good at the same time.

Bama is consistent and last few years so has Georgia and Lsu.

But most of the time is a two good team conference and a bunch of overrated teams.⁰

Last yr bama, Georgia, Florida, auburn, LSU were all good.
Would anyone but Clemson win 3 of the 5?

Yeah, when Texas A&M and Missouri joined it was the SEC Homer song and dance.

Texas A&M, with a first year head coach went 6-2 in the ALMIGHTY GAUNTLET OF THE SEC WEST with a win at Alabama (who went on to win a NC). Their 2 loses were extremely close games including at LSU and a season opener against UF. That was also their best record in over ten years.

In their second season in the SEC Missouri had their best football season ever going 7-1 in the SEC including going on the road to stomp all over a Top 10 Georgia team.

Enough with the bullsh*t

This is your example to try and prove that the ACC is closer to the level of the SEC?

AM might have been the top team, or close to it, at years end that season. They were really good that year once JM got rolling. You seem to have left that part out. I believe they went on to beat Oklahoma in their post season matchup.

Missouri had played for the Big 12 title a few times under Pinkel and they were ranked as high as #1 going into their conf matchup. (Don’t remember the year).

Go back and look at the stretch Missouri had under Pinkel. They were **** good at one point over that stretch.

They played Auburn in 2013 and it shows they were winning that game in the 4 qtr. Auburn lost very late to FSU in the title game. Missouri apparently was pretty solid that year.

AM has never even won the West.

Last edited:
This is your example to try and prove that the ACC is closer to the level of the SEC?

AM might have been the top team, or close to it, at years end that season. They were really good that year once JM got rolling. You seem to have left that part out. I believe they went on to beat Oklahoma in their post season matchup.

Missouri had played for the Big 12 title a few times under Pinkel and they were ranked as high as #1 going into their conf matchup. (Don’t remember the year).

Go back and look at the stretch Missouri had under Pinkel. They were **** good at one point over a stretch.

They played Auburn in 2013 and it shows they were winning that game in the 4 qtr. Auburn lost very late to FSU in the title game. Missouri apparently was pretty solid that year.

AM has never even won the West.
The original statement I was agreeing with was that the SEC is not some Uber elite level “Mini nfl” conference. I never argued the ACC was sniffing the SEC, my brother man

Bro, the thing is, back in 2012 A&M and Missouri were expected to be SEC bottom dwellers because they were Big12 teams going to the SEC. THEY WERE NOT BOTOM DWELLERS. END OF ARGUMENT, bro

And FWIW Missouri got clowned in their only 2 Big 12 title games circa 2006-2007. Not sure your age but they were expected to be a SEC bottom dweller and they won the division.

Last edited:
The original statement I was agreeing with was that the SEC is not some Uber elite level “Mini nfl” conference. I never argued the ACC was sniffing the SEC, my brother man

Bro, the thing is, back in 2012 A&M and Missouri were expected to be SEC bottom dwellers because they were Big12 teams going to the SEC. THEY WERE NOT BOTOM DWELLERS. END OF ARGUMENT, bro

And FWIW Missouri got clowned in their only 2 Big 12 title games circa 2006-2007. Not sure your age but they were expected to be a SEC bottom dweller and they won the division.
What have they done in the last few years. Go back 5...

Advertisement
What have they done in the last few years. Go back 5...
You can do that yourself and then try to present argument. But it has absolutely nothing to do with this argument. Nothing can change the fact that they were supposed to be a bottom dweller and came in not only competed but won their division. If the SEC were an mini NFL, two Big 12 teams wouldn’t be able to come in and do as well as they did. That’s the end of the argument bro

You can do that yourself and then try to present argument. But it has absolutely nothing to do with this argument. Nothing can change the fact that they were supposed to be a bottom dweller and came in not only competed but won their division.
That‘s exactly what I expect someone to say when they have a laser-thin argument.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back