Season Win Total and Thoughts

Austen

Recruit
Let me start by saying, I went to the first game against Bethune (yes I know we should demolish them regardless) BUT we looked like a different team all together. Here are some of my thoughts and projections for the rest of the year:
FAU-W. We win this one easily with Brad Kaaya scorching their defensive backs. Yes, I know they are treating this as their national championship, but we have too much speed and talent to lose this one. Prediction: 42-10
Nebraska-W. We win this because they lost abdullah, their best receiver/playmaker for the year and lets be honest Armstrong is garbage. Prediciton:28-17
Cincy- This one scares me, total trap game before FSWHO but i think Walton torches their weak defense and we win a close one on the road in bearcat territory. Prediction 31-24.
FSU-W. Yeah i know (this guy is a total homer) no I just think we are a different team and Golson will struggle this year with protecting the ball and they lost a lot of playmakers. I think we win a classic with Badgley making a 30 yarder to win. Prediction: 27-24.
VA Tech- W. Michael brewer will either be out or coming back shakey off of his injury and their offense is suspect at best. Predicition: 35-14
Clemson:L. I think this team is too much to handle for us. Watson is the real deal. Barring an injury to him we cant stop him. Prediction 27-21
Duke- W. Easy win. Kaaya throws for 400+ and we win an easy one. 35-17
Virginia-W. This team is sick of losing to london and so is Golden. 21-10. win a sloppy one.
UNC-W. This team is all bark and no bight. Williams is an above average QB with some talent around him but not as much as we have. 23-16
Georgia Tech-L. I think we lose and play our worst game of the year. Somehow Paul Johnson's teams always come to play and no one can stop that option. Prediciton: 35-21
Pitt-W. we exhale after that ugly loss and get a good win on the road. 30-22.
This team will meet Clemson in the ACC championship game and win a close one.
This team this year will be at its best when doubted by the country, and Al Golden knows his job and coaching career as a whole are on the line.
Kaaya is special and this defense will prove tons of people wrong this year.
10-2.
ACC title.
Kaaya ACC player of year'
Walton ACC rookie of year
Deon Bush 2nd team ALL american

Last edited:
Advertisement
wpid-index6.jpg

Keep drinkin...

Advertisement
I appreciate your enthusiasm but I have too many reservations about Golden and staff to get caught up in drinking the Kool-Aid. I would not be shocked to see this defense ball out but I have major concerns on offense. LT is a dumpster fire right now and I just can't imagine that Coley is all of a sudden a good OC.

I have a very bad feeling that Kaaya will be the same player he was last year and that scares me. A player like Kaaya should make huge strides between his freshman and sophomore years. I know it's one game against a cupcake but the performance on offense was garbage considering the opponent. Was it a matter of shaking off the rust in a game that no one was really excited about? Maybe. It could also be that Coley is garbage and in over his head in which case we are never going to see the Brad Kaaya that we expect to see

Having said all that I can actually see this team possibly going 6-0 to start. Don't get me wrong, FSU is still very talented but I don't think they will be nearly as explosive on offense with Golson under center. We should clobber FAU and Nebraska is a trash heap. The game at Cincinnati is intriguing but we should win there mostly because they are one dimensional on offense and their defense is straight garbage.

Clemson will be a tough game to win because they have a lot of firepower and athletes all over. I could see us crashing down to earth after that then losing games we have no business losing too like UNC and Pitt. GT will run all over us and VT is a toss up. Golden needs to do better than 8-4 considering the talent on this team and the schedule.

Bottom line: If we are not playing in Charlotte the first Saturday in December then it will be an abysmal failure.

I think this is how the season should play out and I hope it does. That said, I am taking it one game at a time - hope and cheering for the Canes. We will see how it plays out.

4-8, because Fraulden the Incompetent will get us there.

Firing Day is 82 away.

This single game is often cited as our resurrection. Edgerin James was good for 299 yards.
We lost to McNabb's Syracuse 13-66, the previous week.

We had tickets to the original scheduled date, but Hurricane George did it in.

[video=youtube;KQHIPVIN5OI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQHIPVIN5OI[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
The offense is a major concern. We did nothing in the first quarter - nothing. The play calling is beyond suspect.

The defense played well; hopefully that will continue....

The special teams (other than Elder) were not special. Semerene kicked one ball deep into the end zone - that was it. We didn't cover the kicks very well....

Butch Davis solves every issue except for big-time game day coaching. I can accept that.

Let me start by saying, I went to the first game against Bethune (yes I know we should demolish them regardless) BUT we looked like a different team all together. Here are some of my thoughts and projections for the rest of the year:
FAU-W. We win this one easily with Brad Kaaya scorching their defensive backs. Yes, I know they are treating this as their national championship, but we have too much speed and talent to lose this one. Prediction: 42-10
Nebraska-W. We win this because they lost abdullah, their best receiver/playmaker for the year and lets be honest Armstrong is garbage. Prediciton:28-17
Cincy- This one scares me, total trap game before FSWHO but i think Walton torches their weak defense and we win a close one on the road in bearcat territory. Prediction 31-24.
FSU-W. Yeah i know (this guy is a total homer) no I just think we are a different team and Golson will struggle this year with protecting the ball and they lost a lot of playmakers. I think we win a classic with Badgley making a 30 yarder to win. Prediction: 27-24.
VA Tech- W. Michael brewer will either be out or coming back shakey off of his injury and their offense is suspect at best. Predicition: 35-14
Clemson:L. I think this team is too much to handle for us. Watson is the real deal. Barring an injury to him we cant stop him. Prediction 27-21
Duke- W. Easy win. Kaaya throws for 400+ and we win an easy one. 35-17
Virginia-W. This team is sick of losing to london and so is Golden. 21-10. win a sloppy one.
UNC-W. This team is all bark and no bight. Williams is an above average QB with some talent around him but not as much as we have. 23-16
Georgia Tech-L. I think we lose and play our worst game of the year. Somehow Paul Johnson's teams always come to play and no one can stop that option. Prediciton: 35-21
Pitt-W. we exhale after that ugly loss and get a good win on the road. 30-22.
This team will meet Clemson in the ACC championship game and win a close one.
This team this year will be at its best when doubted by the country, and Al Golden knows his job and coaching career as a whole are on the line.
Kaaya is special and this defense will prove tons of people wrong this year.
10-2.
ACC title.
Kaaya ACC player of year'
Walton ACC rookie of year
Deon Bush 2nd team ALL american

Anywhere from 5-7 to 7-5. We just aren't beating FSU, Clemson, GT, or VT. And we probably won't beat Nebraska. Throw in that we like to choke twice a year vs a Pitt, UNC, or UVA, and that gets us a .500 or just under .500 season. Those that think will will win only 4 games are almost as off base as the OP. The coaching staff stinks, but we still have a fair amount of S.Fla talent, and the Coastal is quite pedestrian. The 4-8 prognostications are wishful thinking too because that would insure Golden is gone. The nightmare scenario is 7-5, he somehow keeps his job, and with that record the recruiting class falls apart.

8 games is the total we can't finish at. Not enough losses to fire him and not enough wins for him to move on. Unfortunately after seeing how terrible Nebraska is I see 8 wins

Advertisement
I'm all in! I'll take it a step further: 12-0 as we will pound GT and ***** Swinney is as bad as El Foldo, and El Foldo has more talented players than ***** has. El Foldo has a schedule full of crap and injured paper tigers.

El Foldo was born under a lucky star. How else do you explain a terrible coach rising to a job like the UM job, and hanging onto it longer than he should have due to a scandal and an inept and apathetic president of the university?

***** you mean. BK did not scorch BCU DBs. News Flash: FAU is better than BCU.

Unlike BCU, FAU actually has a pulse.

P.S. The fact that you can Suck Folden's KOCK and type at the same time is impressive.

Advertisement
Clemson just lost their best WR to a broken neck.

VT just lost their QB to a broken clavicle.

Two pieces of great news.

The planets are aligning.

Advertisement
Back