Sebastian's Pub's 2021 Season Outlook

rsa coral gables

Malentendido
Premium
Sebastian's Pub's 2021 Season Outlook, featuring Vishnu "the creator, protector and transformational Deity" Parasuraman, has been released. Interesting read as always. Two of the three contributors (the three contributors parallel the three principal deities of Hinduism, one of which is Vishnu) are not very optimistic. Vishnu, , also known as Vish in ultra liberal circles in Washington DC, is more optimistic, which is rare for a liberal. Maybe it was the Biden election or perhaps Biden's stellar performance the last few weeks, if not since January 2021. I don't know, just guessing.

Anyways, here's the outlook. https://sebastianspub.wordpress.com/2021/08/30/2021-season-preview/

Last edited:
Advertisement
thumb_prepare-your-****-memegenerator-net-ewok-prepare-your-angus-www-topsimages-com-49104002.png

I can understand having concerns but the other 2 Clarke and Thompson(?) don't really seem to have a good feel for this team. They struck me as hacks and not because of their less than rosy outlook. Even Vishnu had some eyebrow raising comments. The secondary being a major concern???? WTF?

Advertisement
Not on topic at all and sorry for the slight detail, but is Zion back? I'm not being a smartass for once, work has been a son of a ***** so haven't been keeping up.

Advertisement
I can understand having concerns but the other 2 Clarke and Thompson(?) don't really seem to have a good feel for this team. They struck me as hacks and not because of their less than rosy outlook. Even Vishnu had some eyebrow raising comments. The secondary being a major concern???? WTF?
The secondary last year was mediocre. Stevenson was mediocre at Georgia.

I think all will improve, due to experience and coaching, but it is not a foregone conclusion that the secondary will be good.

Stop drinking the offseason koolaid.

Advertisement
There's being realistic and then there's looking at the error band and focusing solely on the negative.

But I'll tell you why this is a crap preview. There's so much room to break down some of these opinions with actual data that would have either reinforced their opinions or caused them to change them. Spending all the time to write something like this and have it be 95% "feel" is just a waste of everyone's time.

Advertisement
There's being realistic and then there's looking at the error band and focusing solely on the negative.

But I'll tell you why this is a crap preview. There's so much room to break down some of these opinions with actual data that would have either reinforced their opinions or caused them to change them. Spending all the time to write something like this and have it be 95% "feel" is just a waste of everyone's time.
Agree on this. This was all mainly hyberbole and quite lazy, especially that Clarke doofus who claimed that last year's team was somehow better. I understand losing Phillips and Roche but not sure how you can return pretty much everyone else and improve your defensive coaching staff and 'get worse'. Vishnu is usually pretty good outside of his usual pontifications. The other two guys are hacks and probably why I've never heard of them.

To me, the App State game is the pivot point of the season. Win that and we are likely 5-1 going into UNC with a good bit of momentum. Lose that and games against MSU and Virginia become toss-ups and Manny is on the hot seat in year 3.

I read a pre-season preview about Miami’s defensive line production that referenced how Miami has consistently (of late) churned out big time producers at the defensive line position, in regards to sacks and tackles for loss.

That’s an actual quote from the article.

Advertisement
Back