SEC announces conference only schedule

It’s wider. Interconference play doesn’t tell the whole story. Put Louisville or VT in the SEC and they finish at the bottom. Same goes for UNC. IIT would get destroyed in the SEC.
I disagree. Louisville & VT are on par with Miss State, UK, Ole Miss, South Carolina. Miami, Unc, & ND are on par with Auburn, A&M, & Florida. Then at the top they got us a bit for sure but I think we’re improving as a conference. Clemson would win the SEC this season.

Advertisement
I disagree. Louisville & VT are on par with Miss State, UK, Ole Miss, South Carolina. Miami, Unc, & ND are on par with Auburn, A&M, & Florida. Then at the top they got us a bit for sure but I think we’re improving as a conference. Clemson would win the SEC this season.
1. Clemson would have a chance, but there is zero guarantee that Clemson could win the SEC East, much less the conference.
2. uhm no. Louisville was destroyed by Miami last year and VT was spotted how many before Miami caught them -and then gave the game away? These teams, playing for and getting ready for an ACCC schedule would kill most ACC teams. **** Vandy, might get 2nd in the Coastal or the Atlantic. ACC is **** without Miami and FSU playing the way they should.

We definitely disagree.

$EC got scared, they like to claim they are head and shoulders better than anyone but always afraid to play top OOC games.

The sec greatness is overrated, they are top heavy with Bama, LSU and Georgia but after those three there are a bunch of average teams.

But those average teams are state schools mostly where football is a religion so they get hyped a lot by the media.

$EC got scared, they like to claim they are head and shoulders better than anyone but always afraid to play top OOC games.

The sec greatness is overrated, they are top heavy with Bama, LSU and Georgia but after those three there are a bunch of average teams.

But those average teams are state schools mostly where football is a religion so they get hyped a lot by the media.
They’re average for the SEC, but they’re better than most of the teams in college football. aTm? Would destroy the ACC. Auburn? Would destroy the ACC. Kentucky is even built to destroy the ACC. Playing top OOC games is often a function of economics…they can usually fill a large stadium and stack revenue.

Too much stock is put into one off inter conference games that the SEC gives zero ***** about. They’re not overrated, they’re as advertised. The ACC is overrated.

They’re average for the SEC, but they’re better than most of the teams in college football. aTm? Would destroy the ACC. Auburn? Would destroy the ACC. Kentucky is even built to destroy the ACC. Playing top OOC games is often a function of economics…they can usually fill a large stadium and stack revenue.

Too much stock is put into one off inter conference games that the SEC gives zero ***** about. They’re not overrated, they’re as advertised. The ACC is overrated.

LOL you sound just like the sec fans, you sure you are not one.

Kentucky destroys the ACC?

Advertisement
Seriously, how often has that actually happened?

When was the last, or how often, has the SEC champ had 3 losses?

LSU

Edit: I don’t feel like looking it up, but I believe now it was 2, not 3, that year they won it with Miles

Last edited:
Without the SEC-ACC rivalry games I wonder how are some ACC teams going to fill the OOC game slot? FSU without UF, GT without GA, Clemson without SC...

Any chance the ACC drops the OOC game and just plays 10 in-conference games?

Fan of good football. Which is more consistently than not played in the SEC. Only the delusional believe that the ACC is on par - in any way - with the SEC.

Never said we were on par, but they are top heavy.

You act like every team in the SEC is good.

Georgia is good, never won anything, the rest of the conference are riding Bama and LSU coattails.

SC, Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky, A&M, Vanderbilt, miss st, olemiss, tenn, florida are all average programs.

Auburn won with Newton without him they are also average.

Advertisement
SEC, SEC!

I remember a few short years ago the ACC was kicking the crap out SEC on rivalry weekend!

There is a lot of suck in the SEC.

Vandy, Mizzou, South Carolina, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Mississippi State has stunk lately. Texas A&M has been average after Menziel.

Kentucky has gotten decent, they had a good team 2 years ago. Bama, UGA, LSU have been carrying the league. Auburn and UF are obviously a tier below them.

it’s the best league, but it’s not like all the teams are great.

Clemson would be the favorite to win the SEC. They’ve consistently beaten teams from that league for years. 2-2 vs. mighty Bama, and lost to LSU last year. Lots of wins though.

Fan of good football. Which is more consistently than not played in the SEC. Only the delusional believe that the ACC is on par - in any way - with the SEC.
Disagree, Louisville beat down on Kentucky with Lamar, FSU beat down on UF with Jamesis Winston, Clemson consistently curbstomps South Carolina. ****, UNC is about even with SCe. The only lopsided is UGA consistently gashes GT. I would love to play UGA at Joe Robbie at night, just like, remember 3 years back them golden helmets came to town.

Never said we were on par, but they are top heavy.

You act like every team in the SEC is good.

Georgia is good, never won anything, the rest of the conference are riding Bama and LSU coattails.

SC, Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky, A&M, Vanderbilt, miss st, olemiss, tenn, florida are all average programs.

Auburn won with Newton without him they are also average.
Let me say it again. All of those teams that you mention, would swap their schedules in a second with whatever you consider to be the toughest ACC schedule, and every ACC team including Clemson would sheepishly say, “I’m good!” “I don’t know what he’s talking about.”

Auburn and Florida and those other SEC teams are average? Even, I if believe that (I don’t), then that just means that just means that nearly every team in the ACC is ****.

2019, 2017, 2013, 2011 Auburn beat Alabama. 4 times in 10 years. Which ACC team was capable of that in the last 10 years? (****, I don’t think Saban has lost to ANY team 3 times aside from Auburn in the last 10. Newton was there in 2011.) Had Florida and Clemson swapped conference’s last year, Florida wins the ACC (not their fault Miami couldn’t close the deal) - and likely goes undefeated. I’d be hard pressed to say that Clemson would automatically make the CFP from the SEC. Possible, of course. No guarantee.

Take away Clemson and Miami and the AAC had more 2020 NFL draft picks than the ACC. That’s the American! Quincy Roche’s old conference had more NFL talent on draft day than his new one when discounting for Clemson and Miami. And his team had just as many draft picks as Miami. He went to Temple.

Take away UGA, LSU and Alabama and the SEC had 6 more drafted than the entire ACC - which obviously includes Clemson’s 7 and Miami’s 4.

Had you made an argument like the SEC is no better than the B1G…it might have legs, but the SEC is well above average as a conference.

Advertisement

SEC only plays big OOC in the beginning of the season, when teams not in their best form. Talent normally prevails. Let's not forget how SEC got smart by scheduling FCS opponents before ACC opponents for years to preserve their energy leading into the rivalry. The SEC bias was made once BAMA started dominating.

Without the SEC-ACC rivalry games I wonder how are some ACC teams going to fill the OOC game slot? FSU without UF, GT without GA, Clemson without SC...

Any chance the ACC drops the OOC game and just plays 10 in-conference games?

NC without AU
UVA without UGA

Advertisement
It’s wider. Interconference play doesn’t tell the whole story. Put Louisville or VT in the SEC and they finish at the bottom. Same goes for UNC. IIT would get destroyed in the SEC.

thegap is so HUGe that the SEC is 25-23 vs the ACC since 2016. That includes Bama playing teams like Duke. You notice you haven’t seen top ACC teams play vandy?

Remember when the SEC was at its peak but then a BIG 12 school won its division within two years of joining the conference. People on here saying ACC teams would lose over there but Missou won their division. GTFO. Are they better? Sure. But they are not some NFL Lite division that the media plays them up to be

Remember when the SEC was at its peak but then a BIG 12 school won its division within two years of joining the conference. People on here saying ACC teams would lose over there but Missou won their division. GTFO. Are they better? Sure. But they are not some NFL Lite division that the media plays them up to be
And they were a middle type Big XII team at that. Missouri won the East in year 2 and year 3 of being in the conference.

SEC policy is that their teams can play OoC games but it can't require out of state travel. Come on! Make UF vs UM rematch happen! This is a no-brainer and a huge draw.

Advertisement
Back