Season thoughts

MS11

Freshman
I'm sure this will be taken well in a rational place like here but I just wanted to put my thoughts out into the universe. First of all I think this year's been quite the let down I expected more from this team but I will say hype aside I didn't think this team was better than lasts. Defense wise we had a bunch of older guys on the defense last year and any time you turn to younger and less experienced guys, especially throughout the secondary, it's not going to usually go well. I'm not ready to give up on this coaching staff quite yet and I think if their any good they should finish the year out strong in the last few weeks and I think next year should be the year for this team to make a run. There will be upperclassmen or at the very least very experienced underclassmen at virtually every position. Sure this team should be doing better than they currently are but this year was never going to be that great of a year, the litmus test for this coaching staff should be how they finish the season and how next year goes. Sorry for the shot of realism I know this fanbase has been asked to wait way till next year way too often.

Advertisement
I'm sure this will be taken well in a rational place like here but I just wanted to put my thoughts out into the universe. First of all I think this year's been quite the let down I expected more from this team but I will say hype aside I didn't think this team was better than lasts. Defense wise we had a bunch of older guys on the defense last year and any time you turn to younger and less experienced guys, especially throughout the secondary, it's not going to usually go well. I'm not ready to give up on this coaching staff quite yet and I think if their any good they should finish the year out strong in the last few weeks and I think next year should be the year for this team to make a run. There will be upperclassmen or at the very least very experienced underclassmen at virtually every position. Sure this team should be doing better than they currently are but this year was never going to be that great of a year, the litmus test for this coaching staff should be how they finish the season and how next year goes. Sorry for the shot of realism I know this fanbase has been asked to wait way till next year way too often.

Realism = 15 years of football drek

And you want more!?!

Well if u want to look at it that way we've sucked for 15 years so why would u expect anything else?? Guess that would be even more realism

Are you an example of today's defeated snowflakes? Just asking.

Advertisement
I'm not giving up no Manny yet, but I'm not watching another game this year. Hoping this year he is just getting his feet wet and working out the kinks, but it has gotten to were it is unwatchable. I'll just check the bottom line from time to time to see how much we are down and how bad we lost from here on out. As we have been saying for 15+ years "maybe next year."

I'm not giving up no Manny yet, but I'm not watching another game this year. Hoping this year he is just getting his feet wet and working out the kinks, but it has gotten to were it is unwatchable. I'll just check the bottom line from time to time to see how much we are down and how bad we lost from here on out. As we have been saying for 15+ years "maybe next year."
Yeah that's why I didn't want to say that but I like to think I'm pretty unbiased and that's how I view it from watching this team. Don't blame u for not watching for me it's almost therapeutic lol plus I love scouting this team even if it's just to watch guys I think will be big factors next year

Are you an example of today's defeated snowflakes? Just asking.
Naw I'm not defeated I'm not the one calling for a coaches head after 5 games I'm just not someone who thought we'd be all that good this year unless some young guys were instant great starters with no experience but they're not and they're going through normal inexperienced issues. The losses to UNC and VT are unacceptable anyways and changes have to be made schematically or personal wise but I'm willing to give a first year head coach a little time. Think the biggest thing he should do is take back playcalling duties and have his hand more involved on defense right now.

Advertisement
Back